Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

Re: "Overpowered" Weapons

in reply to trialstardragon

.......dear god....

Level 20

Trialstar, did you really just say it was the player that was overpowered? Back in the Black Ops forum, we had these same arguments regarding weapons such as the Famas and Aug. I tried so hard to explain that you can't bring player skill into the argument for weapon balance because it is a random, highly variable factor.

Imagine two racecar drivers. One is a complete idiot of a driver who can't drive in a straight line, constantly runs off the road, and tends to fall asleep at the wheel. The other is an all pro, 5 time Cup Racing champion who could drive while juggling flaming bowling pins. In our hypothetical race, the first driver(hereafter called the idiot) get's a Ferarri with an autocorrecting computer system that drives the car for you and it can reach top speeds of 200 MPH. The second driver(hereafter called the Champ) gets an old car without any tires, a rusty doorknob for a steering wheel, and half of the engine itself is missing. The car can reach 3 mph with a favorable wind on its back.

The two drivers decide to race on a mile long, straight track. If you haven't figured this out, the idiot wins the race. The Champ used his car at its max capabilities and actually managed to reach 4 mph. However, he lost. The idiot managed to drive in a mostly straight line with the car taking care of the small details and he made a top speed of 200 mph.

By your logic, the idiot was overpowered because he used his car to its max capabilities, even though it was clearly the car which made him win the race. If the situation had been reversed, with the champ taking the good car, the outcome would have been far, far different. There is no amount of skill that could have made the bad car win the race, no matter how good the driver of it is.

Level 2

in reply to IAmSpur4

We can refine this a bit:

Two equally skilled drivers get get their cars.
One, the ACR, drives faster, has greater acceleration and top speed and has much faster tire changes.
The other, the AK-47, has 3% more fuel -- but they're only going to change fuel twice in the race, and the ACR consumes less fuel to boot.

Acceleration = Recoil; Lower recoil is higher acceleration
Top speed = Effective chance of killing when firing fully automatic; Time to kill

Fuel = Range.
AK47 has a marginally greater range, but ACR is better when they both deal minimum damage.

Level 28

in reply to kroolaid

lol. Closed the tab after realizing this is the same moron who said you'll get banned for Signing out/Dashboarding/XMB quit.

Level 11

in reply to DLSV2

You do realize that in Halo Reach you would get banned from playing multiplayer for 10 minutes at a time for backing out, dashboaring, siging out too often. So even though it does not happen in this game one company did try that to curtail people leaving matches.

Level 70

Is this true

Level 8

in reply to kroolaid

just watch this video:
&feature=endscreen

and the description wich deal with the main issue of the problem of thoses overpowered weapons: " The Type 95 assault rifle akimbo FMG9 machine pistols are both extremely overpowered.  These are worse than the CoD4 M16, MW2 Famas, Black Ops Famas, or World at War MP40.  The Type 95 will kill a person in 0.06 seconds and the FMG9 will kill in 0.058 seconds.  Considering that this game can have 0.20 seconds of lag compensation, most people die before even knowing that they have been shot. There is no skill or way to react or dodge these weapons.  They must be patched."

if we were all playing a LAN game with no lag compensation, ok maybe the skill can save us (maybe, because with the heal regeneration time down in MW3, we have to get use to be kill when in the others opus, skill can make us survive (straff jump, drop shot ect... ) ) but here, when every peaple with an average connection speed experiment the rage of "curving shot" when your really hide behind that wall just in time but your still dead. that's not possible!

I think theses weapons should just be remove from the game (i talk about the fmg, I don't care about striker, just give me back the same spas-12 than in MW2 and I'm cool ). there is a lot of weapons with easy access for a begginer in the game. no nead of laser death ray. because there will always be guys with high skill and experience who using this begginers weapons (or cheated weapons, how can you increase your skill when you take the habit of use that?) to make big scores, but when you want to play a fair game (no martyr, death hand, 2nd chance,no rpg or grenades launchers, you know what I mean...) and your in front of 3 or 4 guys who use fmgs (don't say take your distance, the maps in MW3 are at least "arenas" and fmg kill from very far in akimbo ) you have no chances to have fun. your at the mercy of thoses "big ratios brainless guys"

ps: sorry if my english is a no-sense, but I'm french

Level 2

in reply to kroolaid

Bullshit. This guy said that Type-95 is a challenge to use without ADS. I never, NEVER ADS with Type-95. It's too good without ADS.

And also, it's 3 round burst, with 1 shot dealing 55 damage maximum. Holy shit, more than a half of maximum health with one bullet! And you can slap Rapid Fire on it? What the fuck? The highest maximum damage non semi-auto weapon and you have Rapid Fire avaliable? This is just ridiculous!

I remember my first time I picked up the Type-95. Here's a list of what I got:

Mastodon

Highlander

My first 17 killstreak in Modern Warfare 3

All of those I've got in 5 minutes, I joined a game in progress.

I used FAMAS in MW2 a lot. It was fine. Never killed anyone with 2 bullets. Even with Stopping Power.

Level 4

in reply to kroolaid

I think that PP90M1, ACR 6.8, FMG9 Akimbos, Usas-12 and Striker are SOO overpowered. Atleast PP90 with rapid fire and ACR with kick and silencer.

Level 1

in reply to kroolaid

I think that PP90M1, ACR 6.8, FMG9 Akimbos, Usas-12 and Striker are SOO overpowered. Atleast PP90 with rapid fire and ACR with kick and silencer.

Level 1

Studios