Please give 1-3rd win credit in Antarctica due to app delays

Ghosts Clans Discussions

There won't be any special dispensation in awarding wins from the Antarctica clan war as the maintenance period with the app affected everyone rather than one particular group. We've tallied all the results from the period we took the app down and all wins were definitely tracked during that time - it may not appear that way however simply because when the scoring caught up it was applying wins from all the clans in the Clan War at the same time.

Obviously it was not desirable to take the app out of service during the Clan War and it is something we try to avoid whenever possible, but this was necessary.

The reason ranks 1-3 were awarded a win in London was because the matchmaking error affected the result of the Clan War more for some clans than others so it was felt the only fair thing to do was reward more clans. Since there was no advantage conferred to one group over another in Antarctica, the same thing is not felt to be needed.

samprotagonist

Directing this message to the person below, who was speaking as if he had connections.

samprotagonist Level 1

If you are actually a developer, let me offer you a few very good suggestions:

1. What is the rush with all of this? If you are having clan app issues, slow down. Fix it. Do it RIGHT. Take an extra week off to get things fixed if that's what you need. An extra week, a break from your alternating week schedule, wouldn't upset anyone. If anything, most all clans could probably use a break from the grind. A lot of people playing REALLY grind these contests hard and it tires people out. A break would also be good in that it would give clans a chance to actually fit in a lot of their new recruits. Many clans are having huge turnover issues now trying to keep up.

2. Be more transparent. Open up things. Put results right on each Clan's main page, how they have done in each and every Clan War. If a clan has four 1st place finishes, and two 2nds, show that right on the front of their clan page, for everyone to see. This way, when a clan war starts, clans can better size up their competition to see how they have done. As it is now, things are kept all secretive and as far as I can tell, there's no legitimate reason to do that. You have the technology, use it.

3. Be more transparent pt 2.  Why not show how many clans there are? Show us how many clans are in all the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum divisions. Show us a clan list of those clans who have three, four or more CW's. You have this info, why are you hiding it?

4. Give us more warning. For example, the Diamond Division wars coming up. Clans don't appreciate running around on pins and needles, checking your 'twitter' feed every day waiting to get like a 24 hour notice the contest is starting. That's really lame on your end. For a lot of bigger clans, you have to get word out to people and with these forced slots/schedules in Diamond, people playing this game, YOUR paying customers, sometimes have real lives that need to be scheduled into the gaming. You dropping a day notice on a start is unprofessional.

5. Building off of no. three. For god's sake, give us real information and all of it. Stop this slow dribbling of info spread out over weeks via Twitter. I suppose your marketing teams likes the twitter volume, but over here with your paying customers, we find it bush league. We think you are behaving like unprofessional asshats. Here's the deal. We might just be non-professional gaming nerds, but some of us still take these contests seriously. We want to know the rules of a contest well BEFORE the contest begins. If you have new rules, post them in a public manner (no twitter) and at least 72 hours before a CW start. You don't see a league like the NFL making it's participants wait until game time to learn if a TD is going to be worth 4 or 6 pts. You developers want to be taken seriously, treat your information seriously.

StoneColdLoad

Thanks for the feedback, and much of it is certainly fair comment to make. I'll address a couple of your points individually -

1. The reason for the maintenance period was related to the game update rather than the app itself. This was not a decision taken lightly given the timing, but had we not taken this action it's possible there would have been significant problems.

2-5. The need for transparency is understood and we're working to broaden the number of places we reveal information and dates for upcoming events. At present, as well as the last-minute updates via Twitter we also provide information through the app news feed as well as regular information delivered through the OneOfSwords blog. More information, more frequently is our goal but in some cases we deliberately hold information until last minute. Take for example the game modes in an upcoming Clan War; while we obviously know which these will be in advance we prefer the level playing field of all clans finding out the modes at the same time - when the war starts.

The dates for Clan Wars should settle down after Diamond Division is launched - yes we haven't revealed the start date for that yet, but it's coming - since at present the schedule is only proposed rather than locked. The one thing we try to ensure is that any information released is accurate, and since the next Clan War could change start time or date we won't announce it until it is locked. We'd rather give short notice than have people make plans that then had to be changed.

