Trophy system vs predator missile

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Trophy system vs predator missile

Ok i know this might seem ok for some but WTF?! how is it possible for a tiny little bit of metal to to counter and destroy a predator missile?

This IMO needs to be fixed right? i have a little clip to show you all what i mean..

Enjoy

your thoughts.

Thanks.

<3 TizZle.

Level 13
35 REPLIES

Re: Trophy system vs predator missile

in reply to thetizzleguy

I love the Trophy System and really not sure how but I got a double kill with it the other night. I wish I would have kept that video and seen what happened.

Level 8

in reply to twinkeeze

The real Trophy system (the one designed to protect Israeli tanks from rockets and missiles) detects an incoming threat and fires a bunch of metal pellets at it, kind of like a computer-targeted shotgun.

The MW3 version just seems to do a weak explosion of its own covering the entire surrounding area, not only destroying the incoming explosive, but also damaging nearby enemies.  If an enemy is wounded, a Trophy can kill them.

Level 4

in reply to thetizzleguy

It shoots the projectile to detonate it mid-air instead of when it hits the ground. It protects against grenades, secondary grenades, RPGs and (I believe airstrikes and such), but only for 2 uses per life. Its not a glitch or anything.

Level 1

in reply to Toucan_Sam_17

Well i think its stupid that it can counter a pred... its a fu*king rocket FFS!

Level 13

in reply to thetizzleguy

It's called modern warfare. Hence, modern technology.

Esy
Level 23

in reply to thetizzleguy

A predator is only a 5 kill streak and without a trophy is an easy double to launch to attack heli.

It's not a glitch and should stay how it is. Watch te YouTube video on the real life trophy system. It's used on tanks and it's badass.

Speaking of double kills, I got a game winning kill with a trophy last night. I would uploa it and show you but my elite is broken. I was lying prone with my deagle and you hear pop. Going back tO theater offered little explanation.

Full list is nades, betties, c4, rocket propelled grenades, noob tubes, grenade launches, the 40 and 105 mm shells of the ac 130, air to ground missiles including pred, and it has some effect on stealth bomber.

Esy
Level 23

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A GLITCH?  i have said nothing about a glitch in this thread have i?

All i'm saying is that is pathetic for a throphy system to destroy a pred..

Level 13

in reply to thetizzleguy

You saying "fixed" implied that there was an error in coding.

When you consider that the IMS is 90% avoidable by having sitrep on and a sentry gun is 100% avoidable with blind eye, it would be completely unbalanced for the pred to have no counter. You're just lucky hardly anyone uses them.

Esy
Level 23

in reply to thetizzleguy

Yeah, trophy systems make a ton of sense in this game: 

Level 10

Studios