"Overpowered" Weapons

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

"Overpowered" Weapons

i used to consider many guns in MW3 to be overpowered, like akimbo FMG-9s, the striker and type 95. however, i recently watched a video that does a good job of explaining otherwise:
&context=C3e09583UDOEgsToPDskLqyAgXcGy4Obh74LmC5beO

the argument was furthur strengthened when i went back and played MW2 for a little while and used the skriker there. it behaves identicaly to the striker in MW3, yet i dont remember any complaints about it in MW2.

Thoughts?

Level 1
33 REPLIES

Re: "Overpowered" Weapons

in reply to kroolaid

Was it because the striker's OPness in mw2 was outclassed by the more OP-ness of the noob tubes?

Level 17

in reply to That5What5Up

Grenade launchers have never been overpowered. Don't know hwat you're smoking.

OP: Nobody complained about the Striker because the other shotguns were actually worth using. The SPAS was deadly, the AA-12 was great, the M1014 is a well rounded shotgun but the Models were a bit meh. I still think the FMGs are OP. IW realized their mistake in MW2 with the G18s so they balanced them. Yet they forgot to apply their same logic to the FMGs

Level 61

in reply to An Oreo

So youre saying that mw2's noob tubes werent OP?  And that I'm smoking something unknown to you because I said that?  Okay man.

Level 17

in reply to That5What5Up

mw2 tubes were not overpowered the problem in mw2 was scavenger, oma and dangerclose it was far to east to resupply tubes and explosives in mw2

Level 30

in reply to machine2011

I did not include the whole statement about OMA/DC, but I figure anoreo would realize that was the gist of my post.  Unfortunately, he did not.  No harm intended, but unnecessary smoking comment.

Level 17

in reply to That5What5Up

Same principle could be applied to the striker. The striker was not op by itself, it only became op with range or damage and ext mags.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to An Oreo

the g18's are balanced?!?!?!?!?!?!?! lol go to sleep son

Level 13

in reply to kroolaid

Awesome video. That guy made excellent points and Ive been saying this sinse CoD4 days, people complain because they died not because a weapon is overpowered. They'll blame it on the weapons because thats easier to do than blaming it on a personal fault.

There really is no weapon in any CoD that I would truthfully concider overpowered. Some weapons may be a little more noob friendly or easier to use but in order for them to be overpowered you must be able to destroy anyone from any distance with minimal effort and thats just not the case.

The Black Ops FAMAS was the closest gun to being overpowered in any CoD game and even that wasnt even that bad. There were 2-3 other guns that were statistically just as good such as the AUG and Stoner and if people want to complain about the FAMAS winning at close range against SMG thats because the SMGs could have used a buff. There were many including myself who hated the FAMAS merely because its rapid fire capabilities forced people to play like noobs, while the AK47 and Commando allowed players to play more professionally and shoot more accurately without wasting loads of ammo.

Anyways, good video!

Level 33

in reply to kroolaid

I love that video because it hits the nail right on the head about the so called OP weapons in this game.

There are no OP weapons in this game, just OP players using the weapon how it was can be used at its maxium effective capabilities.

Level 70

Studios