Please give 1-3rd win credit in Antarctica due to app delays

Ghosts Clans Discussions

lonogottagun wrote:

I like how Beach Head just admitted on twitter that this affected everyone so no wins for 1-3rd.  That's basically them admitting that no, the wins were not counting during down time.

no that's them saying the few hours downtime affected everyone equally

anyways you arent getting a win for 1-3 thats official now

/thread

Maccabi Level 75

It didn't affect everyone equally.  The clan in our war got 3 nodes because of it, with less players online.  And we were affected by it in a greater way because it was during our peak playing time.  The clan we lost to had a peak time of playing at 4am... so it didn't affect them at all.

The idea that a few hours of down time affected everyone equally is only legitimate if every member of every clan was playing during that time.  It hurt clans that were playing during that time, and the clans who weren't active during the delays and problems were completely unaffected, and ironically they actually benefited by not wasting their time and having their competition stunted by errors, delays, and wins not counting.

lonogottagun

Sure.  Let's all have red camo.

cybizzorg

while points didnt count for you...They didnt count for the other 7 teams either...and so you really playing just to get a camo?

slickkid1110

We won our clan war, but at the time this mess went down it was neck and neck with us and 2nd place. I'm fairly certain we had a pile of wins not count. We had lots of members on and were close to capping at least one node when the app went down. When it came back, the node had been capped. I surmised that the wins counted for the other clan that happened to be out of the USA, because they were far behind us in the race for said node. So even though we won, I kind of agree with the op. The reason is because I would be highly pissed if we had come in second. It sucks though because all the red stuff should be reserved for earning it, and many clans didn't earn it. Maybe they could come up with awarding 2nd place a victory if they ended the war within a reasonable point spread vs #1.

aaces101

check twitter...the said only 1st gets it...just sayin

slickkid1110

i'm not sure what the answer is here but when the app is down multiple times, then yes, i think it does affect the outcome because if it's a close race, how do you know when to move onto the next node?  how do you know when you cap a node if the wins aren't counting?

on the other hand, my clan got 2nd and the 3rd place clan had 75 cp when the winning clan had 650... so you want to give the 3rd place team credit for a win?  really?  and is the red camo even that cool looking?  i'm starting to see it everywhere similar to the ghillie suit.  it's getting old already.  i have it for gun camo and don't even use it.  i would rather have more patches or back grounds or something else in general besides the red mask options as they are not even the best of the helmets or uniforms.  they bascially took the basic devgru uniform you get for free and put red on it.  i would rather wear my devgru operator camo i got from achieving the operation "no boom for you".  now, if they would change how the camo would work, i would care more, like, you choose which head gear or uniform to make red so if you want the ranger heavy to have the red camo... that would be much cooler.

Sledgehammer232

Don't forget that when the Antarctica clan war started, one node was Hunted which shortly after the launch changed into KC. I got a win in Hunted which counted for that node (I checked). I got a couple more wins and checked if I had 4 or 5. All of a sudden there was no Hunted anymore but instead KC, with one win for us. I nor anyone else in my clan played KC so I wasted 1,5 hours to get one win, decided to call it quits and go to sleep (clan wars started at 10 pm my time and I had to get up at 7 am the next day for work). When I came home from work the next day the node was capped by (apparently) an American clan. So instead of 3-4 wins (8 wins required) to cap the node on Thursday night I had to get 15 on Friday. You know how long it takes to get 15 wins in KC with randoms? I'll tell you how long: TOO LONG! The other clan had also capped other nodes as well and were leading a lot. And, by us not capping the node on Thursday, that meant that instead of the other clan having to get 16 wins, now it took them only 8. That's a HUGE difference in time spent. We couldn't get ahead anymore since every time we got some nodes, the other clan just took them back when we were sleeping. We gave up on Saturday and Finished 2nd because we were constantly behind. They also got points during the time they had the nodes. So, you could actually say that we probably didn't win because of this.

That's two screw ups that affected the outcome of Antarctica clan wars.

Thruster

Thruster wrote:

Don't forget that when the Antarctica clan war started, one node was Hunted which shortly after the launch changed into KC.

a mistake that was changed within the first hour , and most clans seem to have the common sense to realize hunted was wrong and played other modes.

Maccabi Level 75

Common sense? Please do enlighten me.

Thruster

Studios