Game is unplayable, immediately crashes from bnet launcher

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare PC

I have 32GB pagefile on main (system) drive and set 16 aside on the drive where game is installed. Same. Nothing changed. Restarted of course.

TehPsychedelic#9270932

I recommended you have atleast the same amount of page file as your system ram. There are recommended configurations of x2 and x3 of system ram, so 64 GB page file, and 96GB. 

With 32 Gb I would do a minimum of 24 GB, although recommend 32GB page file. There is science to it, but to keep it simple for a home system this should work.

Staticilly set your page file, do not do the percentage threshold, because when windows allocates and increases the page file memory, it can cause issues, and data loss and it might not allocate fast enough for the program or game.

Also if you try to move your c: parition page file to another drive it can also cause issues and data loss.

Make sure MW is on any AV safelist also.

D126633

And how to do that?

Cronix#9177085

Its not a pagefile issue. Its a windows update issue. Make sure youre on the latest windows 10 1903 and have the latest .Net Framework installed and it should launch with no problems

Stockton

Already told them to make sure their .net was up to date.

D126633

What does that mean? Or how do you change that?

Nojoeshmo

Anyone know how to remove a solution from a thread? It has started crashing again upon launch Smiley Sad Looks like it was just a biproduct of the computer restart.

Desorex
Highlighted

Doesn't matter anyway, 24 hours later and several threads about the same topic, no solution, no official word about it. 

TehPsychedelic#9270932

There maybe some other issues on your system and misconfigurations. If the the game doesn't even launch.

Your page file sounds like it was misconfigured and still is.

What I'm saying is; its your system and not MW, there are issues with freezing, stuttering in game, but the game not lauching is your system 100%.

You added 2 page files, on each drive, I would not recommend that, see the other post in this thread,

For COD same amount of page file as the system mem on the c: partition only,  set it staticly 16 GB, meaning choose custom.

C: drive: Custom ( for 16Gb)

Initial: 16384 (MB)

Maxium 16384 (MB

Verify the MW files in battelnet.

Make sure your .net or dotnet is up to date, there were recent windows updates that had .net updates. MW might have dependencies on these.

If its still crashing use event viewer  after these steps( type 'event' in windows search)

go to > windows logs> applications.   And look for an event error with MW.exe It will tell you whats crashing MW.

• Other things that cause instablilty, OC'd cpu overheating, graphics card OCing.
  • Graphics driver corruption, use DDU
  • viruses
  • Bad ram and weak or bad power supply.

Good luck everyone.

D126633
Devs don't even know what's going on. Also calling it "an issue with your system 100%" is a bit pedantic. Some of us having this issue are not twitch streamers googling a manual to turn on a PC. I'm sure we all updated to latest everything and game simply won't work because it has a bug, unlike the other hundred games that have already ran on our rig just fine and dandy.
Which is fine since it's a free beta, but 1 month ahead of launch goes to show the quality of the product they are pulling off.

Here's the reddit thread
https://old.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d7h64z/pc_crashing_in_the_modern_warfare_beta/
TehPsychedelic#9270932

Studios