High Relic Run

SOLVED

Ghosts Extinction

in reply to spudchucker22

I've completed POC with 7 relics mutilple times but all with DC which makes it nearly a cake walk. I think I sit about rank 700 or so on the POC solo leaderboard and I did get completionist as well as zero downs.

The loudout I used was WS & Medic, grach, incendiary, armor and they were all maxed out by the end. I've also used Medic/Tank as well.

If I didn't have DC I would go pistols only but run machines so I can have a riot shield and sentry guns for the last hive. Those sentry guns make the nuke hive 1000 times easier if you just point them at the hill and drill to kill scorprions. The magnum or grach maxed out are just beast when maxed out as well so it the pistol only relic isn't a big deal. Lastly, since armor is maxed out most of the game I would go with WS instead of medic...

I have completed each map solo with a minimum of 4 relics (that was exodus and only tried solo a couple of times but had zero downs and completionist as well) but most maps I've been around 6 relics. I'm an average player but I think I've figured out decent strategies which do not involve using turrets.

If anyone is interested in hearing more about loadouts on maps that I use let me know.

I'm glad to see there are other players going for solo high relic runs!

EastSideRocks
in reply to EastSideRocks

Thanks for the advice, I have completed POC now with 7 relics and no downs using JTC suggestions, I do not have DC so I was well happy that I managed to do it, the score wasn't that good as I was just concentrating on completing it, still rank 838 on leaderboard

I have had a couple a tries with 8 and not using the GT but unsuccessful at the moment, will keep trying until I get there

Then will try the other maps with high relics, so lots more extinction for me lol

spudchucker22

It is a pretty fun game and going for high scores and successful high relic runs has kept this game fresh for me. I do credit Jon for his videos on clarifying score as a big reason I started doing solo runs.

Congrats on the 7 relic relic run! That last hive can be a reall bugger. I've tried 8 relics now on POC twice and died on the very last hive both times. I would ugrade my pistol fully but with the akimbo I'm not as accurate when trying to shoot the scorpions off hte mountain side.

I'm going to go for another 8 relic run tonight or tomorrow but I'm not going to use the akimbo.

EastSideRocks

I know what you mean about akimbo pistols, I think the way to do it, would be to upgrade your pistols once the last hive has finished, akimbo pistols are very good for the run back when accuracy is not important. Good luck with your 8 relic run

spudchucker22

Tried my 3rd 8 relic run yesterday and like you failed on the last hive, managed to get there with no downs but got absolutely massacred by them damn scorpions, had double sentries which got taken out by hunters while I was concentrating on the scorpions, after that it all went pear shaped. I will keep going until I crack it.

How was your latest attempt(s)?

spudchucker22

There lies your problem. Face BOTH sentries to the cliff side. Have one so it faces the eectric trap (where you turn it on) because a scorpion will always go up there every now and again, and then also make sure that same sentry can see to the right part of the cliff. Have your second sentry facing so it can see all of the right cliff side.

You, on your GT will be looking after the sentry guns for the most part.

Stinky666

I guess my 2nd problem is that I don't use the GT at all, just rely on my sentries and pistol(s), that's maybe why I have to keep throwing out ammo al the time. 3rd problem is maybe that I am trying to complete POC with 8 relics and not using the PT or GT, trying to be different from everyone else lol

spudchucker22

There's another problem lol. You need a GT or PT for 8 on POC, purely because of those scorpions, and especially if you want a decent high score. Scorpions can mess you up so fast and end the game, especially when you have relics on. I would definitely recommend using GT for 8 relics and doing what I suggested with the sentry guns, you'll see - you will escape!!

Stinky666

Do you think that an 8 relic run is impossible without using the GT or PT?

spudchucker22
Highlighted

I had the riot shield equiped and not the GT or PT and almost made it out. The problem for me using the GT is that on the nuke hive I don't know where to position it so that I don't get peppered by scorpion gas. If someone could tell me where to put it I would be happy to use it for my run.

EastSideRocks

Studios