More fun wtf moments in extinction

Ghosts Extinction

Funniest moment yet....

Two of us played a game of NF with two randoms. Opened locker room, no problem with first challenge. As we finished a quick search around and were about to plant the drill, one of them (max prestige with 100+ escapes - and not a kid, either) announces - swear to god:

"I have to take a s**t [a - you know, a #2]. I'll be back in about fifteen minutes. You don't have to watch me if you don't want to, just revive me when I get back."

Mind you, this was five minutes into the game, and there was no suggestion of any condition that might necessitate an emergency trip to the facilities; only an unapologetic, matter of fact declaration that he had to go, as it were.

At first we were incredulous, but once we realized he was gone and AFK smack in the middle of the map, we lost it. As fate would have it the challenge was don't go into last stand, so I spent the round protecting him. It wasn't easy because we were cracking up and I could barely aim through tears of laughter, but we got the challenge. Next round was just as hard to focus as the jokes flew while cashing in on some free revives while the dude was (ahem) indisposed. What made it even funnier was the other random had no clue what was going on. A noob with 3 escapes who'd never beat the map, he was in the zone, mowing down cryptids with his first CSA and absolutely enthralled by the first ark he'd ever been given.

BM guy returned right on schedule, after about 15 minutes to find his avatar at full health. (One can only speculate, but after 15 minutes no doubt he himself was as thoroughly relieved as his character was well revived.) He picked right up where he left off as if nothing had happened, clearly finding nothing ironic or humorous in what had transpired. Which just made it that much funnier.

Say what you will about randoms, but they definitely keep the game interesting.

Graedad

Frickin hilarious...I had a guy a few days ago that went to the bathroom in between games...we waited about 15 minutes and he never came back...about an hour + later I get a message from him saying "Sorry, didn't go well, can't play anymore tonight"...wasn't sure how to respond to that one.

H2Oslider24

Don't even know where to start on this one so I'll throw out a few memorable ones.

Immediately after the first gate on Exodus, guy asks us to wait because "I need to do a line of Percocet" followed by chopping noises.

Same spot on Exodus, we're building disruptors and a guy hits the garage generator. We ask wtf he did that for and he says "The game told me to". He heard the AI voice that yells out "Start the generator!" and obeyed it.

Played a game on POC with a guy who told us he might not be able to finish the game because he'd been drinking. Second barrier hive his character is standing still and I hear muffled snorting noises from the guys mic. He apparently passed out face down on his mic, thought he was going to choke to death from the sound of it. We were all yelling to try and wake the guy up, didn't work. He never timed out and we had to quit because we couldn't activate the nuke.

ORourke27

Had someone fall asleep once mid way through POC once... we continued the rest of the way to the nuke in hopes he might wake up so we could get the escape, but no luck. Would have been frustrating if didn't know him, and we weren't having so much fun trying to wake him up.

Had a seriously intoxicated dude in a random lobby one night, one of those games where people readied up before anyone spoke or I realized this guy was packing a grenade turret. Worked out ok because he was a pleasant drunk, but more so because he could barely hit a thing - with the GT, it was hilarious! - and kept forgetting where he left it between hives.

Graedad

ORourke27 wrote:

Don't even know where to start on this one so I'll throw out a few memorable ones.

Immediately after the first gate on Exodus, guy asks us to wait because "I need to do a line of Percocet" followed by chopping noises.

Same spot on Exodus, we're building disruptors and a guy hits the garage generator. We ask wtf he did that for and he says "The game told me to". He heard the AI voice that yells out "Start the generator!" and obeyed it.

Played a game on POC with a guy who told us he might not be able to finish the game because he'd been drinking. Second barrier hive his character is standing still and I hear muffled snorting noises from the guys mic. He apparently passed out face down on his mic, thought he was going to choke to death from the sound of it. We were all yelling to try and wake the guy up, didn't work. He never timed out and we had to quit because we couldn't activate the nuke.

Same spot on Exodus, we're building disruptors and a guy hits the garage generator. We ask wtf he did that for and he says "The game told me to". He heard the AI voice that yells out "Start the generator!" and obeyed it. lol that's great

