Highest Co-Op Record?

Ghosts Extinction

D_T_R...best way to learn is to watch videos..I have some that I have watched over and over and over, especially solo, to try and pick up on every little thing.  This is link to what best solo run I have seen, although he uses PT, it is basically same for GT:  Extinction Point of Contact 9 relics solo, 1 Down, 703.504 Score - YouTube  I challenge anyone to show me someone with better PT skill than this guy.  Here is link to great coop run, not only can you watch, but Jon explains why they are doing certain things which really helps: COD Ghosts Extinction - Point of Contact COOP World Record Support (Full Commentary) - YouTube  Don't repair the drill, but your #1 priority should be to protect the drill in the 1st place.  Better to fail a challenge and keep that drill at 100%.  Here are % breakdown for solo and coop so you can see what matters most:

Solo (no teamwork score for solo):

Drill Protection = 45% of your score.

Personal Skill = 40%

Challenge Completed = 15%

Coop

Drill Protection = 35%

Teamwork = 30%

Personal Skill = 25%

Challenge completed = 10%

Like you, I always hated sitting on the GT, but it is really the only way to keep your personal skill score up.  It is a little boring, but as I learn spawns, different little angles, how to quickly reposition it during hives, it has become pretty fun tbo, at least on solo.  IF you really don't want to use GT, MR-28 is best choice imo.  You can be really accurate with that gun, still get decent personal skill, and it is a beast.  You also might consider trying PT, is a LOT more challenging than sitting on a GT.

I have been trying to do score runs in random lobbies, I offer to run support and we try to get them their best hs.  It is rare to find 3 randoms that are really willing do it, but even if they only half ass it, they still seem to enjoy it and it's usually not hard to get them in at least top 3-400 and I get the practice of running support.  They are always stoked and most end up on my friends list.  Met 3 randoms the other night, 2 max prestige, 1 only 15th prestige..none had ever tried to play for score.  We did 3 runs, 1 for each of them to be score runner..stayed up til 2:30am but was SO much fun.  All ended up in top 200, and the 15th prestige ended up #123, they all were really into it..+ I have 3 new friends.  I like running support way more than being the actual score runner.

H2Oslider24

Thanks again, I'll check out those videos.  Looks like Drill Protection is where I need to concentrate more effort.  It's got to be near impossible to keep it protected at 100%.  I mean if your running to find Leper or really any of the challenges.  Even the first challenge, if you get melee only, it takes 2 to kill a scout, they go directly to it, you get one then by the time you get the second knife it's done at least 1% damage, maybe 2.  Or if you get take no damage on first hive how do you keep the drill at 100% while not taking damage?  are you setting a GT right away or something?

Darren_The_Rope

1st hive is least important.  Each area increases in value.  Here's rough breakdown on value of each area.

1st hive = only about 1/2% of your overall score.

Hives 2-5 each worth about 5% of you OA score x 4 = 20% for 1st area

Hives 6-9 each worth about 7.5% of your OA score x 4 = 30% for 2nd area

Hives 10-14 each worth about 10% of you OA score x 4 = 50% for 3rd area.

I did not consider the score for the escape in this, but wanted to only show you value of each hive in relation to each other.

Getting take no damage is best on 1st hive, just set up GT and blast them as they land..but either way the 1st hive is rather insignificant.

There are ways to beat almost all challenges and still maintain near perfect drill health, just depends when and where you get them.  For instance the leper challenge you mentioned.  You can usually quickly move GT to a spot(s) where you can fire where you think the leper might spawn w/o ever leaving the drill area.  Some areas I have really good luck doing this, but certain hives I never get him.

Drill protection is #1 priority.  Some challenges are just better not to do, don't sacrifice drill health to complete a challenge.

H2Oslider24

10-4, that's awesome, thanks for the pointers, big time help!

