The L86 LSW - the most beastly gun in the game?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

The L86 LSW - the most beastly gun in the game?

I really am starting to believe it.  I mean there seems to be no situation where this gun feels out of its depth.  Sure, it might take you a while to get anywhere, but when you get there this thing just cuts through people like the proverbial warm knife through butter.  It's got a pretty high fire rate, decent damage and great range, plus being an LMG you can just keep hosing bullets in the enemy direction without having to worring about getting caught reloading before you take em all out.  The only minor gripe would be the irons which are not great for precision shots, so I would definitely recommend either a red dot or a thermal.  Couple those with any other attachment and you have a weapon that will do serious work for you.  If you've not already tried this bad boy out then pick it up.  You will not be disappointed.

Level 29
26 REPLIES

Re: The L86 LSW - the most beastly gun in the game?

in reply to WKMMS

No reason to use a PKP or MG36 when you have the L86. With thermal plus rapid fire it is a death beam.

Level 1

in reply to moabmauler

I really liked the MG36 for getting up in peoples faces, but didn't find it much use at range. Before I started using the L86 I was convinced that the MK46 was the best LMG, but not anymore

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

Alright so far I have the MK46 Gold, as well as the PKP Gold.

The L86 is the next gun I'm getting Gold.

I LOVE LMG's!!!

Now the MK46 is great all around, and the PKP can get the job done as well.

But slap an RDS on the L86, and go to town!

The thing can cut these guys down with ease!

I don't think it will take me long to get this gun golden either.

The accuracy, even without Grip or Kick, is good enough that a simple burst fire can kill an enemy at distance.

Close quarters, don't even think about it!

The only gun I'm consistently beaten with is the SMGs.

At close quarters, that makes sense.

But everything else can be owned, as long as you use your class right.

Currently, I'm running the L86 with Speed and an RDS.

OWNAGE!

Level 2

in reply to xBIGEVILx

wait till you get the thermal on it... couple it with grip and you'll be sniping people from one end of Bakaara to the other.  The accuracy is insane

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

from my time in the cavalry I was quite the expert marksman with the 240-b, 1000 meter shots are no problem, that was from the prone position however.... so in mw2 it was my gun of choice for nostalgia sake... I was an MG36 fan, then a hardcore ump user.... now after picking up l86's with scopes from my foes...im starting to think i need to try it out

Level 1

in reply to WKMMS

LMG's are just beastly in general...my favourite is the MG36 suppressor + grip. EASY airstrike->reaper->AC-130 and I'm not even that great at the game. The LSW is a solid choice though. Only LMG that statistically should be poor is the PKP, but for some reason it holds its own.

Esy
Level 23

I can't use the MG36 anymore. I used to beast with it, but it seems like even with Grip and Kick, it has more recoil than it used to.

Level 22

in reply to Noob_Lyncher

Well grip and kick is redundant. They don't stack. Using both of them is a waste. Thermal isn't great for the MG36, so I like to suppress it. I guess you could always go with speed/another proficiency and grip if you wanted as well. Range isn't a huge issue for me since, because I'm sniping a lot these days, my main LMG maps are Dome and Mission.

Esy
Level 23

I've read on other websites that Grip and Kick do stack. But I remember being able to full auto people at range with the MG36. Now, it's even hard to burst fire across the map with it. Found this too:

http://www.gamespot.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/forum/lmg-guide-grip-vs-kick-results-surprisin...

"players can combine the Grip with Kick to further decrease recoil. It is unlocked for shotguns at Weapon Proficiency Level 2 and LMGs at Weapon Proficiency Level 8. It should be noted that the Grip does not provide as much recoil reduction as the Kick proficiency, albeit on the M60, where Grip provides much better recoil reduction, but as a compromise, gives the weapons it is attached to improved hipfire accuracy."

Level 22

Studios