Clan Issues and Fixes

Ghosts Clans Discussions

DTFwood wrote:

This is by far the worst idea moving clans to an application.  Nothing works!  I keep clicking leave clan and it says that I am no longer apart of it, yet I check and I still am.  I can't create a clan because every name I enter is unauthorized. Not to mention the create a clan on xbox is locked (may be because even though I have left my clan 50 times, I am still in it).  Whoever created this wasn't thinking.  There isn't even a "leave clan" option in clan details.  Why wouldn't they just put out clans on the xbox and slowly integrate the app to work out the bugs?!? Sorry for the rant, just think this is insane

Lots of people are having these issues with leaving clans and being part of multiple clans (see #17).  The unauthorized issue is #16. The Create a clan option being locked is purely because it is seeing you as being in a clan. There is a way to leave your clan in game (press Y for friends hit that and hit right until it shows you in your clan tab, highlight yourself then hit A and select leave clan). Not all functionality to manage your clan is in the xbox so that wasn't a good solution either. Instead, they probably should have had a website that worked for a much larger portion of the community and then work through the app as desired.

LifeSong1

My clan invites are still showing up "locked". Im not a clan leader considering it won't let me invite people into a clan.. so it should be unlocked. I've been in the party with the clan leader who invited me to the team which already has a couple people on it. He says that it will not allow him to invite again due to there being an already pending invite.... I have also tried signing into the Call of Duty App on two separate devices neither one of them have worked. Ill sign in with my account information it will act like it is going to take me to where i can see all my information, then it redirects me to a screen and says "Player your first multiplayer match" I have done this multiple times and played many matches online... Any suggestions? I have attempted what the steps you provided but none have worked... I have also tweeted at @ATVIAssist and have gotten no response.. There needs to be a pack for both the game and the app... Not happy with my experience with ghost so far....

Jhurlock

Jhurlock wrote:

My clan invites are still showing up "locked". Im not a clan leader considering it won't let me invite people into a clan.. so it should be unlocked. I've been in the party with the clan leader who invited me to the team which already has a couple people on it. He says that it will not allow him to invite again due to there being an already pending invite.... I have also tried signing into the Call of Duty App on two separate devices neither one of them have worked. Ill sign in with my account information it will act like it is going to take me to where i can see all my information, then it redirects me to a screen and says "Player your first multiplayer match" I have done this multiple times and played many matches online... Any suggestions? I have attempted what the steps you provided but none have worked... I have also tweeted at @ATVIAssist and have gotten no response.. There needs to be a pack for both the game and the app... Not happy with my experience with ghost so far....

I feel for you. Elite was extremely buggy and a very frustrating experience. I had hopes that Ghosts Clans would be better but there's just as many if not more bugs in this one all without having a good website. Their communication with the community is pretty much non-existent aside from confirming there is a bug. A representative here in the forums might even be a nice thing or even a proper and clear way to get support...none of which exist. Beachhead should NOT be running the clan functionality IMO. They have proven over the last 2 games and now this one that they aren't cut out for it (IMO).

LifeSong1

So I was the owner of a clan and then i gave the ownership to one of my friends and I had joined another clan in-game (without pressing any "Leave clan" options) I had joined the clan and I wanted to join my first clan again, but it wont let me. It says that I am still in my first and second clan. When I go to the CoD Ghost app, it says im in the second clan, and i try to leave but it always says "You are not in the clan" I tried to make another clan in-game. and it said that I had successfully made the clan but i could not go to clan details. and It said that I could still make another clan. Please someone help me.

HeyItsABlackGuy

HeyItsABlackGuy wrote:

So I was the owner of a clan and then i gave the ownership to one of my friends and I had joined another clan in-game (without pressing any "Leave clan" options) I had joined the clan and I wanted to join my first clan again, but it wont let me. It says that I am still in my first and second clan. When I go to the CoD Ghost app, it says im in the second clan, and i try to leave but it always says "You are not in the clan" I tried to make another clan in-game. and it said that I had successfully made the clan but i could not go to clan details. and It said that I could still make another clan. Please someone help me.