Darren_The_Rope

One more tip (this took me longest to learn).  Planning out the end of each hive is critical.  Don't get caught with a full wallet when the drill finishes, you cannot afford to waste that $ when running small wallet.  Jump off the GT and throw down a sentry, buy ammo for your gun, or plan out so you empty your GT and put down another one right before the hive ends.  There are a few seconds at the end of each hive after you get your skill points but before you get your $ where you can upgrade something and still throw it down before you get the $ for the hive.  Know where you are going next.  Having your set ups for each hive needs to become 2nd nature.  There is no time to sit and think about it between hives.  Moving my GT, sentry's, and the drill is before they start to spawn is always my biggest challenge and will result in things getting ugly real quick if you don't get set up in time.

Note: Anything and everything I know about how score is calculated is me just looking at score sheets produced by Vulture- just want to give credit where it is due, I would have never figured this sh#t out.

H2Oslider24

Sentrys and yeah if it's take no dammage get on the GT/PT straight away. Just try keeping cool and plan your run. Flares help alot for most challenges/sticky situations. Also don't sweat it failing a challenge or 2 when running high relics. At somepoint the challenges will fall favourably. Another thing to keep in mind for accuracy challenges is 3 hits with a pistol gives you 1 GT shot     ( Stinkys tip from JTC )

Brings new life to the game going for score, very addictive yet also frustrating tbh but it's all good imo

Good luck

Richi_UK

Being that I rarely ever use the GT, I assume it costs more than 500, and in order to pull one out immediately, you need the start with 1000 armory upgrade?  I haven't opened that one cause I havent ever needed it.  Still don't have DC and probably never will, would have to play many more times than I currently do to get that.  Still have some other small armory upgrades un-opened, went for CSA, MS and pistol ark first and held off on some of the 30 or 50 teeth stuff to save for those.  Going to be adding the smaller ones as I get more teeth, and DC is probably out of reach although I'm sure a huge help for all scoring.  I probably need to do some lower relic runs to practice and accumulate teeth to get alot of the little stuff.  I have Hypno a rhino, which I know is pretty huge for me, but alot of the littler things I don't have. 

Darren_The_Rope

Yes, GT costs 1,000 and sentries 2,000 (which you probably know).  If you have enough teeth, get start with extra $1,000.  If not- no big deal.  You don't need GT to start (although it makes doing the take no damage challenge cake), just do the challenge w/o it, 1st hive you should worry more about doing the challenge than score- you need those 2 skill points.  I started solo with 6 relics (on POC), found it fairly easy and jumped to 8, which could have been a mistake since I failed doing 8 a lot before finally doing it.  Now beating my head against 9...not sure if I'll ever make the run back with 9, but is fun trying.

Doubt I will ever get DC either, but getting hopeful.  Every time I have gotten to 700 teeth, I get reset to 350 (happened 3X)...BUT, I am now at over 800 and things are holding steady...holding my breath every time I turn on the 360..DC is last upgrade I need.  I mostly want it so I can quit explaining to people how I have played x amount of days and still don't have DC....well,,+ it will be kick#ss to have it...XD. I always get "Slider, what is your other class?"..."I don't have DC".."How have you played a gazillion days and not have DC?"..."Heavy sigh..."

H2Oslider24

Ha, yeah, I simply don't play enough, maybe 3 or 4 games a week, if that, just no time, too much other stuff to do.  Plus a 9 year old that can't get enough Minecraft.  I've done it with 6 relics, but my best score was with 5, haven't used the GT except when I'm doing 6 relics I use the GT on the last hive.  Like 410,000, somewhere in there.  I'm gonna start using the GT and see if I can find some more fun in it and get more score and just keep trying to get higher and higher score.  I'm sure it will make it easier.  Going to have to play with it also to figure out how to carry a sentry and GT at same time.  Thanks for your help

Darren_The_Rope
Highlighted

I bought an xbox one, bought my 2 kids their fav games for it, now let them fight over it and the 360 is all mine..XD.

The key to holding both is just to put the GT slightly in front of the sentry, then double tap your pick up button...AND hold that button down on 2nd tap...this is the key...the alignment is not important at all.  I had a hard time with this at 1st, cause I was told that they had to be all perfectly aligned, not the case.  The key is to just hold down that button on 2nd tap.  It is now 2nd nature and I have a harder time trying not to pick them both up now. 

H2Oslider24

Studios