All-round improvements are ongoing, and we take all feedback into consideration along the way so keep it up.

samprotagonist

samprotagonist wrote:

2-5. The need for transparency is understood and we're working to broaden the number of places we reveal information and dates for upcoming events.

here's a crazy idea.. how about you STOP using reddit to announce important changes or in offhand comments by other BH/Seismic devs on their own twitter feeds  and announce them on HERE the official call of duty forums or the Beachheadstudios account  #Justsaying

Maccabi Level 75

Thank you for the replies.

"1. The reason for the maintenance period was related to the game update rather than the app itself. This was not a decision taken lightly given the timing, but had we not taken this action it's possible there would have been significant problems".

There is no reason whatsoever to make competitors wait until the last minute with how the rules will work (ie, diminishing nodes, values, etc..). That's not how a real sports competition works, keeping rules and scoring hidden until the last minutes. Do your people understand this?

"2-5. The need for transparency is understood and we're working to broaden the number of places we reveal information and dates for upcoming events. At present, as well as the last-minute updates via Twitter we also provide information through the app news feed as well as regular information delivered through the OneOfSwords blog"

You are missing point regarding transparency. What people are looking for is information on competition, regarding things like how many clans there are. How many clans in each division. How many clans have won three 1st places ? How about four 1st places? If you can do this for Diamond, have a leaderboard, do it for Platinum. And do it now. There is no reason to wait. Again, what you developers are forgetting is that you are supposed to be making a competition. And your clients who do it, are people who enjoy competing. People who like to do this, like to have ALL the info. All the stats. There is a reason ESPN's top 25 and other rankings services (RPI, etc..) get so much buzz, ...people love that stuff. We aren't any different. Show us all the clans who have competed, and how every clan has done on a table. Rank 'em. Put it ALL up for everyone to see. That is what i mean by 'transparency'. You won't find a single person on this board, who doesn't want this.

People are motivated by more than just getting a silly camo or body merc head gear. Not everyone playing this game is a ten year old squeak-box.

StoneColdLoad

Wrestler couldn't have said it any better you are spot on @samprogtagonist all every want is the information up front and suggestions taken on board.

for example i don't believe you are taking into consideration your second biggest market for the diamond league, I live and work In London UK and starting a clan war at 7pm GMT just won't work. Make the assumption it's a 18+ game so most people that own the game will have a job, how many of them can get home after work deal with real life issues before jumping on a console?

wouldnt it be more sensible to start at 8gmt? Rather that CET

andynewns

andynewns wrote:

Wrestler couldn't have said it any better you are spot on @samprogtagonist all every want is the information up front and suggestions taken on board.

for example i don't believe you are taking into consideration your second biggest market for the diamond league, I live and work In London UK and starting a clan war at 7pm GMT just won't work. Make the assumption it's a 18+ game so most people that own the game will have a job, how many of them can get home after work deal with real life issues before jumping on a console?

wouldnt it be more sensible to start at 8gmt? Rather that CET

so many people for euro/uk complained about the start time for diamond divisions, america gets two , beachheads official answer was thats what were going with , we cant enter diamond as none of my clan get on that early, absolute stupidity to schedule a clan war when the majority of the people its aimed at are either getting home from work, eating dinner or at a time traditionally spent with families

Maccabi Level 75

Given that I also live and work in the UK I very much understand the request for a change in start time, and it has been heard by the rest of the studio - as have all the suggestions that come out of this forum, and many other sources.

samprotagonist

They scheduled the time...its there choice...If they schedule it to help the UK then it will hurt the USA...I promise there is no perfect time for everyone...Only thing I can think of is to make a UK and USA division...

As far as the app being down...it was down for all correct?...so the war last 120 hours but those 2 hours totally wreck everything...losing 1.7% of your playing time caused it...now entitlement has reached xbox?...

slickkid1110
Highlighted

Entitlement has been comfortably sat back in in a wingchair, smoking a pipe in the Xbox lounge for quite some time now (note that is said in jest, dont take me too seriously on that one folks)

Quite right about the start times, scoring can mitigate this but thats a VERY tricky balance to strike. It would be a shame to have to resort to regional divisions though.

Also, props to Samprotagonist for coming on here to discuss things with people. Community interaction is always nice to see, and I'm REALLY happy to see people have been polite in response to it thus far

Bielsalmighty

Studios