Why are people online so mean?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Why are people online so mean?

I've noticed a lot of people online are really mean, especially clans.  I don't mute them because I can't help but listen to what they say.  It's also really annoying when little kids are being @$$holes and saying they're going to hack you or call you a poopface because they think you hack.

Level 5
32 REPLIES

Re: Why are people online so mean?

in reply to Daocow123

Daocow123 wrote:

I've noticed a lot of people online are really mean, especially clans.  I don't mute them because I can't help but listen to what they say.  It's also really annoying when little kids are being @$$holes and saying they're going to hack you or call you a poopface because they think you hack.

I don't get that its like if you hack why  would that threat get to you? funny people

Well you are given kids a way to insult people (that apparently its cool to do it) without the repercussions of getting themselves in actual trouble and thats apealing to so many people..

Level 22

in reply to thepenguinz

Yeah  I agree with what penguin said here, these kids wouldn't have the nuts to say these things to people in real life, but behind the anonymity of the wii mic anything goes

Level 6

in reply to Daocow123

Just ignore them or attack back, but not with cuss words or death threats. Try to be clever and sarcastic, and stay away from the "your mom" jokes, for they are for little kids.

And if they call you a hacker when your not that's a complement, because that only means you're too good to be true

Level 21

in reply to sovietcookie

Like telling them "I bite my thumb at you!" and then laugh at how confused they are.

Level 38

in reply to padiego

That was a good one

Level 21

in reply to Daocow123

Most people are mean online because this game is catered for 10-12 year olds. 2/3 of the people that have mics are 10 years old..no joke.

Level 14

in reply to momskirbyok

Most people are mean online because this game is catered for 10-12 year olds. 2/3 of the people that have mics are 16 years old and under and shouldn't have the game in the first place or should be able to post on these forums whatsoever..no joke.

I noticed some typographical errors, and being the good samaritan I am, I fixed them for you.

Level 37

in reply to Daocow123

Well... because their balls haven't dropped so they actually have a lot to proof... and also our youth has slowly withered down into something horrible... whiny crybabies that can't think or learn.

They love games that insta-gratify them... so they play CoD. It's just sad how annoying they can get.

Level 4

in reply to Daocow123

where the h3ll are the parents???  When my son is playing, he is only 13, Im always withing an ear shot from him.  I would take the game (PS3) away in a heart beat if I caught him talking the way 95% of the other young kids are doing.

Oh and dont get me started on the game tags that Ps3 allows others to have as well. 

Waiting to see if 3ARC lets poeple create custom pics again since that gets really vulgar most of the time.  I never understood why a swastika would get a ban but a cum shot is ok.....

Level 3

Studios