Highest Co-Op Record?

Ghosts Extinction

My only problem with the glitch in PoC is that on solo it is really hard to get close to the top scores running no machines cause the escape is like a minute slower without the turret glitch lol.

Jon_the_Chief

Skill > Time played.

Numerous world record holder for solo here.

5 days played total. I don't play as much since I don't enjoy it as much anymore.

HOWEVER:

Top 5 placings:

Luck > Time played > Skill (since the minute degree of score is so minimal you might as well say the top 5 for each map are all world record holders...except Awakening, people seem to be bad at this map)

I am not (and was not) near as good as other players...even such as yourself Profound61904. But this is just my personal opinion. I have friends who consistently play Extinction and have hundreds of escapes. Put them in a score game and they won't even reach the top 100. There is still a great amount of skill needed to get good records.

okokok123456

Not skill, just knowledge. If you know exactly what to do then it shouldnt be any different as a regular game. Just takes alot more coordination/experience & non-selfishness to pull off a high coop score.

I just find it funny when people say they have more skill from a certain solo score they have, that involved a GT. As opposed to using a gun and shooting armored plates, the GT pretty much kills everything in 2 shots. If you can keep personal skill maxed out every hive then the only standing between you and the top spot is luck and time played. You need to put in time to get lucky and find that game with the cake challenges. Every one knows the game killing challenges by now on the turret, to find a game with none of them is very hard. Only time played can help you out on that one. Not to mention each game has different amount of flares/hypnos/arks etc...

To be fair tho, from all the time you have to put in to find "THEE" game, you deserve the amazing score you get...No doubt about that.

Profound61904

it's probably a stupid question, but me being a guy who simply loves the game and trying to find new ways to create enjoyment playing it.  How do you get higher scores, what are the absolute factors in score chasing, the things you must do to keep the score up?  I play on XBOX ONE, so lobbies are non-existent anymore, so I play solo alot.  I agree with the luck factor, since when I play solo, I've been trying 6 relics, not a big fan of GT so seeing how far I can get without using it (except for last hive, I usually break down and use it there), I simply can't get through that hive without going down or getting constantly mauled, or the drill getting attacked, but depending on what challenges I get and how many flares/hypno's I get are a massive factor in how the game goes.  I find myself going down or failing challenges if I get the Leper or Kill cryptids in the air challenges. I have also started playing custom 2 player games with my son.  He doesn't run any relics, he doesn't like to, but have been trying to run 7 or 8 playing with him but my score simply doesn't seem to change.  What would I need to do in a 2 player COOP custom game with my son to get a reasonably high score?  I'm certainly not trying to be 1st place on the leaderboards, don't care about that, but just trying find something to peek my interest in playing, something to play for to try and feed my competitive drive to get better at something. Trying to better my personal best score would do that.

Darren_The_Rope

well, you can't score run with pub lobbies. Even though it's a team game, you won't get the required drops, protection and GT drops or kills to even get close. i think my best co-op in a pub lobby was 550K-ish, but that was 9 relics and I kinda stole his GT every now and then. (I played 3 games with him and I did drop money in my defense, lol)

famousaj

yeah, I didn't really mean I would do score runs in the lobbies, just that lobbies are pretty bad now, so I'm looking for something else to do, since I don't want to play in lobbies anymore, I could try and better my own scores playing 2 man with my son or playing solo.  But maybe scores are simply not an option since I guess there are certain points for dropping a certain amount?  2 players probably can't come close to dropping enough.

Currently my personal best is like 410,000 with 5 relics on solo.  I'm sure I can do better than that but not sure what matters for scoring.  so I'm probably not doing something I should to get higher score.

Darren_The_Rope

gotcha, watch any of Jons solo vids and he explains it quite a bit, solo and co-op. Stinky and slider might even be able to give you a few tips.

if you were ps4, we could make a run at it for fun. I'd have to check my solo score (i think I;ve done 6 relics) but my co-op for ps4 is 215-ish. It was my first attempt with a couple of folks here.

famousaj

personal skill - accuracy and damage taken - use body armor and dont shoot your weapon, turrets are used because the accuracy is not affected and kept 100%.

teamwork - on regular hives its 10 support drops/money pick ups. you can pick money up and it'll count towards it, sharing money however does not. dont spend money or abilities challenge. this is the effective way to get it throughout that hive. if a team mate goes down, it'll go down apparently. and damage dealt, the damage needed increases per area, unknown how much damage caps it. but the support drops do increase for barrier hives and such but regular hives its 10.

drill protection - self explanatory

challenge - self explanatory

relic bonus - per relic adds 20% extra score.

a friend asked me earlier so im adding that for anyone who didn't know.

10 relics co-op cant get cap teamwork, so there cap score is between 8 and 9 relic caps.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

Thanks famousJ and Vulture,

Personal Skill - so I use the MR 28 most of the time, never add burst fire, would missing a few times, say 70% accuracy drop points down that much?

Teamwork - what do you mean with those 2 challenges, drops don't matter for those?  or don't bother with those challenges? Do drops count in SOLO?

Drill Protection - is it bad to repair the drill?  or should you repair it if it goes down any or try to repair it soon before hive is done?

Thanks again.

Darren_The_Rope

personal skill - cant answer that

teamwork. what vulture is saying that during those two challenges, the only way to get a high team work score is to drop and pick up money while the challenge is active. (dropping and picking up does not fail those two challenges) depending on where you're at, do it quick, bc $hit can hit the fan, because you still gotta do everything else, i.e. watch the drill, take no damage, accuracy, etc.

drill protection - in general, yes. With that being said, if you're drill goes down that far, you've lost so many pts that it really won't matter.  If you get ZERO pts for drill protection early in the game, it's best to start over as you really can't  make up for that like you can with accuracy (i.e. you missed a few shots during a hive, so you can make it up by not missing. The amount you need to make up depends on how many times you missed).  Never repair it is my motto unless you are at a spot where you think you will fail the mission, but at that point you should re-evaluate your strategy and look for better places to sit. You can never be too prepared for a challenge!

famousaj

Studios