Another thread about armoury upgrades

Ghosts Extinction

Hi all,

Got around 300 tooth now, but not sure what to do with it. I Mostly play exodus (no relics, because lobbies tend to suck and i'm not that pro), so i'll base my decision on exodus. I still got CSA, pistol ark, DC and arking stun ammo left (others not worth mentioning). Fav weapons are bulldog, remington and k7 (also vks, but i barely use it on exodus). Knowing extinction players are becoming more and more extinct, i'll most likely end up doing solo's.. So i was wondering which upgrade would suit me best. As mentioned before, i mostly don't run relics as i rather like to finish a map (np with completing poc w/ 5 relics, but other maps are a bit harder).

First idea was to go for DC straight away, but my main concern is that it will roughly  take me 1-2 months.. I've been following the 'extinction testing' thread, and this one got me doubting not to get CSA combined with arcing stun ammo.

In other threads, this question has been asked before, i know. And most common answer i've seen was: go for DC, most players already have CSA, therefore you don't need it. But i've came across very few CSA players on exodus, and some of them refuse to drop it more than once every 5-10 minutes (even when money is dropped), or they leave once the game starts (so annoying).

Turns out a simple question turned out into tl;dr. Hope you guys were kinda bored and took the time to get through this, thx in advance!

project_a
9 REPLIES 9

As much as I love the CSA and arcing stun ammo o combo, myself and most people I play with would recommend grinding it out for DC first, it's so fantastic to be able to change up your playstyle by experimenting with the 2 classes.

I'm lucky enough to now have all the upgrades (after much help from friends to grind teeth) and I bought everything else before DC, now after getting DC I definitely would say that is the one to aim for first along with the class frequency boost, then the ammo upgrades.

Just remember though, at the end of the day it depends on how you feel and what you'd want to buy first, all everyone else can do is offer you their opinions as to what they think is best

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator

Indeed. But those opinions really help. I always used to run the pistols only relic (combined with some others), till someone recommended running other relics combos (esp with MS). This made me change my mind about buying the pistol ark upgrade. I barely even use my pistols as you got a locker on every map but POC, but the vks is only 1500$ after first hive, so no need for pistols anymore.

This forum really helped me become better at extinction and that's why i value you guys opinion

project_a

I'd say go for dc cause you will be able to add relics and it won't affect your game play.  I'm playing with my cousin and as a split screen guest controller we've tried the csa and I need to say that I'm not impressed at all (money is a issue sometimes 2k vs 1200 incendiary) and of course if you're playing hardcore splash damage,  along with the fact that you will be the ammo guy.

If youre on ps3 you can add me andrewssl10 gt ,

I'm grinding too and I'll try to do all the challenges.

We re not constantly online but we're playing only extinction.

andrewntua

I'm on ps4, pity

I also played split screen a lot with my brother in law during holidays, but my guest account doesn't got a lot of teeth/upgrades, and my friends aren't really into fps (or they suck at it )

project_a

Sorry maybe I haven't explained this really well, but your guest account has the same amount of teeth you do. The only difference is that if your guest account buys something from armory and your primary account don't then the next time you login you won't have this upgrade and of course your teeth will be there.  your guest account wont have any stats and will appappear as  andrewssl10 (1).

andrewntua

On ps4, i wasn't able to play w/ a guest account last year, so i made an extra psn account. This is actually a different account, i just call it 'my' guest account

Did someone manage to play w/ a 'real' guest account on ps4? and if so, do they have the same amount of teeth like your main has at that current time, or the amount of teeth totally aqcuired? Would be soooo much easier for my noobish friends to play along!

project_a

Seeing as you plan to mostly play solo, I would suggest getting double class first. Hard to beat being able to run WS with either Medic or Tank - as great for solo as for co-op games when you can't rely on others. And the other poster was right when he noted that with it you can run a few relics without breaking a sweat, and earn teeth a lot faster.

Based on what and how you're playing, if I were you:

• I'd get the pistol ark right away. A handy, powerful backup to any weapon, and if you don't have master scavenger, even more valuable because it's a guaranteed ark every time with just one skill point. Take a rhino down with your WS ability every time, regardless of what ammo you buy. Great fun and really effective with akimbo pistols, making running pistols only as easy as you have been told - but of course you blow through a lot of ammo if you upgrade pistols all the way early; gets expensive. As you're concerned about how long it will take you to get double class, I'd treat myself and get this one now
  • You weren't clear about master scavenger, but if you don't have it, get it right away too. In solo the boxes are all yours, and you'll like getting extended mags on locker guns, as well as the other perks - arks obviously, but also upgraded flares and hypno knives
  • Same goes for class frequency boost, as noted above - with or without double class makes a definite difference, good value for the upgrade cost
  • CSA is absolutely great, and don't let anyone tell you you can't afford to throw it in solo - although it can be a pain if you're running smaller wallet and/or limited ammo relics. However, CSA, especially with arching stun, can screw you over on the marked aliens challenge you get on Exodus Mayday, etc., even in solo (and in co-op - as well as the all players damage challenge in co-op, if you and your teammates aren't careful). You're not actually trading much damage in the end by using either incendiary (still my preference after CSA) or armour piercing, which work just fine. I'd wait on this one in favour of double class in particular
Graedad

MS was one of my first upgrades when nemesis came out. I love getting those ext mags on lockers

project_a
Highlighted

My vote: DC, DC, DC!

Personally, I love playing Exodus as an Engineer/Medic combo.  I chose to get DC first and freq boost second, and man that has helped me out big time on solo relic runs.

Def skip arking stun ammo unless you play co-op and/or have friends with CSA.

maddBomber

Studios