What happened? Out with the old, in with the new..ouch. A story about the community.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

What happened? Out with the old, in with the new..ouch. A story about the community.

I guess my thoughts can be easily summed up by this commentary......

-JZRUxE0NegwHTWD8tg&index=1&feature=plcp

Wtf happened to the community? Its just not the same with MW3....it feels so different. Ever since MW3 came out, it has had its problems. Thing is, it wasnt like black ops, were most problems were getting fixed and we were getting constant patching up until May, when support was dropped. Many of my allies quit during MW3 because of how much rage the game caused them. Back in black ops.....damn, so many awesome memories. Matches for days. I used to play BO nearly every day, i just loved the game no matter how mad it made me sometimes. I remember clutching out Demoliton and domination matches, helping out clan members get marathon pro in CTF, having fun playing DefendTheHouse in nuketown.....in MW3, its just not the same. Most of the BO community fell apart. Its just not the same..... the clan that I took over after grom raged quit, DMC (don't tell grom I own DMC), fell apart. It had fallen apart before....it used to be called TNH until drama in the clan caused it to be torn apart. Of course, even after that, DMC was still a pretty decent clan full of great members. Its just not the same......i can't express it with words.

I mostly made the thread so you guys can see the great commentary that BumbleBii has made in the CORNER CAMPERS PODCAST CHANNEL (don't take it down foxy ).

Really great commentary....I suggest you guys go listen to it while eating cookies.

So that this thread can be on topic with MW3 somehow.....

What is your favorite song to listen to while writing threads about patches or DLC? (inside joke ftw....)

Level 33
37 REPLIES

Re: What happened? Out with the old, in with the new..ouch. A story about the community.

in reply to Padiego

Can I buy DMC for 1,000 CoD points?

Level 26

Re: What happened? Out with the old, in with the new..ouch. A story about the community.

in reply to Padiego

Community's always been pretty garbage. Just diff groups of people. The 15 year olds who all sound the same, the hispanic fags who use nooby guns, the 30 year old rednecks, the squeakers, the hackars, the copy and pasters, and the commentators. That's it, everyone's always been fighting with each other, just a bad community all together, the only thing we have in common is that we bitch about patches, and we have horrible graphics.

Level 2

in reply to Padiego

Summer of BO showed the downfall of the comminity by a lot. By August the GB community was completly sniffed out.

September the community had gotten smaller from the past months from people getting other consoles. The community was pretty bad at this point. No where near what it was by the beggining of black ops.

December of MW3 showed a rise in noobs. aka Jingle Noobs

February Showed had a increase in hackers because of the l33t predator missle.

May put the final blow by the account hopper code.

Level 2

in reply to Padiego

Maybe WII U will bring them back.

Level 30

in reply to Padiego

The Reflex days were the best when it came to communication, doing great, friendly users and stratagies, ect. People on skype were awesome and the community was pretty mature. And the hacking wasn't as bad at all. There was like no hackers for the longest time. The only hacks they could have is host only, and usually it's just infinite UAV or no recoil.

Level 18

in reply to VampWolfy

I remember back in Reflex, people use to put their phone numbers as their IGNs . I never did it, because....well rapists. My friend did though, and I met many allies like that. Also, back in Reflex, one of my irl friends actually played CoD on wii...he doesn't anymore....no one does anymore . I also was able to go underground and into the minds of hackers. Of course, reflex hackers were different than the kiddies now. Back then, they were actually NOT squeakers . But they did seem a bit hyper, which led me to believe that they inhaled a certain powder.....

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

I miss the BO r@pe squad - best gaming days EVER for me.

Oh the memories!! Like trapping Padiego in a corner on array for 3mins The many many 200-0 domination wins, the relentless dogs of fissure and penguin, the 65-1 scorelines and me keeping up with my 34 flag caps per game

Level 2

in reply to Padiego

Reflex days were definitely the best. Hacking in the game didn't really pick up until BO was about to come out. And even then you hardly ever got UAV hackers or anything. Just mostly annoying guys who kept going invisible. Good thing is you could tell that they were doing it because for some reason they had to kill themselves with a grenade once they spawned in. You hardly even got into a lobby with those guys too. Plus, the community was great. I honestly think the community was so great because we were without an in-game mic option. Less shit talking and pissing people off. People could skype of course though. But even when I skyped with my clan we were always laughing to hard and could barely focus on the game, lol. Those days were dandy.

Level 11

in reply to Padiego

You just want MW3 dead lol

Level 21

Studios