Clan War was decided in the first six hours...

Ghosts Clans Discussions

My clan is in platinum division with about 20 people. We won the first clan war by a landslide due to lack of participation on the other teams but this clan war we have no chance due to the fact the leading clan swept the board early on and got all the big points for being the first to cap. They had 100cp with a few hours making it almost impossible to catch up only receiving  2-4 cp for taking over a node after the first grab. How is it fair that the initial cap takes less wins to take a node but pays out 4 times the cp?

BISHOPNC
9 REPLIES 9

don't forget that if you have a job and cant sit on your ass all day like some ppl do you cant even get close to winning. they made it so the ppl who have jobs cant even play and win at all. same thing is happening to my clan in our division right now.

driller5

My clan is in the platinum division as well and we jumped out to an early demanding lead. I feel bad for the clans that are trying to catch up, because they almost have no chance. Right now we have 183 Cp and closet to us has 92. You don’t get enough points for holding a node as for capturing them, so in my opinion there is no point in holding one. Also I don’t even know if we got any points for holding a node. Big problem I see with this is that if my clan and one other are the only two fighting to win the war, what is the point in us capturing anymore nodes if we’re up and they have all the nodes. You don’t get enough points, if any, for holding a node. So we just let them have it and they can’t catch up. 

hotshot006

yea, and then once they get out to a lead so far you have no way to catch up if your not online playing with your clan all the time. its so hard to win nodes back when you have a job and work 5-6 days a week.

i mean i try as best as i can and there is not even a chance for winning the war but were working atleast to be in the top 3

driller5

I Agree with u on this my clan is having the same problem if ur on Xbox 360 contact me maybe we can bounce ideas as to what to do to better ourselves for the future Thanx my gt is ScoutSynp3r m24

lrsdscout

Nodes are still worth 10 CP, (29 for dom) for us after a few days. I will agree it was decided in the first day though.

canadac4
Highlighted

I've already had this discussion with beachhead , currently our clan is now 150 something points ahead of the 2nd placed clan (we were about 170 ) and any nodes we lose (because we want them to be to taken) means when we recap them we increase our lead. After our first night with only 4 us playing we had nearly 100 point lead on the other clans because we knew which nodes to go for. Add to that the other clans in our war stupidly wasted days getting getting tdm and dom for 10 points <-- i lulzed as we knew thats what they would pay out

The scoring in clan wars is majorly flawed it's another beachhead oversight as its mathematically possible ( if you understand how the scoring works ) to, as the op stated win the clan war in the first evening/day/ few hours .

Beachhead really need to rethink the way scoring works in clan wars , and how they run clan wars as as its going it will turn quickly into another fail like clan ops and challenges were in elite . (that was another thing they never got right).

In respect to beachhead they ARE actually listening to feedback this time albeit in typical beachhead fashion by giving us cp for holding nodes which is so low it makes absolutely no difference to the scoreboards.

Maccabi Level 75

i asked the same question about how to catch up when your down by 70 pts and only gaining 2-4 points per capture.

the moderator told me that is part of your team strategy. to figure out how to hold and score, then it was locked.

not sure about everyone, but my strategy is play, capture 4 points, go to bed, and then work all day. so i'm not sure how your supposed come up with a game strategy here. plain stupid if you ask me

GOBEARS3477

GOBEARS3477 wrote:

i asked the same question about how to catch up when your down by 70 pts and only gaining 2-4 points per capture.

the moderator told me that is part of your team strategy. to figure out how to hold and score, then it was locked.

not sure about everyone, but my strategy is play, capture 4 points, go to bed, and then work all day. so i'm not sure how your supposed come up with a game strategy here. plain stupid if you ask me

trust me on this if unless you cap certain nodes first it is next to impossible to win a clan war because beachhead are too stubborn to accept their system is blatantly flawed even though it has been explained to them numerous times.

There is no point holding nodes, you get MORE cp letting them be taken and taking them back than holding them, the ONLY time you will get more for holding is once the node has been taken between 7-9 times due to the way beachhead screwed up the scoring for retaking nodes.

Its exactly the same backwards thinking that screwed playing dom in clan ops in elite.. the only way to win was to let other clans cap and then cap back.

If they dont address this at the end of this clan war people will quickly lose interest as along with the other issues off adding clan members, the dumb way they match clans ect its becoming more apparent this isnt the fun mode alot of people were hoping for

Maccabi Level 75

It will get easier as you go,  till you hit the diamond division.  The 4-6 day non-stop wars are such a pain in the butt!  But they do them to wen out the competitive clans from the every day gamer clans.  After a few more wars, the clans with small amounts of memeber's depending on what level you are at gold, silver, platinum...etc  Should be more laid back and fun,  rather having to play diehard clans that each member can put in 5+ hours per day.  Once you get good enough to move up to the diamond division the wars are way more fun and less time consuming. 4 hours sat with a cease fire inbetween and then 4 hours on sun.  They do the 4-6 day wars so that way everyone has a chance to play all over the world. These past two wars are filled with diehard clans who will be starting to move up into diamond, so you wont be paired with my them.  My clan will be moving up after this war ends to diamond.  I have 5 members with each member bringing something great to the table.  If you are serious about clan wars,  cut the clan size down to the member who you can count on the most and will put in the time needed to be effective.   Hope this helps a bit and maybe someday we will see you on the battlefield, thanks B    TPBG 

Da_Vinci_B

Studios