Where are you on the 5 steps of grief in relations to Elite Clan ops, and horrible DLC?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Where are you on the 5 steps of grief in relations to Elite Clan ops, and horrible DLC?

in reply to CowboySr

Sad but probably true...

Level 14
Highlighted

Re: Where are you on the 5 steps of grief in relations to Elite Clan ops, and horrible DLC?

in reply to CowboySr

I cycle through the same 5 steps, only a month later on PS3.

Clan Ops are a joke.  They have taken a good, strategic game like domination and basterdized it into a non-shooting merry-go-round of boosters running for gold.  Alternatively, because the clan-ops are open to the general public, not everyone is "in" on the capture the most flags idea, so some teams camp their flags in the traditional way and  caps become very difficult to obtain.  Normally that would be expected, but in the type of op Elite gives us, you are expected to cap and move, so traditional play blocks that effort. 

Now I am becoming indifferent to the clan-ops altogether.  If you can't have a competitive match, why bother?  I could care less about the clan tag unlocks or the extra clan XP.

Level 12

in reply to Ungrateful_Dead

I know this has been talked about in 400 other threads, but the way clan ops are set up is terrible. Instead of counting points for things that require teamwork, you really have to solo to ge the highest possible rank for the op. That is the opposite of teamwork and what a clan should be about. Brilliant.....see Im back to #2 just thinking about it dammit.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

This whole f- the hardcore player is sad...now more core only maps.

I don't think ill ever be off  #2 as far as mw3 is concerned..

Level 9

in reply to CowboySr

Missed this the first go round apparently, but Im permanently stuck at #5. I just have an air of indifference when it comes to this game. I dont play clan ops anymore as they bastardize the game modes both because of the community and the way they play and also the way ELITE set up the clan ops. As for DLC, since I cant really play the maps other than in private mode since the connections as so terrible, I cant say, since I cant make an honest assessment of any of the new maps.

Level 24

Studios