Anti Aliasing Is Very Blurry and Voice Chat Doesn't Work

Call of Duty Modern Warfare PC

I am playing the PC Beta maxed out in 1440p with motion blur and grain turned off. My issue is no matter which AA setting I pick, it makes the game super blurry to the point where details are hard to see. Things are sharp without AA and that's how I'm currently running it but the jaggies are everywhere and some shadows seem fuzzy, ie aiming down sights and puddles. Why is a AAA title having blurry, foggy, muddy AA options if an indie game like Insurgency Sandstorm can have AA that doesn't blur the image at all and does the job of removing jagged edges on objects? I see no excuse for the billion dollar company who makes COD titles every year. Hopefully this get fixed but I shouldn't have a blurry image when maxing the settings out to their highest fidelity. I'm 99.999% sure my hardware isn't the issue either. 

2080Ti FTW3, 9900k, 32gb Ram (DDR4 3200) @1440p 120hz

I will add that the game runs flawlessly and I am very please with the optimization, I'm getting 120 fps 99% of the time. It's wonderful.

The option to cap the frame limit in the menus doesn't work. I have been trying to cap it at 117 (3 below my monitors refresh rate for the sake of GSYNC) but no matter what I try, ingame is 120. Not a huge deal since this is beta. The blurry AA is a huge deal in my opinion, hoping the Devs read this. 

As for the ingame voice chat, it is not working for me. Players can hear me but I can not hear them. Just shows the icon for when they are talking and I have confirmed by them jumping up and down and notioning yes ingame that they can hear me, but I can not hear any of them. 

Thanks

DirtyDan#4377293
6 REPLIES 6

bump

DirtyDan#4377293

Yeah! Looks ugly! Bump

QueckSilber

If you're looking to cap your in-game FPS, I can reccomend the NVIDIA Inspector Program, which is essentially a jacked-up version of the NVIDIA Control Panel for individual applications.

As for players hearing you, i'd have to guess that your Modern Warfare application isn't recieving microphone priviliges for some reason, as you've said that your mic works elsewhere. I'd either reset your microphone settings on Windows or specifically give the Modern Warfare .exe permission to use such.

Corellia#2317406

How would I give the .exe permission? When the game initially booted up it asked to give permissions and I clicked ok. 

DirtyDan#4377293

Fun thing about in-game VOIP on PC:

The game defaults to output incoming voice comms to your monitor speakers.  At least, that's what it's been doing for me.  If you can't hear your teammates talking to you, that might be the reason why.  As for a solution, the in-game menu doesn't allow for choosing output device, so I've got nothing.

Der_Erlkonig
Highlighted

They need to add a sharpening filter. The game runs in DX12 and reshade doesn't support DX12 games.

DigitalMenace

Studios