Ghosts Extinction

I set the GT just infront of the sentry then double click and hold the x button (xbox) and stay calm lol. Even though i know how, i still balls it up sometimes when under pressure.

There's video on Youtube showing you how. The method i described is from  JTC's video

Richi_UK

Try Jon the chief's video on you tube, it will explain exactly how to do it. I am like you and struggle with it sometimes, but you will find the video a great help.

What I do when running high relics, is to make sure I bring all the hypno knives to the last area, before starting the drill on the 1st hive on this area, if you can get 3 into this area, it will make a big difference. I will use one on the rhino in the barn, one on the last hive and use the last one on the run back, normally the rhino in the town area

I prefer to use armor rather than feral, as armor in my opinion is more helpful than feral

spudchucker22
in reply to spudchucker22

I'm pretty sure you can only have 2 hypno knives on the map at any 1 time. I do the same and save them for the run home, helps big time when running high relics.

Richi_UK

I have had 3 on a number of occasions but I do average 2 most of the time

spudchucker22

You can find at least three knives. The trick is to find one in the first or second area of a map and use it. This seems to force another one in the subsequent area(s).

I even found four once by finding and using two in the first area of POC in a solo game. I seem to remember this because I did it for fun but regretted it because it gave me more knives instead of  finding flares, which I always prefer because of their usefulness with challenges. To be honest, I usually don't bother with knives on solo runs anymore, even on the run back, and on co-op I give them away... the rhinos have become so easy to dispatch with CSA I usually just take them out or let someone else knife them.

Graedad

Yes mate i'm aware of that . I was meaning i've never had 3 on the map at any 1 time, be it 1 equipped and 2 on the floor or 3 on the floor.

Richi_UK

Take off the mortal relic and then put on smaller wallet. Cash flow isn't a problem on POC by the time you get to the last area. Having a class like medic is so important for speed and health regeneration. The medic upgrade has gotten me out of a few sticky situations and I've avoided going down quite a few times because of it.

EastSideRocks

Well, you guys officially suck. With you talking about solo runs on POC it made me want to do it. Mainly out of boredom and not really to beat my old score, but purely as a "to see if I could still do a GT + sentry 8 relic run with feral". I did it, and somehow without properly trying, I beat my old score (old score 657k, new score 672k).

I failed 3 challenges (thought it was only 2, but writing this reply made me realize I failed 3, not 2 lol). 1 was really stupid, and the other 2 kind of unlucky I guess.

(NOTE: I wasn't really unlucky with challenges. I didn't get don't use abilities, don't spend, or 50% accuracy)

I messed up so many times too. For example, in area 1 I dunno what happened but I got the 75% accuracy challenge, shot and missed. I decided "ok I will knife all this stuff around me til there is only one left"... so I did that, and somehow, the accuracy was back up to 100%. So, even though I only shot one bullet and MISSED, it gave me the challenge, BUT my personal skill was BAD to indicate that I had indeed missed (for that hive, out of 26k, I got 20.5k). This was one of those odd bugs that worked in my favour, by giving me the challenge, but still knew I had missed the bullet and did indeed reflect so in my score.

After that I had the "prone" challenge, and missed a lot, got hit a lot lol... the next hive was "pistols". Which, should be easy but with using CSA so much, my accuracy has become shockingly bad. I knew it had, but wow, didn't realize just how bad.

In the 2nd area, I had "melee scouts" which, yep is very easy BUT they batter the hell out of you lol. Took so much of my health. Did it obviously. I then had "kills with turrets". Which is the best challenge to get on a relic run for solo, for definite. Then in the corner to the frar left (near the truck and mounted turret) I had "propane tanks". Well, this is like the 50% accuracy... you have a moment or two 2 decide what you want to do: drill + yourself, or the challenge. I chose the ignore this challenge. Why? Simple. There were no tanks close to me, and I had NO flare. Even with Feral on I wasn't running over near the IA to get s few tanks. Not only would it mess my accuracy up, but I would no doubt hurt myself on the tanks AND the enemy would hurt me.

