Ghosts Extinction

Hehe an addict always blames everyone else 

I had a similar experience this afternoon. I missed a shot with the VKS on the 75% challenge yet it stayed on 100%. I'm sure it went down then instantly went back to 100% which as you know once you miss it's impossible to get back to 100%.

Pesky head glitching scorpions, frickin hax

? Have you had 3 hypno knives on the map at one time? I've only ever had 2, to get a 3rd i have to use 1

Oh yeah nice tip earlier 3 hits with a pistol gives you 1 GT shot with the accuracy challenges, will come in handy for sure

Richi_UK

I have noticed accuracy go up in co-op and it seems to be strange things (nothing specific) that does it. Different things different times. Some times vultures, other times soflam, and other times just bullets! Me and tracy have also had gun challenges and not had that particular gun, BUT the guns we did have counted haha. It's happened 2 or 3 times that I can think of. One time it was NF, corner left hive, it was snipers. Tracy was trying the MR28, and I can't remember what I had (most likely maverick or vector)... We took it in turns to run for the VKS, and as I was going to it, tracy was killing (obviously) and SOME kills were counting towards the challenge (yet an MR28 is obviously a marksman rifle). I think we did figure out that it was specifically hunter kills (maybe scorpions) that were counting..

I've only ever had 3 knives at once, and that was a relic run for solo, on Exodus. Never on any other map.

Stinky666
in reply to spudchucker22

Get in!! finally beat POC with 8 relics.

The 2 relics i didn't use were Earn Your Keep & No Machines.

I failed 2 challenges, 1st was embarrassingly kill the Leper in the 1st area; i say embarrassingly as i had flippin Feral and didn't use it (took 3 hives to get over it haha). The 2nd was the 50% accuracy in the 3rd area.

I had 1 down at the last hive and my score was 643003 put me 82nd (6th weekly i can dream :-/)

Richi_UK

Well done, guess you will be going for 9 relics next then??

spudchucker22
in reply to spudchucker22

No not just yet mate lol, not till i do 8 with 0 downs. Still need practice running no armour plus given the right run i know i can beat my best.

How you getting on with your relic runs?

Richi_UK

Haven't been on for a while, but will be trying 8 relics again soon. Just bought destiny, so I am trying that for a while, taking a short break from extinction, but will be back soon

spudchucker22

Congrats...I ran 8 last night...almost.  Made it to the last hive, I had failed 1 challenge (50%- in the cabin), but I had excellent drill protection the whole game, no downs, and was all happy with myself...then...on the last hive, I set up my sentries, grabbed the drill, as I was running with the drill criptids started spawning but I was almost there so no worries.  Planted the drill, ran to my corner, went to set GT and..."Too many turrets"..DAMNIT!!...I thought I had emptied it but left it with 1 shot back at the last hive.  Things went to hell quickly from there...I ended up rage quitting after 2 downs and my drill just getting wasted....This is why I LIKE solo...if you do everything perfect, things go so smooth...but the slightest error (Or just stupidity in this case) and things just go to sh#t SO fast.

I tried running feral instead of body armor on the game before this, but I end up taking damage way too often.  Maybe once I get it a little more dialed...are you running feral or BA?

H2Oslider24

Ouch!! Hard luck. Things can go down hill fast when you make a mistake. Least you can take alot of positives out of that game.

I used Feral mate. I've got to get used to no armour and taking as few a hits as possible plus it's good practice for when i move onto 9 relics.

Richi_UK

Tried 8 again last night using feral...it's a lot harder for me than using BA but as you noted probably a necesary step to move on to 9 relics.  Tried 3 times but rage quit all 3 games after going down at various points of the map (the last time I actually went down in between the 1st & 2nd hives...was too pissed off to try again). 

Can you tell me in which order you are upgrading sentry, GT, feral?  I am taking GT to +1 (do this before I plant 1st drill in case of take no damage challenge), then sentry to +2 (for accuracy challenge), then GT to +3, then sentry to +3, then start upgrading feral.  I'm thinking I need to upgrade feral sooner to take advantage of faster health regen. and move quicker in between hives.

H2Oslider24

I do it a lot similar to you, only a SLIGHT difference:

GT to +1 (1 point)

Sentry to +2 (2 points)

Gt to +3 (4 points)

Feral to +4 (4 points)

Sentry to +4 (5 points)

(keep in mind you get 9 skill points in area 1 - 10 including barrier hive -  a further 6 in area 2 - 7 including barrier - so that's 17 points. The above totals to 16 only, so you should ideally have the important stuff maxed out for area 3.)

I never worry about ammo since you have Limited Ammo on. Pistol could be beneficial, for if/when you get the pistol challenge, or if you get prone.

I don't worry about sentry guns being +3 or +4 til the second area. Sentry at +2 kills Hunters, Scorpions and Scouts perfectly fine and fast. I mainly only deploy it as a distraction, to get those scorpions who love to go in awkward places, or simply behind me, or of course for spend challenges.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who may max out sentry before doing Feral, but for me, feral is a must and to be maxed out ASAP, because you could get some stupid challenges and you have the fat ass relic on. Not to mention the obvious benefit of seeing where everything is.

Stinky666

Studios