Please give 1-3rd win credit in Antarctica due to app delays

Ghosts Clans Discussions

The wins did count , the app had a few issues along the way but it didnt affect the outcome of the clan wars.if you tried checking in during the down time may have been frustrating to see where you stand , but that's not reason to give out free wins.

MindSpazms Level 75

I love that people who were unaffected by it are like, "The wins did count"

I'm telling you that we won multiple extra games for insurance, didn't win the node that we were about to take, and then the wins that should have taken away their defenses did absolutely nothing.  They literally vanished into thin air... like they never happened.

Trust me, I watched the app like a hawk and was in party with both my squads.  We know where we were at when it went down, and the wins we got during the down time never hit the totals.

lonogottagun

On that I may have to agree with your frustration. For us when it did go down and your right I had the site under maintenance several times our wins did count and I watch it closely as well, so if what happened to you would have happened to me I might be saying the same things you are , however they didnt and if it comes to light later that your situation actually happened to where they acknowledge it , I will be in your corner.

Not saying your lying or anything to that effect and I'm not implying that either. When the London wars messed up that didn't affect us either or anyone in our clan war that I could tell, but it came to light that several were affected and I had zero issue with it because it was the right thing to do .

MindSpazms Level 75

Thanks for understanding dude!

It was about 39 CP that we didn't get... not only that, it affects momentum in a huge way!  The influence on the trajectory of clan wars in almost incalculable because then we had to waste time taking down defenses instead of moving to another node.

lonogottagun

lonogottagun wrote:

I love that people who were unaffected by it are like, "The wins did count"

I'm telling you that we won multiple extra games for insurance, didn't win the node that we were about to take, and then the wins that should have taken away their defenses did absolutely nothing.  They literally vanished into thin air... like they never happened.

Trust me, I watched the app like a hawk and was in party with both my squads.  We know where we were at when it went down, and the wins we got during the down time never hit the totals.

so you watched the app like a hawk even though it wasnt working?

i can only go by what our clan experienced in the few hours the app was down ( short while when the app started and a few hours when they rebooted the app for maintenance) and every win we got counted, some just took longer to show up was all.

i saw alot of clans complain about the app going down and not registering wins then later on saying the wins appeared , but i stand by my original point i dont think the short time in comparison to the 5 day event deserves clans being awarded 1-3 placements as wins

Maccabi Level 75

Watched like a hawk until it went down.. yes.  So we knew we were at 24 wins... needed 30... won 4 games with 6 people for insurance (two separate parties).

So when the app came back up, one of two things should have happened.  We should have had the node won with 48 in defenses because of the extra wins after taking the node.  Or we should have been locked at 24, with the enemies defenses already down to 6 (30 minus the 24 wins we got while the app was down).

This did not happen.  The wins simply never counted.  And as I said above, the delay also affects momentum in a huge way.  The influence on the trajectory of clan wars in almost incalculable because then we had to waste time taking down defenses instead of moving to another node.  It's like being set backwards in time.

lonogottagun

lonogottagun wrote:

Watched like a hawk until it went down.. yes.  So we knew we were at 24 wins... needed 30... won 4 games with 6 people for insurance (two separate parties).

So when the app came back up, one of two things should have happened.  We should have had the node won with 48 in defenses because of the extra wins after taking the node.  Or we should have been locked at 24, with the enemies defenses already down to 6 (30 minus the 24 wins we got while the app was down).

This did not happen.  The wins simply never counted.  And as I said above, the delay also affects momentum in a huge way.  The influence on the trajectory of clan wars in almost incalculable because then we had to waste time taking down defenses instead of moving to another node.  It's like being set backwards in time.

and you know for a fact the other clan wasnt playing the same node?

so the node was on 24 you needed 30 to take it.. that's one game with a team of 6 and this one game set back caused you to lose the clan war did it?

Maccabi Level 75

Did you read what I wrote?  Or are you just trolling?

We won 4 games with 6 people for insurance (that's 24 wins that NEVER showed up).  The team that took it was playing with one group of 5 cuz their wins kept going up by 5.  So even if they magically played the perfect number of games to nullify all our wins after they took the node, it wouldn't have added up mathematically.

You're so confident that the system calculated and tracked wins taking place during the app's downtime, that you believe they exactly matched our wins, both in the amount of wins, and the amount of players they had on.  C'mon man, you weren't even watching our clan war.  They were moving up slowly, 5 at a time, roughly ever 15 minutes.  We were cranking through, 12 wins at a time with two parties of 6, quick wins on small maps.  Suddenly the app stops showing our wins, stops working for an hour, comes back up, they have the node even tho they were behind us by 9 wins, and our 24 insurance wins did not get tracked.

And yes, this lead to us losing.  It happened on 3 nodes, with basically made us lose 39 CP we should have gotten instead of the enemy team. Then, instead of being able to move on to other nodes and keep getting points, we have to tear down defenses.  Meanwhile, the clan that benefited from the delay was free to keep moving and taking nodes.

lonogottagun

lonogottagun wrote:

Did you read what I wrote?  Or are you just trolling?

yes im reading , maybe if you wrote things clearer maybe " Watched like a hawk until it went down.. yes.  So we knew we were at 24 wins... needed 30

lonogottagun wrote:

We won 4 games with 6 people for insurance (that's 24 wins that NEVER showed up).  The team that took it was playing with one group of 5 cuz their wins kept going up by 5.  So even if they magically played the perfect number of games to nullify all our wins after they took the node, it wouldn't have added up mathematically.

You're so confident that the system calculated and tracked wins taking place during the app's downtime, that you believe they exactly matched our wins, both in the amount of wins, and the amount of players they had on.  C'mon man, you weren't even watching our clan war.  They were moving up slowly, 5 at a time, roughly ever 15 minutes.  We were cranking through, 12 wins at a time with two parties of 6, quick wins on small maps.  Suddenly the app stops showing our wins, stops working for an hour, comes back up, they have the node even tho they were behind us by 9 wins, and our 24 insurance wins did not get tracked.

And yes, this lead to us losing.  It happened on 3 nodes, with basically made us lose 39 CP we should have gotten instead of the enemy team. Then, instead of being able to move on to other nodes and keep getting points, we have to tear down defenses.  Meanwhile, the clan that benefited from the delay was free to keep moving and taking nodes.

we aren't going to agree you're still blaming a few hours down time in a 5 day event as the reason you lost,.

Maccabi Level 75

Yeah, we were at 24 wins on a node that requires 30.  So 6 more should have won it.  The 24 wins we got as insurance didn't count.  That isn't fair. Period.

Apparently you don't understand that losing 39 CP and having momentum hindered by this is an enormous defect in truly knowing who won.  And these delays and break downs happened during peak hours.  So when all my guys were on, we got screwed.  The rest of the clan war we struggled to have a lot of members on due to other responsibilities.  So yes, these few hours really hurt us.  It was during the time we could have really established a lead.  But instead we got bogged down taking down defenses on nodes that should have been ours, or should have been quickly taken down due to insurance wins.

I like how Beach Head just admitted on twitter that this affected everyone so no wins for 1-3rd.  That's basically them admitting that no, the wins were not counting during down time.

lonogottagun

Studios