Increase with Rhino's on PoC? WHY?

SOLVED

Ghosts Extinction

I'm max prestige running 4 relics - Take more Damage, Slow regeneration, Slow movement & Limited

So I'm playing with new players was unable to view there Stats as it put me straight in but only a few levels in , we fail most of the challenges, So on the run back I Hypno 1 of the 2 Rhinos, no dramas then heading to the 1st Meteor maybe 6 Rhinos now , the Meteor lifts 2 more start unearthing , run through there maybe 5 more have come up, in all there was roughly 10 -13 Rhinos around - the map was riddled with Rhinos.

Can someone explain the cause of this? . I've never experienced so many Rhinos with new players in my 13+ days on any map, let alone PoC  

SLYD0G55
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's time based. If someone doesn't get to the first meteor before a certain time (3:20ish) then more Rhinos spawn. Just make sure at least one person gets to the first meteor if you don't want more rhinos than usual.

Stinky666
9 REPLIES 9

Its a glitch, it happens. On the bright side, it doesnt occur regularly so just enjoy slaying the rhinos if youre not on a score run.

Profound61904

Not sure on this, but it seems to happen more often when you kill both rhinos before leaving the area where they spawn.

Killwire

It's time based. If someone doesn't get to the first meteor before a certain time (3:20ish) then more Rhinos spawn. Just make sure at least one person gets to the first meteor if you don't want more rhinos than usual.

Stinky666

That makes a lot of sense, I started seeing more rhinos when I started staying in the cabin area to kill the first two rhinos before moving on.  I'm cool with more rhinos, if anything I wish they would give us mammoths now that we have all these upgrades

Frenchy_68
Highlighted

Might be time based, but Ive had 4 rhinos spawn right off the turn on a TWO player game, no way anybody had a chance to make it to the first meteor. On NF hardcore, Ive had 10 rhinos spawn on the 2nd to last hive and ruined our score game since the challenge was dont spend $ for 2 minutes. Its a glitch in the game, it happens. Nothing triggers it but bad luck/coding.

If youre not in a score game, consider yourself lucky. The extra rhinos adds to your spend rate/enjoyment.

Profound61904

Test it. You'll see. It may be different times each time, but that was/s a rough ball park for the extra ones spawning. It's happened ever since I remember. Most don't notice it because they 1) Run straight to the metoer and have sentries etc set up to kill everything, so camp with them, or 2) everyone can kill stuff as a team super fast, and still get to the meteor with enough time left before they spawn.

Stinky666

Right. But most of the times Ive had this happen to me, it was right off the bat, meaning all 4 rhinos spawned at once. 2 where they are supposed to and 2 more by the bulldog. Killed them all, got to the meteor with plenty of time to go and once again 4 more rhinos spawned in the original and once again 4 more spawned by the cabin after the 2nd meteor.

Profound61904

What I have had happen is similar to you. I get the normal 2 near the VKS area, then 2 more spawn at the first meteor. Then you get 2 more spawn in the next area near the bulldog (as usual) and 2 more will - again - spawn at the second meteor. However, I THINK if you kill all of those fast enough, you do indeed get even more (4 more - 2 from the first area, and 2 for the second, so 4 total).

I've had it where the above happens, but also where you just get the additional 2 per area (so 12 instead of 6).

Stinky666

Yup... this happens sometimes but not to often. This isn't just a POC issue... I recall having like 6 rhinos spawn on Awakening in the second area as well. I actually find it kind of fun when a bunch of rhinos spawn and I'm not expecting it.

EastSideRocks

Studios