High Relic Run

SOLVED

Ghosts Extinction

in reply to EastSideRocks

People place there's in different locations, but personally I always put mine just at the side of the hive as far back as possible. The side closest to the cliff where those scorpions go. Doing that, you're protected so long as both your sentries are aimed like I mentioned earlier. Just be sure to look after the sentry guns (I don't turn the trap on). Don't place the sentries TOO close together either, cos when the rhino arrives and starts beating on one, both will get destroyed. Try place one of them where the rhino spawns so it should then target that. It also means your other sentry + you (and your GT) will be shooting the rhino.

Stinky666
in reply to spudchucker22

Definitely not. That's not what I am saying. I do however think a strategy without them, will not yield you as high a score as if using them though. So if you're going for score on that map, use a GT or PT, but if you're simply wanting to escape with 8 relics, then use any you feel comfortable with.

Stinky666

Wow! You were right! I tried the 8 relics with GT with two sentry guns and had no issues whatsoever. I went down on my first run once on the run back and the second game I played I had zero downs. I think I am currently ranked 123 for solo on POC but that could be imporoved since I lost a few challenges and got beaten up pretty good on one hive in the city. I could see myself getting another 30K or so no problem and ending up in the top 100. I likely won't try it again but the strategy with both sentry guns facing the cliff was the key to getting out with 8 relics. 

EastSideRocks

I was going bananas on Saturday. I tried the 8 relic run twice and on the one I died when the final drill had just finished and the other I died on the runback in the first area!!!

I don't normally upgrade my sentry guns to the +4 but after Stinky's comment I might try it.

The relics I wasn't using was mortal and no machines. I actually got used to the earn your keep relic!

That being said, I think I'm done. I might just try to improve my score with 7 or go fo high relic runs in hardcore. I think I'm ranked 100 for hardcore POC right now... sometimeg like that.

EastSideRocks

Sentry guns for a +4 in the final area are definitely a must, they kill plenty and distract a lot too (hunters, rhino's, seekers - and of course on other maps phantoms & mammoths.

Stinky666

That must have been so frustrating, going down on the run back. I haven't got that far yet but will hopefully soon. Keep trying, I am sure you will complete it soon. I will keep going until I do

spudchucker22
Highlighted

I wanted to put the controller through my TV. I've never once died on the run back in the first area. Other problem was it was one of the run backs where 4 rhinos spawn so I couldn't kill them all before heading into the first area.

EastSideRocks

Made it out no problem with the double sentry gun and GT strategy that Stink was talking about above. Ranked 123 globally right now for solo POC.

EastSideRocks

Awesome. Glad I could be of help. =D

It really is simple and really good to place stuff where I said. It works wonders, and that rhino stands no chance - so long as you have been looking after those sentries (which of course is important, MAINLY for those scorpions if not the rhino).

Stinky666

Well done, 9 relics next then? Haven't tried it again yet, but will do soon, hopefully with stinky's advice I to will be able to complete it. What 2 relics didn't you use (obviously no machines was one)?

spudchucker22

Studios