What is your strategy to combat hackers in the multiplayer mode%3F

Call of Duty Modern Warfare General Discussion

As per normal, all good multiplayer games, there will be hacking in multiplayer mode. I would just like to know what is your posture in combating hackers? In my part of the world I antiscipate the country with the largest population will wreck havoc in PC multiplayer as soon as you launch. Please share your strategy so we loyalist will feel confident in pre ordering accordingly. Thank you.

underbred
39 REPLIES 39

Buy it on console.

xcrgaming
You wish! 👍
underbred

If PC players Hack their game against consoles... cross platform will die in this game.  Consoles won't play with PC users!!

Hacking on a console is pretty impossible.

redknightsoh5
Highlighted

Thing is it's now part of the game as far as crossplay goes. Since it's input based, console can't get out of playing against a PC user if they are using a controller.

Harpergaming

That's true.  Then I assume if I'm on a PS4 with a hand controller... and the PC player is also using a hand controller, in a room with him in a game... then I'm at the mercy of all the hacks the PC player is using in our game together.  Sucks to be me. Then I also assume, all the other PS4 players, in this room, are also getting hacked by these PC players.  If that's also true... why would PS4 players even enter a room with any PC players?

Then the solution to this PC hacking problem... is for MW to provide "RENTED" Custom User Private Servers... so the PS4 players, can lock out all PC players from our private Clan games. Or have the ability to kick out and BAN any cheating PC players.  Harsh... but what's the option? Cross Play would be broken.

redknightsoh5

All they'd be able to really use is ESP. COD came down on the major cheat providers earlier in the year, and they stopped proving them. Hard to find now adays.

Harpergaming

Personally I think they should have kept PC separate and just done cross platform between Xbox and PS4. 

Unless they can keep on top of the PC hackers with some anti cheat clients than I can see this being a big big problem.

Dante2k Level 75
Maybe they know that the PCs have a hack problem and want to spread the love! Might as well alienate all platforms and run away with the money with no accountability 😏
underbred

@redknightsoh5  schrieb:

If PC players Hack their game against consoles... cross platform will die in this game.  Consoles won't play with PC users!!

Hacking on a console is pretty impossible.

This ^.

Horrorman Level 75

Studios