Please give 1-3rd win credit in Antarctica due to app delays

Ghosts Clans Discussions

Thruster wrote:

Common sense? Please do enlighten me.

hunted was changed to a ffa game mode in the last patch clan wars is TEAM based games

Maccabi Level 75

I played Hunted on Thursday and it wasn't FFA.

Thruster

Yeah I don't remember the app going down that much if at all.  It lagged a little but - not that horrible.

I think the 1 - 3 is getting out of hand.  We beat the living daylights out of our competitors, but yet they are going to get rewarded.... awesome.

It should be less broad, and maybe if you finished withing 10 - 20 points then you can be considered for a win.  Or else, wtf does it mean to win a clan war, if they are handing them out like Kapri Suns at a kid's soccer game.

rpaq34

Well we gave up on Saturday because we couldn't have won anymore so the gap got pretty big. Getting awarded based on the gap would be stupid.

Thruster

but you quit.  Thats why you lost.  I was on saturday and the app was working fine.  A lot goes into that app working; what type of connection do you have?  HOw old is your phone?

My buddy has an iPhone 4s and it runs 1,000 times slower then it does on my Nexus 5.  So - No its not stupid, you didn't have to quit, you chose to and the other team kept going.  Thus - reward the others for persistence, and nail you for quitting.

Regardless it looks like they are seeing it my way anyways, as according to twitter only 1st gets the win.

My suggestion is you guys just keep bitching here on the forums (and I will join) to get this thing on a webpage, and stop with this mobile craze.

rpaq34

Yeah quitting isn't really justified for a few hours of down time.  We surged back over the weekend and kept trying.

And yeah I agree, most of the clan wars I've seen, 3rd place is light years behind and probably doesn't deserve credit for the win.  But our clan war was so close that the 39 CP we lost and the wins that didn't count actually would have made a huge difference.  It came down to a neck and neck race on a node on the last day.  So yeah, those few hours did make a huge difference to us, and potentially is the reason we came in 2nd.

And I totally agree... they need to make it accessible on the web.  Most of my clan don't have expensive phones, so the few of us that do have to constantly be sending messages and updating people.  It's not as helpful/effective as just having a webpage people could see.

lonogottagun

No, we quit because a) the starting time was really bad for us (10 pm. on Thursday - ppl work on Fridays you know), b) we got f*cked in the *ss with hunted in the beginning and c) due to a and b we got so much behind that the winning clan (from the States or Canada maybe) got the nodes first while we were sleeping. After that it was just them waiting for us to clear their defenses and they'd just recapture the nodes while getting points every hour from their captured nodes. That's what happens when you are from my time zone trying to compete against a clan from some American time zone. It just doesn't work if they know their business. The situation would've been totally different if it would've started at, say, 5 pm my time (midnight EST). Then we could've captured all the nodes first and they would've had to get a lot of wins to take them from us. We managed to get 278 points and the winner got a whopping 502 points. This was platinum division.

There's a huge difference if you can capture the nodes first since it takes A LOT more time than trying to capture them if they're already captured. The clan who captures the nodes first can just sit around and wait for the other clan(s) to take your defenses down and recapture it while scoring points every hour. Whee, this clan wars is fun. How about dividing the clans into divisions based on time zones??

PS. My cell phone is Samsung S4 with 21 mb connection, less than two months old. I live 2,5 km (under 2 ml) from the center of Finland's 3rd biggest city so the signal is as good as it gets. Not that it matters, I figured out if we had captured the node or not when the app was down just by observing when the bonus XP marker appeared besides the corresponding game mode in the choose game mode menu. Annoying, yes, but didn't affect our score.

Thruster

If you cap the node while the USA is sleeping you will be fine

slickkid1110

I don't agree with this post. The app was working fine they even made an update during it. I'm sorry that you didn't win but don't whine about it please. You lost and I understand because Ive lost by 2 CP but don't whine everyone experienced the same difficulties.

MercifulCamper

i recently updated to windows 8.1 on a PC and you can run the COD ghosts app from there on your PC. It looks and works great on my computer when using windows 8.1.  i know not everyone has windows 8.1 but if you do, then try using the app on your PC, it works great!

appledaniel

Studios