Few questions before purchasing

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Xbox One

Highlighted

I'm new with Call of Duty, though I played CoD MW remastered version recently. I prefer to play solo but every now and then I'll join a public group and play against others. I have an Xbox one.

1. Does this game have a campaign mode?

2. Is this game open world?

3. Does it require an internet connection to play campaign/single mode?

4. I'm also considering buying a previous version as this game could have a number of bugs requiring a few months to resolve. If my previous CoD game was CoD MW (remastered version) what would be a previous CoD game which is equivalent to this? I thought it maybe infinite warfare but the reviews are too bad and then I thought WW2 but I don't like the "olden" days vibe a lot.

Thanks in advance

Ghost#3707582
3 REPLIES 3

1. Does this game have a campaign mode? Yes

2. Is this game open world? Campagin - No, but there are rumors of battle royal eventually being added in a year

3. Does it require an internet connection to play campaign/single mode? No

4. I'm also considering buying a previous version as this game could have a number of bugs requiring a few months to resolve. If my previous CoD game was CoD MW (remastered version) what would be a previous CoD game which is equivalent to this? I thought it maybe infinite warfare but the reviews are too bad and then I thought WW2 but I don't like the "olden" days vibe a lot. Black Ops 4 was the last release.  The COD closest to MW would be Modern Warfare 3, otherwise Modern Warfare 2.

Looking for a large COD group for day one release, join our RHI discord channel

Red Hour Infantry Discord

FUSIONCHA0S#4825568
Would you agree BO4 is more multi player rather than solo and doesn't have a campaign? I also saw a video stating it's almost dead especially with the new CoD being released?

MW3 - I'm assuming this is a very old version? As far as I can tell this was for Xbox 360.
Ghost#3707582

Yes, BO4 is multiplayer only, there is no campaign.  I was trying to play some BO4 on pc this last weekend.  I was unable to find a match in team deathmatch.  I was only able to get in quickly via the 2XP playlists.  I did not have the DLC, so my guess is that a lot of the dlc maps are being focused more during searches.

MW3 came out for xbox 360.  You can still play it on PC and xbox one. 

Looking for a large COD group for day one release, join our RHI discord channel

Red Hour Infantry Discord

FUSIONCHA0S#4825568

Studios