i have satellite internet is this a problem getting into a team deathmatch?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

i have satellite internet is this a problem getting into a team deathmatch?

everytime i get online it will take me through the motions but i cant get a game to load butthurt!

Level 1
12 REPLIES

Re: i have satellite internet is this a problem getting into a team deathmatch?

in reply to im_forgiven

No, I don't think your Satellite Internet is the issue. I believe it's your Region, the time of day you play and the DLC's you have (having all four increases your chances of joining others). The best solution to join a game is unfortunately by disabling the DLC's.

Level 11

in reply to frats74

i havent like, downloaded any of the expansion packs/maps im new to online gameplay and i tried it out a few weeks ago on my moms internet and it worked fine however, where i live the only internet availible is satellite so i got it and i just cant seem to get in a match so i was thinking it may not be up to speed with the COD servers or somthing?

Level 1

in reply to im_forgiven

I highly doubt that it's a server issue. Are you on console or PC? Not that it matters, but based on posts on this forum PC users (on Steam) have a tougher time joining a game than console users. You're going to have to use the Search Bar because those topics are buried under other posts.

Level 11

in reply to frats74

im using a ps3

Level 1

in reply to im_forgiven

it goes like this find game>stanard playlist>team deathmatch>searching>twirling stars and thats all i get lol! and i let it do that for 20 minutes one time nothing!?

Level 1

in reply to im_forgiven

i'll even go ahead and vote on a map just out of good faith

Level 1

in reply to im_forgiven

So, your internet is Satellite and MW3 on PS3 doesn't work, but MW3 on PS3 works fine using your mom's internet connection (not Satellite).

Based on that, it just might be. Are you able to play other games online just fine with it? ie. Battlefield, Street Fighter, etc...?

If you are, then I would have to say it's an MW3 Server not being compatible with your Satellite Internet.

Level 11

in reply to frats74

yea i can play borderlands2 fine and bulletstorm ok and i just put in black ops2 and still doing the same i cant get a host

Level 1

in reply to im_forgiven

If you're able to play other multiplayer games online except BO2 then it's your Internet and the Servers. To be honest, I don't know anything about Satellite Internet. You may have to do some research on your own on what to do and I'm not sure if you'll find any answers here.

Level 11

Studios