Unfortunately it sounds like you are in the clan purgatory along with many others. There is no solution to this and it is a known issue. See #17. Good luck and I wish you lots of patience as you may just need them.

LifeSong1

Hey LifeSong1, seeing as you're "only a gamer" and not an admin of any kind, thx for taking so much of your time to help out us others. Much appreciated.

We are a PC clan, having similar problems to others here. So far, most is going ok, but we also have a player in "limbo". He's accepted the clan invite and that option is now locked for him, as it should be. However, our "clan members" is listing one more player than showing in the clan list (friends->recent players->clan). I kicked him from the clan, went all the way back to the main menu, then to barracks. It showed the same number of members as listed in the names. Because of a language problem, I used TeamViewer to log into his PC, went to callofduty website, got him to log in, checked the account was linked to steam instead of PS or Xbox, and it was. Invited him back to the clan and same problem. 1 member more under "clan members" than shown on the roster, in game on PC. On the app, he's listed in the roster (that's how I kicked him first time). Now I kicked him again, but won't send another invite until we can find out what's going on.

After we got the clan to level 5, we made our clan tag (3 letters), motto and emblem via app on Iphone. The tags don't show up in normal game play, 2 days later. Any ideas? I haven't played any 4v4 for a while. Should the clan tags show in normal multiplayer, or just in 4vs4 and clan wars, after it's launched on the 25th?

Thanks for any reply

Unbound2aim

Unbound2aim wrote:

Hey LifeSong1, seeing as you're "only a gamer" and not an admin of any kind, thx for taking so much of your time to help out us others. Much appreciated.

We are a PC clan, having similar problems to others here. So far, most is going ok, but we also have a player in "limbo". He's accepted the clan invite and that option is now locked for him, as it should be. However, our "clan members" is listing one more player than showing in the clan list (friends->recent players->clan). I kicked him from the clan, went all the way back to the main menu, then to barracks. It showed the same number of members as listed in the names. Because of a language problem, I used TeamViewer to log into his PC, went to callofduty website, got him to log in, checked the account was linked to steam instead of PS or Xbox, and it was. Invited him back to the clan and same problem. 1 member more under "clan members" than shown on the roster, in game on PC. On the app, he's listed in the roster (that's how I kicked him first time). Now I kicked him again, but won't send another invite until we can find out what's going on.

After we got the clan to level 5, we made our clan tag (3 letters), motto and emblem via app on Iphone. The tags don't show up in normal game play, 2 days later. Any ideas? I haven't played any 4v4 for a while. Should the clan tags show in normal multiplayer, or just in 4vs4 and clan wars, after it's launched on the 25th?

Thanks for any reply

It's my pleasure to help. I want the game and Clan functionality to be successful. I'm as frustrated as some of you (maybe not quite as frustrated as my clan is running smoothly) but I see the potential for the Clan functionality and then I see how badly they have screwed it up and I am very disappointed in them.

Your member that is stuck in Clan Purgatory is out of luck at the moment. He is going to have to wait till someone finds a workaround or until Beachhead fixes it. Not sure why your clan tag isn't appearing. Mine showed up shortly after I set it up (within 10 minutes). The tags will show up in all multiplayer menus. The actual clan tag will have brackets around it whereas the custom one will not have the brackets.

Good luck with your clan.

LifeSong1

Have a Clan, sorted everything out but it does not register in game, it says not part of a clan so every thing is locked out including patch for purchasing app! any help/advice would be greatful! i have tried deleting app and reinstalling a few times with no luck!

trev2251

trev225 wrote:

Have a Clan, sorted everything out but it does not register in game, it says not part of a clan so every thing is locked out including patch for purchasing app! any help/advice would be greatful! i have tried deleting app and reinstalling a few times with no luck!

Were you in a clan previously? It sounds like you are stuck in the same spot as many other clan members where one thing is saying you're in a clan and the other is not. See #17. Hope they fix this soon for your sake.

LifeSong1

I have the problem that i became an error when i will take my clantag FAG

the error message is:

clans.error.dirty_tag

what does it means and how can it be fixed because we are named "Fun Arena Germany" and so we want to take our clantag and not anything else.

Viper-01

Studios