Who is the Lead Sound Designer.......

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Who is the Lead Sound Designer.......

Easy question, who designed the sound for this game?  Obviously it is not the same designer that created it for COD4 and MW2.    First there is no hitmarker sound for PS3 still after 1 month post release and after a promise of it being in the latest hotfix, it still is not there and has since been removed from the list. (This issue has been fixed after this thread was created via a hotfix)

Next issue is the Mic voice quality.  Once again 402 states that it is gonna be "improved" in January.  What does "improved" actually mean?  The chat needs to be revamped, its complete utter trash right now.  You are better off unplugging your mic and talking to yourself right now.  Who tested this?

Next issue is intermittent footsteps.  The footsteps themselves drop in and out randomly.  Once again, who tested the sound in this game?

Next issue is an issue where the sound in the headphones start to buzz.  This occurs in all 7 of my headphones that I have tried with MW3.  What happens is that while you are playing, one of your earpieces, normally the left one for me, will start buzz so loud, you think your speakers will explode.  WTF fix this or pay for my replacement equipment.

Next issue is the obnoxiously loud music levels in the game and especially the lobby.  Why are we FORCED to listen to music when we are just sitting in a lobby and wanting to chat with one another?  Sometimes we like to sit in a lobby and chat for a half hour to catch up on what is happening in one anothers lives.  Yet IW chose to go the route of Nintendo games and not give us an option to turn the music down or off.  Give us this long needed option.

So again my question is who was the Lead Sound Designer?  This person needs to be held accountable for their production or lack thereof.  Please let me know what you think, thanks for reading.

Level 36
37 REPLIES

Re: Who is the Lead Sound Designer.......Helen Keller??????

in reply to dedicatedserver

Dont know who the sound designer was, but I certainly wish they would fix the hitmarker sounds like they acknowledged. 402 did respond to someone's tweet today saying that it was still "scheduled for a future update" and "should be getting addressed." Fingers are crossed.

Level 12

in reply to coolwhhhip

I agree with pretty much everything. I can't comment about the Headphones issue as I don't use them, but if it's that bad, it needs to be addressed.

I think this once again reiterates the need for a Beta pre-release. Clearly their in-house testing just isn't cutting it.

Level 35

in reply to kastro187420

Thanks for the reply Kastro.  It happens to all of the players I game with in regards to the headphones issue. Also they all have issues with the remainder of the issues I have posted.  I have 800 dollar Sennheiser headphones that I thought I blew due to the sound in this game.  Sounds needs to be reconfigured badly.

Level 36

in reply to coolwhhhip

Thanks for the reply Coolwhip.   This was supposed to be in hotfix xxxxxx.14, but of course it is not.  The PS3 version was supposed to be IDENTICAL to the Xbox version according to 402 pre-release, but that is not the case once again.  We do not even have HD rendering, I do not even record any videos, but it should be the same for all platforms.

Level 36

He also said

"The most balanced game we ever did."

"F*ck you Last Stand."

and Mark Rubin(?) said

"You will never see someone spawn in front of you."

This game is just a clusterf*ck of false advertisement.

Level 21

in reply to davidlsofferman

Hi Davidlsofferman-  Thanks for the reply.   I completely agree.  I had faith in IW as COD4 was a great game and there were major issues within the development team during MW2, so I gave them a pass for the lack of support.  MW3 has shown me that IW no longer exists in its past form and that COD is essentially dead in terms of quality gameplay.  Treyarch is not a top tier development studio and now is probably the leading development company for COD, and that says all I need to know.  Its unfortunate since I have been a COD supporter since 2003.  Looks like I have to either find a new series or get continually lied to by subpar development studios.

Level 36

2015 is the supposed year that Respawn will launch their first FPS. Can't wait.

Level 21

Ha ha! Dedi..How you been? Now for that buzzing..I stopped with the headset the first week. Also, it will come through the TV, LOUDER. I had the ISP tech come out for maintenance and my son's mother told them about the terrible noise. The put a filter on the cable, saying it was probably caused by feedback or something somehow. They have numerous complaints.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

Hi Esmorgue-

I have been doing pretty well.  Got my 1980 camaro running at the end of fall finally
there is the video.  I havent been posting too much because of the format of the new forum on my Kindle Fire isnt the greatest, but I read daily.  Hope all is well with you and wish you and your family a happy holiday. 

Level 36

Studios