Exodus Friendly Rhinos

Ghosts Extinction

Do the friendly rhinos really mess up the gen? Wow; if they do, in solo, I always hypno a rhino near the medusa & Im wondering if that makes me out on some score.

Can anybody confirm this? If not, it might be a good idea to not do so in the end.

Profound61904
6 REPLIES 6

Friendly rhinos mess up generators, drills, and obelisks rather badly. I have had several incidents where my own friendly rhino has destroyed (0 health) my gen/drill/obelisk. It takes the same amount off as an enemy one would/does. This is why I NEVER hypno rhinos in the office area or middle section,

Unless you mean "does the friendly rhino attack the medusa?", in which case it never has done for me. It's never gone up to the medusa with nothing there and attacked the medusa specifically.

Stinky666
Highlighted

Really?? I play this alot and never really had that happen to me, good to know its not just gens...hope your not trolling me lol...

And no I meant, the rhino attacking a scout on the medusa etc...havent really been looking out for it so Im not sure if it has done so to me, but if it hurts the gens then it MUST hurt the medusa.

Just tried another exodus score run and had spare hypno knives so we thought why not?? lets make it easier. Well, that thing destroyed our gen lol Brought it down to 86 from trying kill a little seeker. And it hit me, it must mess up some scores on solo. Theres times when I receive a 0 for medusa protection from the middle gate and Im mind blown as to how that happened when I protected that thing pretty damn good, this must be the only explanation for those times.

Profound61904

I promise, I aint trolling. We've had a rhino attack a scout that is on the top generator at the gas station. It took the drill to 0 with nothing we could do because it went into "bezerk mode" (you know where it hits about 6 times and causes a lot of damage). Each time it smashed it took about 8 or so off the generator.

Friendly rhino's can also hurt when betties are placed there too - as with a normal rhino. If it smashes the ground where a betty is, boom, 0 health.

As annoying as it is, I think it is intentional because we need a negative effect to have from turning a rhino friendly.

I would always get a hunter over anything (including a scorpion) if you want/need a distraction.

Stinky666

When i play solo, i never run 'through' the medusa. However, scouts always end up attacking it somehow after 2nd ancestor. Any way to avoid this? or should i just shoot them faster/keep more attention on the medusa?

project_a

Know where stuff spawns, and kill them fast. If it's the ones on the east gate (near the VKS) then they can easily be spawn trapped. If need be, go on the turret to the right and spawn trap. That way as well, bombers will come over to you and explode on you, and not hit the medusa causing damage. When you do the front and left (west) gate, then it's a simple case of, kill as fast as possible. With the main/north gate, try stand at the front, so the enemies come to you and have to run past you to get to the medusa.

Stinky666

Yeah each side has their respected spawns, learn them and kill them before they even get a chance to cross the gates. Turn on the traps for whatever side you get when you have a chance to do so when the spawns slow down, thats for the ones who get past your spawn trap. A Tesla trap on the opposite side of the medusa from where youre protecting it will save you lots of points.

I recommend you to spawn trap the west gate and east gate, and for the middle gate, stand on top of the black pipes to get a better view of the seekers and make sure you hit the easter egg to help you out killing the seekers/rhinos.

Also, by the third ancestor, your medusa is charged up enough to where it helps you protect itself. The order of the ancestor spawns are crucial and whatever side you struggle more on is the one you last.

The medusa battle is a huge chunk of your score so you want to max this out as much as possible for you to get a high score.

The middle gate is a hit and miss for me and Im guessing its due to me hitting the rhino with the hypno knife. Im starting to think it might just be better to go in with a flare.

Remember if youre running 8 relics and only get a score increase of 8k then you might as well end game as you just lost out on a bunch of points.

Profound61904

Studios