High Relic Run

SOLVED

Ghosts Extinction

in reply to spudchucker22

My guess would be No Machines + Earn Your Keep.

Stinky666

Nope - I didn't use No Machines or Mortal.

I have DC so I ran with medic and Tank. I didn't mind earn your keep but if I had a hypno or flare on the way back it would have made the run back easier.

EastSideRocks

That's the 2 I didn't use when I tried my only 8 relic run after the advice you gave me about using GT or PT, as I thought they would be the most useful 2 to use. Haven't got DC so I think its the best way forward

spudchucker22

Made it with 7 relics..did not run no machines ...small wallet...or earn your keep...poc...had 1 down on run back

Few questions:

1)What do you do when you get 50% challenge on last hive?  I had completionist till I got this on last hive...had no clue what my strategy should be so just let it go.  By the way...was cake using 2 sentry and GT per your set up.

2) How many damn rhinos spawn on run back?  I hypnoed 1sr one...then 2 more spawned at the 1st barrier hive...then 2 more at the 2nd barrier hive...which is where I had my down..had a flare their waiting but failedc to pick it up somehow on 1st attempt.

3) I don't have DC (I have lost over 600 teeth since new system came out...another story) have everything else...what 2 relics should I leave off to try 8?  Which one if I want to try 9?

Thanks in advance.

H2Oslider24

1) Unfortunately the answer for that is ignore the challenge and fail it. Failing the challenge versus everything else (damage dealt, damage taken, drill).... trying the challenge and letting everything else get hit/hurt/damaged is simply not worth it - or heck, failing the mission entirely.

2) This is because you're taking too long to get to the barrier hives. If you take too long, another spawns. So get there before so (this is yet another reason why people use Feral and not Body Armour for POC).

3) 8 Relics = No Machines + Earn Your Keep. 9 Relics = No Machines.

I can't remember but I think everyone who has done 9 relics solo, has multiple downs (all, or mostly) from the run back. I don't even dare do 9 lol (I'd rather keep an 8 with no downs, than get a bit of a higher with 9 and get possibly 3 downs).

Stinky666

1) Do  you always let the 50% challenge go?  I got it again on 1st hive, 3rd area...still had no solution.

2) In regards to running feral...I thought my score would suffer too much from taking damage w/o body armor.  Would you use feral or body armor when playing for score?

3) Thanks...& agreed.  I don't want 3+ downs on my hs.

H2Oslider24

It's going for the challenges that makes me fail almost every time when running 8 relics. Alot of the time it's the drill getting battered while attempting the challenge. So annoying getting to the last few hives with 0 downs and then failing cos the drill wasn't looked after. Now my priority is me and the drill. I'm always torn between Feral and BA but usually go Feral as it will be good practice for when i try 9 relics.

Maybe try running with a PT instead if your going for completionist

Richi_UK
Highlighted

PT is obviously good but man, they are not easy to use. They actually take a lot of skill unlike the GT.

I have tried the pT a couple of times, and I just can't protect that dang drill with it, and I end up getting hit so much because a scout or two will get too close to me and I can't get it with the PT lol.

Stinky666

1) Not always. Most times in the last area, yes. As annoyingly painful as it is to say, but yes. However, it all depends on if you have a few flares laying around near you. In which case, you can throw one, put some bullets in to some aliens (Jon taught me to go by the simple method of: for every 3 pistol shots in an enemy, that allows one GT shot - which always works very well). Just be sure to have at LEAST 2 flares, and it all depends which hive you get it and of course, do you have 2 sentry guns out? I would say screw 50% for DEFINITE on the last, 2nd to last, and you know the hive where you some times have different ones, next to the VKS (third area).... don't do it on those either. There's a lot ot consider for doing it or not doing it. I guess if you only have 1 flare, but also have a hypno knife, try hypno a hunter, and that will relieve some pressure too. So long as you can save one knife for the run back, you're golden.

2) The idea for ANY score run (solo or co-op) is to NOT get hit, so you should be shooting everything as fast as possible (learning those spawns helps immensely). So, body armour, although important (very much so) isn't that much important at the same time, if you can kill everything fast enough. Plus, Feral is beneficial because it ALLOWS you to see stuff before it gets to you..

Stinky666

Thanks..I am going to focus on 8 relic runs.  I think I will screw the 50% challenge unless it's early on and I have an abundance of flare and hypno knives (which is often the case on solo runs I'm finding out).  I am looking forward to using feral and not being SO damn slow.  Should also be good to learn spawn locations.

One more question.  Can someone give me specific instructions for moving sentry and GT together?... I STILL can't get this down, I can do it sometimes, but is always a struggle and therefore I'm always struggling to get set up before criptids start spawning, although having feral should help.

H2Oslider24

Studios