Well it is that time of year again...

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Well it is that time of year again...

in reply to esmorgue

"Live for nothing or die for something".

-John Rambo

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

zvers wrote:

"Live for nothing or die for something".

-John Rambo

Right on..man! We have to be vocal or literary about need ing to see improvement in the performance and function of these games. Just worrying about if they will take a perk out, or KS, or gun etc. etc. is all well and good. Yet, the core issue is... how will we honestyly know how well these features are/will working/work if the game plays like crap.

Thee should be no reason on this planet that the the games online performance get worse. Yet, steadily on these Forums focus on trivial crap, then when the game starts playing like crap and continues to, all of a sudden they are so concerned. "We need Local Matchmaking..hubbububububgrrrrrrr" Well do you think they are going to to take the time to do so while making/testing DLC? Hell no.

So in short...It would be in everyone's best interest to get involved ahead of the nest game. If you chose to focus on nnit pick, eyecandy, so be it. Just know I will flame thee for it when I see complaints about performance issues.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

its so sad you actually think you or a billion ppl complaining or trying to hint of things to fix black ops plays just as horrible as mw3 they aren't listening they never will so dont even try. all these pages forums posts all complaints about this or that is it fixed... its been a $hit game since release and bops 2 aint gonna be any better so save your time money and sanity dont bother with another cod cuz its gonna suck just like this one. besides bops 2 looks so gay futuristic with flyin saucers and stupid graphics yea i didnt even finish the trailer it looked so stupid

Level 1

in reply to trapped_

trapped_ wrote:

besides bops 2 looks so gay futuristic with flyin saucers and stupid graphics yea i didnt even finish the trailer it looked so stupid

If you did finish the trailer or even paid a bit of attention you'd know that this game is based in the near future and doesn't even come close to having "flyin saucers"

Level 75

in reply to esmorgue

I fully concur with all that has been said, but predict now that Black Ops 2 will out sell all previous CoD, and have at least the same level of lag as BO and MW3, most likely worse.  I appreciate there will always be some degree of lag, it is the nature of anything online.  However matchmaking is appalling, with no excuse.  In about 95% of my sessions I am playing people who live hundreds if not thousands of miles away in foreign lands.  I often feel like I have the sole MW3 disk in the UK and yet I know plenty of people who do live in the UK that play daily at the same time as me.  A decent matchmaking system will not eliminate lag, nothing will, but it will reduce the likelihood of significant, game spoiling lag and provide a massive improvement to the whole experience.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

First off, How do Sennalike? Also, where in the hell have you been? I havent seen you in a long time.

The thing that is the problem IMO, is the more they acquire new players the worse the game gets. We continue to get players that focus on the wrappings...instead of the quality of the product they are buying. I want a good feel when I play CoD online, not a good view ( well framerate has to be good ) of pretty new things. I have no problem with the insertion of new additions by any means. I just want what MATTERS.... SMOOTH as possible gameplay.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

I'm good thanks.  I took two months off this game, to preserve my sanity.  Now I am back, but not much has changed/improved.  What bugs me the most, connected with the matchmaking/lag problem is the number of times I have to keep backing out of matches because they are just unplayable.  I always try to avoid lobbies over the 75ms, but occasionally you get thrown into one before being able to back out.

I think a good idea woud be to slow down the matchmaking.  I'd be happier waiting two minutes for a decent match than simply being thrown into a rubbish one to "save time".  I will look for the new BO2 forum and give you my support!

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

sennalike wrote:

I'm good thanks.  I took two months off this game, to preserve my sanity.  Now I am back, but not much has changed/improved.  What bugs me the most, connected with the matchmaking/lag problem is the number of times I have to keep backing out of matches because they are just unplayable.  I always try to avoid lobbies over the 75ms, but occasionally you get thrown into one before being able to back out.

I think a good idea woud be to slow down the matchmaking.  I'd be happier waiting two minutes for a decent match than simply being thrown into a rubbish one to "save time".  I will look for the new BO2 forum and give you my support!

It would be much appreciated. Also look up robsstang's thread for HD Install.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

All I know is that this guy isn't buying into the hype, as much as I believe 3arc makes the better CoD games.

Elite 2.0 is also about 99% out of the question. I purchased Elite not knowing about the free version and specifically for the Clan Ops. And what do they do? Throw one out a month (approximate over time ratio to date) and I get a clan title with a p*ss-colored clan tag. Whoopy-doo.

All I have hope for is the campaign will be sweet, and zombies is always fun, but then again, I can always save $60 and play zombies on Black Ops...

Level 10

in reply to MR_OnyYX_

I want to be "sold" hype of improved online performance, connectivity, functionality. I have seen 2 years go by of being completely dishonorable mentions of the game being fixed. More people need to stand up for themselves and others and ask the Developers to address the issues stated above immediately. We have time right now. The new Forum is open. I and others like robsstang have Threads of substance that need support. His *Petition for HD Install* is very important for the sake of our consoles. He has been trying to get that done for years...at least going into the 4th now.

Activision Ambassador

Studios