So in the final area, the only unlucky one I had was "traps" which is the one I failed.

First hive I had "don't take damage from seekers", which LUCKILY they all spawned in front of me, none behind.

Then I did the horrible bottom hive near the vks, the center one (not the one in the nice corner where you can hide from scorpions). I had find the leper for this. Which I did easily even though my sentry guns were facing the leper, I somehow got it with my GT first. I hate this hive so much and usually I stand near the VKS but I decided to try be different this run (cos it wasn't a serious run), so I was constantly moving around with my GT depending on where they all spawned. It worked out rather well, usually this one goes to hell for me but it stayed at 96!! The next one was the barn and was traps... I had turned the dang thins on too, running up there lol.. yet it got only 1 kill!! The next challenge was "melee a scorpion" and without a flare, trust me this is NOT an easy task rofl. I was making sure to kill those hunters so they didn't get on the drill, and the 5 ror so times I came off my GT to risk getting a scorpion, either my sentry would kill it, OR it would jump back across to the other side. Twice I got very close, one knife away - one being at the VERY end!! haha. Last challenge, was spend money, which of course is super easy on the last hive.

And if it's any consolation, I almost went down on the final hive. One cheeky scorpion was hiding out of sight from the sentry (on the cliff side, you know I am sure, when you can JUST barely see its tail and it can shoot PERFECTLY but you can't get it). Again, luckily it did come out because I moved and then sentries got it.

I think one of the biggest things for me was, my drill never went below 96, and for the most part, the remained at about 98+.

Where I lacked was stupid things such as failing challenges, shooting my pistol and missing, or taking damage.

The run back, I got back with 2:01 on the clock (actually got there for 2:03 but the circle didn't show straight away!!). I also hypno'd both rhino's, so the run back for me was a breeze.

One thing I will say, and recommend though, is don't use any of your hypno knives UNLESS you have more search boxes left to open up, cos at least that way you have a chance of finding another.

So, lets say you have searched all boxes in area 1 + 2, and have 2 knives. For whatever reason, you need to hypno something (scout, hunter, anything). Now you only have one knife left, BUT you have a very high chance of finding another "2nd" one. So never use a knife unless you NEED to, and/or you have more boxes to search. Ultimately it's up to you guys, but it's something I always go by.

Crap, sorry for the long ass response guys haha. I blame you all though for making me do the run :-/

Stinky666

Did you use a SOFLAM during the accuracy challenge?  I have had that same thing, miss a shot, but then someone use a SOFLAM and accuracy back up to 100%.  I have seen this on other maps as well (NF), someone uses a SOFLAM and all the sudden accuracy is back to 100%.   Is there any validity to this or was I just drinking too much? 

Nice score by the way, especially considering you got about every sh#tty challenge there is.  I have not gotten the propane tank one yet, so good to know this might be another one to let go.  Is it better (score wise) to take some damage and complete a challenge or just camp behind the GT and keep perfect drill and personal health?  I know there is a discussion in here somewhere in which Vulture breaks down all the max scores...but can't seem to find it.

H2Oslider24

I had no SOFLAM. I had literally searched about 3 boxes and found nothing of use (ammo clips).

Personally I'd say ignore the challenge over protecting the drill etc, unless it's an easy challenge.

It's one of those things where you have to weigh up all options. What do you have and where (trophies,flares, knives)... what is the challenge, and where is everything currently spawning from.  If I had at least one flare, I would have given the tank one a shot, cos I would have easily got 5 scouts at the flare, then bam, one tank for the challenge but because I had no flare, I had to weigh up and say "nope, I want to look after the drill and myself". Challenges aren't exactly a huge chunk of score, where as drill protection and personal skill are. Not sure if correct, but I think challenges total t about 15 or 20% of each hive score.

Stinky666

Studios