trophy vs portable

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

trophy vs portable

Why is it that you can toss a portable radar but must deploy the trophy system. I feel like it should be the opposite.

I wish I could toss my trophy system onto a flag before I go try to cap it.  I often get flashed, tubed, or naded before i can get it down. Very frustrating. It would be nice to toss it out in front of where I am going so it will stop the projectiles before they reach me

The portable radar is highly effective and IMO should not be so easily hidden. Tossing it onto a box, rooftop, or into a window is just lame. I believe that you should need to set it down like a trophy.

I do hate the portable radar and wish it was not in the game to begin with but that's not going to change. I am just curious what you guys think about this.

Level 18
45 REPLIES

Re: trophy vs portable

in reply to brsox

i love the radar, its the only peice of tactical equipment i use. i gave up using flash grenades, never really cared for the trophy system( takes to long to set up). my setup is, KSG 12, RPG-7, extreme conditioning, blast shield. dead silence, with the PR (portable radar) and C4, and i OWN

Level 3

in reply to DazedHigh

your the reson assassin is a necessity. the portable radar is rediculous it has twice as much range as the jammer and deployes faster. plus it can be thrown places it will never be found and it works for the whole team. do u actually expect to not do good with it when playing against guys without assassin.if u somehow lose while using this equipment your horrible.

Level 6

in reply to infamy96797

infamy96797 wrote:

your the reson assassin is a necessity.

Heaven forbid the UAV causes it to be a necessity........oh wait it does. More so then radars.

Level 43

in reply to Rednecksniper39

at least i can shoot down uavs and they only last 30 seconds. people throw portable radars on roof tops. even with sitrep its impossible to desroy or even stun them.

Level 6

in reply to infamy96797

As you mentioned, sometimes it is impossible to disable or destroy the portable radar. This is complete BS. It is way too effective (and cheap) as a piece of equipment to be that way. As I said before...I wish the PR was not in the game at all but thats not going to change.

Level 18

in reply to brsox

They disapear when the guy dies.

Level 5

in reply to infamy96797

EMP Nade - Nuff Said

Level 7

in reply to AsmodeousNZ87

still need assassin to get close to it so u cant be seen and u need sitrep to find it

Level 6

in reply to brsox

Doesn't Quickdraw pro shave some time off setting up a trophy system?

Level 4

Studios