HIgh Speed internet issue; have a Theory: might need it checked

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Playstation 4

I may have been looking at the internet issue all wrong.

Thinking it was the other players lagging with a lot of us using 1Gb transfer. But, is it possible that these high speed internet systems could be overloading the gaming consel.... with to much information... Because everything is updating at a seconds notice, could this interupt smoothness and allow a back log with all the sounds and images being pushing through; That there needs to be a hierarchy of information in the packet system... this way the things that drop off are not the sound and players, but irrelevent shots fired or other things to far away to matter.

Thought about this while playing groundwar and getting kicked from server, because the game crashes one out of 3 or 4 games...

Thinking the system my need to be reigned in a little almost like the mini map is you view point around you. I am thinking the area you are working through may need to have that same hierarchy of information set to a smaller area around the player, maybe instead of the whole map...maybe half the distance, through this may cause issue with snipers. Thinking this might need to be looked into... and adjusted as needed...

aa7Cake#8140623
3 REPLIES 3

I'm no gaming or network expert but if I understand you correctly you're saying because you have a high speed connection, the system may be getting overloaded by pushing too much game info through (e.g. sounds, bullet hits etc.) ... ? 

As long as you've the recommendd connection speed or above, the game won't try to pass any 'extra' data through ... whether your'e on a 1gb connection or a 20mb connection, the data passed through should be the same ... your lag is probably not due to your connection

ed_box

Not sure of that seeing last night my friend and I teamed up; We noticed that the kilobits each of us could receive were different by a large amount... where his was 1 million plus kbps, mine were 4 million plus Kbps.... and depending on how much is going on in any given game from people talking, to gameplay, feed back loops. This could all be a very large over load...

aa7Cake#8140623

As said, I'm no expert n gaming or network practices. That said, why would a player with a 1gb connection have more gaming data (overloading the system, causing lag) than someone with 100mb connection? Even if all 12/32 players started shouting down their mics at the same time, how would that overload the system? Presumably the game's data being passed is the same whether you're on 5mb, 20mb, 100mb or 1gb connection ... ?

EDIT : the 1gb connection shouldn't be an issue .... whether you have 32 players in 1 room, all firing, all shouting down mics etc. why would his connection negatively impact him?

ed_box

Studios