<50ms lobby. Is this how the game should play?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

<50ms lobby. Is this how the game should play?

So I finally got into a lobby at <50ms. WOW!!   I very rarely get into one, just now I was in one. It was like no matter what I did the enemy died. I hip fired a SCAR across the map and got a kill in one shot (HCTDM). I am really not that great at this game, or any COD for that matter. For me to get more than 10 kills in a match, and I am happy. Just went 24-7 HCTDM run and gunning. Thats an all time high for me. I wish every match could be a <50ms lobby.

I think that just go to show, no matter how good or bad you are, it all depends on connection to the host. May as well throw KDR out the window. Its all about connection as to how good a player is.

Level 13
8 REPLIES

Re: <50ms lobby. Is this how the game should play?

in reply to Eye_Gore

Eye_Gore wrote:

I think that just go to show, no matter how good or bad you are, it all depends on connection to the host. May as well throw KDR out the window. Its all about connection as to how good a player is.

I think it has always been this way since the beginning of internet gaming. Bad connection = bad gaming...good connection = good gaming. Don't get me wrong...There are some players that are good regardless of connection, but connection is the biggest factor.

Level 28

in reply to jwaller123

So what you are saying is that if we have a "good gamer", but a very bad connection to host. That "good gamer" will sit in a corner because he is lagging so much he will wait for kills to come to them, is that a "good gamer" regardless of connection?

Level 13

in reply to Eye_Gore

No...Not talking about camping. They seem to know how to adjust very quickly to things..whether it be lag, game modes, others playstyles. I am not bashing on one playstyle or another, or one player compared to another. Some players just have it, while others don't.

Level 28

in reply to jwaller123

I'm still chaulking it up to connection. I think who ever has a better connection is going to do better than someone who is lagging behind them no matter what.

I see people posting all the time about shooting someone only to have them turn around and kill them in one shot. I just did it to people. I wa getting shot, even getting hit and not dying. I turn around and shoot them, dead. Even in HC they sill couldn't kill me. It just seems to be who has the better connection is going to do better.

Level 13

in reply to Eye_Gore

I will agree with you. I myself have been on both sides of that fight. I much prefer to be on the "You can't touch me" side of the fight though.

Level 28

in reply to jwaller123

I'm use to the other side, so when I crossed over I was like, whoa, what a minute. This is what it should be like?

Level 13

in reply to Eye_Gore

I am usually on the other side as well. Lol. So I feel your pain. Getting insta killed is NO FUN!!

Level 28

in reply to Eye_Gore

Eye_Gore wrote:

So I finally got into a lobby at <50ms. WOW!!   I very rarely get into one, just now I was in one. It was like no matter what I did the enemy died. I hip fired a SCAR across the map and got a kill in one shot (HCTDM). I am really not that great at this game, or any COD for that matter. For me to get more than 10 kills in a match, and I am happy. Just went 24-7 HCTDM run and gunning. Thats an all time high for me. I wish every match could be a <50ms lobby.

Thats why they should spend some of there billions on Dedicated Severs!!!!!!!!!!

Level 31

Studios