"Overpowered" Weapons

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: "Overpowered" Weapons

in reply to Tenz0nNecK

USAS is far from OP. You have to rank it up before its worth a damn so don't be mad because you can't rank shotguns up. It takes skill to do such a thing and that's why you don't see to many people using them. Same goes for the striker. It's just a higher ROF and thats it. People are gonna have to except the fact that all weapons can't be the same. If you are getting out gunned by a shotty while using an AR or SMG, you need to figure out what you are doing wrong.

Level 19

in reply to kroolaid

Wow...

Here we go again...

Overpowered weapons:

Type-95
PP90-M1
MP7
FMG9

Type 95 kills faster than ACR even if you miss with your first 6 bullets for both weapons.
PP90-M1 is the only SMG worth using apart from MP7 or the PM-9 if you manage to use it properly.

Yes, you can use UMP, P90 and MP5 -- but you will only be at an advantage versus assault-rifle users and quickscopers:
PP90-M1 will rape you if the user of said weapon is nearly as good as you are.

Let's write down the stats, shall we?

Type 95: High damage, high rate of fire, high range, low long range damage -- burst fire disadvantage
M16: Medium damage, medium rate of fire, high range, medium long range damage -- burst fire disadvantage

ACR: Medium damage, medium rate of fire, medium-high range, medium-high long range damage

PP90M1: Medium damage, medium recoil, high rate of fire, medium range, very low long range damage
MP5: Medium damage, high recoil, medium rate of fire, medium range, low long range damage

FMG9: Medium damage, medium-high recoil, high rate of fire, medium-low range, low long range damage

Unbalanced weapons:

P90 --> Strictly better than MP5 and UMP
ACR --> Strictly better than AK47 and CM901, which only have an insignificant range advantage

Underpowered weapons:
MP5 --> Strictly inferior to most SMGs
CM901 --> Strictly inferior to most ARs

AK47 --> Strictly inferior to most ARs
M16 --> Strictly inferior to Type 95; Type 95 is better up to ~45 meters, where M16 continues killing in four hits while the Type 95 starts needing 5.

Level 28

in reply to kroolaid

A good player will beat a noob with any gun but a noob wont beat a good player even with a so called op.

I play forza and can set top 50-100 times in the world.

If I use a non lb car and do a top 100 time usually within a few days people are copying my car build. Thinking they will drive it as fast as me.

That's how cod is its full of people who think if they use the same gun maybe with same attachments they will be as good as the people they copy off.

They try other peoples class settups  usually they don't improve so they call people noobs and blame op weapons lol

And the type 95 is not op it's tricky to use.

Everyone cries about the type95 yet it's a rear gun to find in lobbies lol

Because its unreliable up close.

And takesa good aim and strategic play to do good with.

Level 8

in reply to Screwyounoob

So.

You beat someone who is 75% as good as you with a weapon that performs 50% as good as good as his?

No.

Balance is all about the ideal games where you play against people of equal or similar skill level -- something which we have not seen much of at all in the Call of Duty series.

The fact that most players suck does NOT change the FACT that some weapons are MUCH more powerful -- have much more potential -- than other weapons in the same class..
With a weapon dealing 0 damage, you'd lose every encounter you couldn't knife in.

With a weapon dealing 10 damage with a low rate of fire, you'd lose almost every encounter you couldn't dodge and trick your way out of.

Skill ONLY funnels the existing parameters in your favor:
You are useless by yourself, and you simply make good use of your weapon.

The problem is:
WHEN you use an AK47 and win against someone using the Type 95 -- you did not win because you were more skilled, but because he was NOT skilled.

For you to win, HE has to have failed to aim OR fire at you in a timely manner.

Think about that FACT for a moment:
Any encounter you win versus Type 95 with an AK47, you ONLY survived because HE screwed up.

Now imagine a good player with a Type 95.
You cannot win by doing everything PERFECTLY -- you RELY on him screwing up.

Relying on others to fail is not a very good strategy, and is the reason I advocate weapon balance.

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

Most kills are due to a failure or lack of skill by the enemy. Most of the time I kill people who are not focused on me. Or who I have the jump on that's how cod goes. My point is cod comes down to better players not better guns.

You give the best guy in cod a type 95 he will rape your team

Now give him the ak he will still rape your team.

Because he's a better more skilled more aware player

If you give 1 good guy the type95 and another good guy the ump it will still come down to who has more skill who can keep there enemy at the correct distance and out smart and out play them.

Guns can help a bit but  better players win

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to ADW1983

Also I used to watch some guy on YouTube called onlyusemeblade he only stabbed people.

That's playing really smart and shows if your clever and aware then you can win with anything. And if he's killing people with no gun lol never mind an op gun then it proves that it's the person behind the weapon.

Not the weapon itself that's op

Level 8

in reply to Screwyounoob

Screwyounoob wrote:

Also I used to watch some guy on YouTube called onlyusemeblade he only stabbed people.

That's playing really smart and shows if your clever and aware then you can win with anything. And if he's killing people with no gun lol never mind an op gun then it proves that it's the person behind the weapon.

Not the weapon itself that's op

You realise a majority of these YouTubers post only their best gameplays.

Kids idolize these YouTubers as god-like players but never know what happens behind the scenes when it comes consistency. They constantly leave matches that aren't YouTube worthy just so they get one decent gameplay & make the"YouTube money"

Someone like OnlyUseMeBlade may post some amazing gameplays but that's one out of 10-20 possible games.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

I do realise that lol

Point is it still happened he still out smarted the lobby and done them with the most under powered weapon in the lobby.

Anyway I'm done with this as its stupid my point and belief is its players who are op and make guns look good.

Guns don't make you good at cod your brain does.

All pros use the acr ect  1 kills the other, he killed him because he was better or had the jump on him. not because he used an acr lol

Now the player who killed the guy would of done so with a non op gun that's my view anyway.

There's always a better person than you out there .

Level 8

in reply to kroolaid

OVERPOWERED !!! Its not the guns . WE are !!!!

Level 7

in reply to stayfrosty70

It a combination of things that determine how well you do. You may be a good/bad player but the weapon you are using has an effects how well you do.

Level 10

Studios