Freezes near end match or after match is completed - Workaround

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare PC

Game randomly freezes to where the process has to be ended in task manager.

• Gunfight and quickplay matches.
  • Usually after the match is completed.
  • Sometimes a few rounds into the match.
  • Not consistent.

Latest Nvidia drivers.

Fun game though.

D126633
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

100% of the issue is when Texture resolution is set to High. Run it on Normal

Once Texture resolution was Normal, no freezing then crashing.

Turned up each setting mentioned below and played a few matches in a process of elimination, no problems until texure resolution.

===============================

I think I found the issue and workaround. I was able to play a lot of matches and no freezing then crashing so far.

Instead I get a momentary freeze,pause when fragged and spawning but no crashing. Same with end game. Where ever there is a pause, that would have been a crash.

Its most likely either the Texture resolution setting or the AA T2X setting, I'll do a process of elimination.

High end pc 9700k and 2080ti, running everything max.

Orginal config:

• 1440p
  • Resolution scale 100
  • Texture resolution High
  • SMAA T2X
  • Particle Quality High
  • Every other setting maxed

==================================

Stable config - settings changed that made the game stable

• 1440p
  • Resolutions scale 150 (4k) resolution scale doe not seem to cause instability, you should be able to run any resolution scale.
  • Texture resolution Normal  - Running this setting on High could be the issue,
  • Filmic SMAA 1x -  Running this setting  any T2X, could be the issue.
  • Particle Quality - unlikely the cause, will rule it out

*Opted for 150 resolution scale, since running normal textures and SMAA 1x ( It looks super sharp)

D126633
10 REPLIES 10

Having similar experiences, game freezes, sometimes requiring a PC restart. 

Latest Nvidia drivers as well.

Iron#9762960

Recorded a match which was going very well until near the end when the game froze, my pc needed to be restarted.

Iron#9762960

i had 1 freeze that i had to reboot my pc and i often have random freezes where the game stop for like 1-2 sec then comeback

Deathstrokedt

Restarting did not fix anything for me.

The previous fix of adding an exception to windows exploit protection, is not working. Removed it.

D126633

It may have to do with crossplay matches. Or just a server side host issue.

D126633

100% of the issue is when Texture resolution is set to High. Run it on Normal

Once Texture resolution was Normal, no freezing then crashing.

Turned up each setting mentioned below and played a few matches in a process of elimination, no problems until texure resolution.

===============================

I think I found the issue and workaround. I was able to play a lot of matches and no freezing then crashing so far.

Instead I get a momentary freeze,pause when fragged and spawning but no crashing. Same with end game. Where ever there is a pause, that would have been a crash.

Its most likely either the Texture resolution setting or the AA T2X setting, I'll do a process of elimination.

High end pc 9700k and 2080ti, running everything max.

Orginal config:

• 1440p
  • Resolution scale 100
  • Texture resolution High
  • SMAA T2X
  • Particle Quality High

==================================

Stable config - settings changed that made the game stable

• 1440p
  • Resolutions scale 150 (4k) resolution scale doe not seem to cause instability, you should be able to run any resolution scale.
  • Texture resolution Normal  - Running this setting on High could be the issue,
  • Filmic SMAA 1x -  Running this setting  any T2X, could be the issue.
  • Particle Quality - unlikely the cause, will rule it out

*Opted for 150 resolution scale, since running normal textures and SMAA 1x ( It looks super sharp)

D126633

I've tried all the solutions you've suggested, it seemed to work at first but now it seems like the game freezes more often. My PC specs are identicle to what you've posted so far, not sure about other components, but yeah I just want to be able to play! D:

Iron#9762960

I still get freezes or pauses, but they are only on a death or spawn, so when not actually playing or being able to control the character. 

For me, It does not freeze and become unplayable anymore, with setting texture resolution set to Normal instead of High.

Your system; you may need to lower other settings.  Either way this is only a workaround to play the beta, because Activision needs to address the issue with the freezing in MW before release.

D126633
Highlighted

Game still unplayable.  Gets stuck with black screen requiring a restart through task manager every time!  Thank goodness for SSDs.  Do they offer a refund if game doesn't work?   I wanna buy the game but if it doesn't work I want a refund.

Raymond Mendoza
radicalrey#7826809

Studios