Is there an Alternative Firing mode for the NX-1?

Ghosts Extinction

I am not sure if any of you have noticed... but i have played a few games where one of the players was able to fire the NX-1 using an alternative mode. Instead of a single bright shots, the shots fired are in a group of 5-7 rockets. From my understanding, those rockets are homing... Can anyone please shine some lights on this? Thanks!

tam421602
10 REPLIES 10

Sounds like your witnessing the MAAWs glitch. If your playing Exodus and see the MAAWs equipped in someones loadout, chances are they're gonna do the glitch. I just back out now when i spot 1 as i just cba with it. I mean if ppl want to glitch do it in a private game not in public lobbies... pfft yeah right

Richi_UK

Exactly this. It's seriously frustrating.

There are only 2 LEGIT ways of firing the NX1 Disruptor. They are: press and hold RT for it to full charge, or single fire using RT.

Stinky666

this glitch may be the one I hate the most!!  Absolutely no skill involved to play a match of Exodus, it's gross

Ran into one of these glitchers the other day who wouldn't let up a minute for us to get a shotty challenge.  srsly must have taped his controller's fire button down!

maddBomber

Hate that glitch with a passion, no idea why people do that unless it is just to troll.

ORourke27

They want lots of kills, but I still get more than them!! I don't get it. Aim down sight people, and shoot your primary. it's not difficult. Don't use stupid exploits like this. It ruins the game so much.

I'm like everyone else, as soon as I see someone with a MAAWs equipped (doesn't matter what prestige), I back out.

What's annoying about this is the fact that I may be backing out from a lot of innocent people who are not going to use it as a glitch, but I will never know.

Stinky666

I honestly have no idea what the maaws glitch is, but I really like the maaws and would hope people didn't back out of my lobby just because I have it equipped.

Killwire

This is my point from above unfortunately. I instantly see MAAWs, so back out. I'm not gonna be all "hey, I see you have the MAAWs equipped, will you by any chance be using the glitch?". For starters no one will say "yes" to that in a lobby, and secondly if I asked everyone that who i see using a MAAWs, I'd be too frustrated to play because it's ALL I'd be asking/saying.

Stinky666

That.. and also if you ask and they don't know, then they soon will. Granted not everyone who finds out will use it. There's probably alot of genuine MAAWs users out there but  unfortunately i'm the same, if i see it equipped i find a new lobby.

Richi_UK

Me also - that is, I have never seen this glitch, but I've heard about it from others. And it's really unfortunate that yet again someone would exploit and abuse something and wreck the game for others, because the MAAWS itself can be kind of fun to use.

I say kind of fun because it's fun every once and a while, but boring to use all the time. I find it's sort of up there with mortars (and for that matter, the vulture - which I admit I do like) in that it requires no skill to use. I also find that unless it's fully upgraded to +4 it's sort of useless, so you either sacrifice points for team support, class, etc. to get any practical benefit (which of course is not very good for the team) or you're resigned to using it only at the end of the game. Even then, unless there are hoards of targets - or you're spawn camping, which is boring - and you're not careful, it's not that efficient as a money maker. All of this aside, when it is doing work, it's sort of up there with the grenade turret in that it hogs kills and makes for a boring game for others.

At least with the sentries or the IMS you have to be strategic about where and when to deploy them, i.e., for best protection and so as not to blow certain challenges. Same for the vulture, plus it tends not to steal kills... so maybe not using it is not a bad thing...

Graedad

Studios