The XM25... *facepalm*

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

The XM25... *facepalm*

So I don't know how many have seen the new XM25 footage in the Strike Package video, but it was shown that the XM25 grenade launcher is a semi-automatic launcher that holds 4 noob tube rounds at once, and comes with a total of 12 rounds every spawn.  Traditionally, even with OMA in MW2, you get 2 rounds at a time.  XM25 gives you 12 noob tubes. Every life. You would have to use OMA 6 times to get that many tubes in MW2. It was also believed you could not fire without lazing a target first with the scope, but the player is clearly hip-firing in the footage.

Now I understand there was not a single point in the video where the XM25 killed in one round, and the enemy shrugged that 1 round off.  However, these enemies probably all had Blast Shield.  Let's just say that you can tank one XM25 round and live even without Blast Shield - the user still has 3 more semi-automatic rounds ready to go.

So basically idiots and noobs will be able to run around and rapid fire 4 consecutive semi-auto noob tube rounds, from the hip.  Even someone using Blast Shield can't take more than 2 consecutive noob tubes.

Wow... you know, I thought they had learned.  I really thought Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games would have had more wisdom than that.  Guess I really should never assume anything.

Level 20
19 REPLIES

The XM25... *facepalm*

in reply to iamhollywood5

i dont think the xm25 will be that much of a problem in fact i dont think it will be used that much

Level 30

Re: The XM25... *facepalm*

in reply to machine2011

In Core it's not a problem.

In Hardcore it's a pandemic.

Level 23

The XM25... *facepalm*

If the enemy was using blast shield it would show the icon in the middle of your screen, the clips i saw clearly shows people without Blastshield brushing the tube damage off.

Level 8

The XM25... *facepalm*

in reply to chalmerzxd

^ This

They weren't using Blastshield.

Level 8

Re: The XM25... *facepalm*

First off: Noobtubes were nerfed.

Second: The XM25 is weaker than noobtubes by default because they use smaller rounds and thus do less damage.

SO! That being said, If they nerfed the noobtube to require two hits to kill, then that means the XM 25 needs 3 or 4 well placed explosions to kill someone without blast shield. WITH blast shield, it would take all of one clip or even more. Depends on how they did the blast shield.

That being said, I don't think it will be a problem. Again, you are speculating on a game that hasn't even come out yet! NO ONE has played with this thing after the game went gold, so NO ONE knows how it will act.

My suggestion: PLAY THE GAME before you start complaining that something is going to be OverPowered.

That's all I ask, mate.

Level 18

The XM25... *facepalm*

in reply to mralpharogue

Agreed ^^^^^^

Level 17

The XM25... *facepalm*

in reply to mralpharogue

Well put

Level 8

The XM25... *facepalm*

in reply to mralpharogue

Bob Dole and I approve of this message.

Level 4

The XM25... *facepalm*

I remember Fourzerotwo said that you have to program the distance that the XM25 will explode at and it will only explode at that distance?

Making it not much of a problem at all if your out of its reach?

Level 1

Studios