Game is unplayable, immediately crashes from bnet launcher

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare PC

Highlighted

I've played this game for a total of maybe 4 hours. I was able to get into it twice so far. All the other time, I press Play in the Battle.net launcher, it attempts to open and immediately crashes. I haven't seen anyone else having this issue anywhere.. Is there anyone here having it? I have windows 10, i7-9700k, RTX 2060, most recent nvidia drivers, etc. Tried reinstalling the game, repairing it, reinstalling nvidia drivers, nothing works. Current state I cannot even get into the menus or the updating screen. Does anyone know any kind of fix or something I could check for this?

Desorex
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just make sure you have a large enough page file, my systems is set to 16 GB of page file.

COD and BOPs have always been notorious for this.

Also make sure, if your running AV that its on an safe list.

D126633
23 REPLIES 23

Same issue here, most I got was into the infinity ward loading screen (1st one) then crashes to desktop.

Utterly ridiculous.

Latest drivers etc same.

TehPsychedelic#9270932
That's unfortunate man I'm sorry.. It makes me happy to hear someone else having the same issue finally.. but sad that it's happening. I preordered this game solely to play the beta to check it out for friends but haven't been able to. I realize it's a beta and expected issues but at this point I haven't really been even able to try it apart from the two small times I got in.
Desorex

Same

ExoticPanther#2382425

I have the same issue, although I have never been able to actually get into a game.

bippy#1597193

I tried loading the EXE directly with admin priviledges and got Dev Error 1121 or something like that, then other times crashes, then other times loads infinity ward screen and crashes. Sometimes it loads fullscreen sometimes windowed. Don't know where logs are stored.

May be a beta (a wrong 2019 name for pre-release demo) but this is basically an error on early stages of an engine, not that of a game that is launching in a month or two.

Wonder if it has something to do with Battle.Net, think we can also download it on steam? But I ain't certainly downloading 50 GB again just to try.

TehPsychedelic#9270932

Error 5761 haven't been able to get in the game yet. started on the 19th... reinstalled launcher and game several times and have now increased page size to 16gb but still no good... very frustrating

ScruffyOAP

i have code 5761 running with latest drivers and windows, 2080ti 9900k. played some games rank 20 now and here comes the code 5761 again, i really want COD can public the error code meaning.

qaqnmsl

Just make sure you have a large enough page file, my systems is set to 16 GB of page file.

COD and BOPs have always been notorious for this.

Also make sure, if your running AV that its on an safe list.

D126633

I raised my page file, actually created 2 separate ones on different drives, restarted my computer, and my game is now launching. I will keep everyone updated on if it continues to work, or if it's a fluke from the computer restart!

Desorex

Studios