thebombsquad1

Wow, really need some XBOX ONE players.  Jumped in a lobby last night to play a quick game, figured ah, I'll play with some noobs, might be fun to get some new guys a completion.  got in a group with a guy with 2 completions, one with 10 or so, and a max prestige with over 300.  He and I both had CSA, he said he had all upgrades, so I figured, probably a good game.  He says he'll throw armor, so I change to Ferral.  He wants to throw CSA also, no problem, I said I would throw also when I had money so cool.  Playing POC and first 2 area were fine, Armor never came out, I asked a couple times, but he wouldn't throw it, said we don't need it, which I really don't, just didn't want to take any damage and would be nice for the noobs.  Got through first 2 areas quickly, they let me search since I had MS, found 3 arks, one for 3 of us, max prestige running hand guns only so we are good.  Plenty of flares, had myself a Hypno, all good right.  Get to 3rd area, first hive, start searching, guy finally throws armor, but yeah, all the way back at 2nd barrier, I figure I don't need it now anyway, screw it, don't want to go all the way back.  Find some more attachments for other guys, engineer sets drill.  seeker challenge, 3 of us are around the drill, I set some sentries to protect, engineer turns on traps, max prestige is running around by the barn, I say hey, get over here, don't get hit by seeker, silence, meteor spawns, he gets hit.  I'm oh well, just playing for fun, "how about some armor", silence, none.  second hive, 50% challenge, I set 2 sentries, noob turns on traps, noob sets IMS, other noob fires up vulture, I take a couple shots, 100%, good to go right.  Max Prestige using dual pistols with arks, unleashing at the ground with a hunter on him, I'm like "hey, 50%", silence, he is unloading his pistols and throwing ammo.  Oh well right, we can still get 10, and I'm playing for fun, screw it, I start shooting, again, no armor.  3rd hive in barn, don't go down challenge, no problem, max prestige is running around below, scares me a bit, but no issues, he actually threw armor once, no issues.  4th hive, trap challenge, very sharp engineer noob, sets drill, runs over sets water trap, stands in water, I set 2 sentries to protect drill, head over with him to draw cryptids.  Max prestige hangs at the drill, ask him to come help draw cryptids, silence (WTF, he hasn't hung around the drill the entire game), ask for at least armor, silence, no armor.  didn't get enough cryptids to come, challenge failed, 10 is a no go, now it's just get it completed.  Actually throws armor before last hive starts, I'm setting sentries, noobs are keeping IMS and vulture going, max prestige is doing nothing but running around shooting, spend challenge so we complete no problem.  Ready to set nuke, max prestige is running around doing god knows what while 3 of us are waiting.  I say "hey, you ready or what", he says "Oh, you guys are ready, OK"  comes over, I ask for armor, of course none thrown, I wait for a second to see if he is going to throw it, ask a couple times, no throw, so I toss ferral and set the nuke.  set a sentry, run back to meteor, set another sentry, shoot rhino, no issues, throw ferral again, plus ammo, meteor goes down, head toward 2nd meteor, hypno a rhino, (no armor of course), head to meteor, get hit by 4 scorpions and go down, noob revives me, I head to meteor, set a sentry, noob went down that go me up.  I head back, revive him, head back to meteor, throw ferral, meteor goes down, head to extraction.  Run backwards, see others, figure don't need to set a sentry, but run backwards, let guys pass me, one goes down (again no armor), use upgrade to revive him, shoot stuff while running backwards.  Get to the circle, look at clock, 1:48, turn around get in circle, looks like we are all there but when i get in circle we don't extract, wait a minute, 1 missing, of course max prestige.  Turn around and 3 rhinos are on top of us, about 2 seconds of us unloading pistols and we are all 3 down at the same time.  I say "hey, where you at" we are all down in the circle, get to the end, what the hell are you doing?"  Nothing, game is still going so I know he is somewhere, odd though, no sounds of shooting really.  Now I'm spectating and he is back in 2nd area running around.  I say "get back here c'mon", Timer starts beeping, He says "how much longer do we have?  Where are you guys?"  At this point I'm really frustrated, "C'mon, we are down at extraction".  He laughs and says "how did you all go down?"  I say "no armor of course".  I hear laughing in the background and he says "they are yelling at me cause I didn't throw armor".  he starts running back, gets to meteor spot, hear lots of laughing, "your not going to make it, ha, ha", in the background.  He goes down at meteor spot, game over.

Sorry for the long recap, but jesus that was frustrating, I'm pretty much done with lobbies.  Obviously this guy was subbing in for the max prestige guy, using his handle, and had no idea what he was doing.  No max prestige with over 300 escapes could be that stupid.  I'm fine playing with noobs, but really, that was frustrating not knowing ahead of time.  Colossal waste of time.  2 teeth (still trying to get DC).  If I know this is a noob using a max prestige handle, I run armor, carry the 3 of us through no problem, set some sentries at the end, shoot the rhinos, he goes down, 3 of us escape.  What a douche!

Again, sorry so long, had to vent!

Darren_The_Rope

There are a few of us who can sympathize because we've been in similar situations, so frustrating.

What time are usually on (GMT), as I'm on the 360 and One and don't mind trying to get a few games in with you, between playing with Stinky666 and trying to enjoy AW. Let me know and we'll try and arrange something

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator

I'm usually on in the evenings, couple times a week, eastern so 3 hours later than you I think.  Weekends are best, 11pm eastern or so, Friday night or Saturday night, would be 8pm or so on your end I think.

I have a 360 also (my 9 year old plays it mostly or I'd get rid of it), but don't have ghosts for it, maybe I'll get it though, is it cheap now for 360?  Anything pass over with my live account from the ONE?  like teeth or DLC's?  What are the numbers in the 360 lobbies?

Darren_The_Rope

Will try and get some games with you soon, not sure on price for Ghosts, numbers are a little better on the 360 but slowly dwindling with all the new game releases.

Your level, teeth, armoury upgrades and class set up should transfer across no problem, DLC is probably the issue, all content was upgradable to the One from the 360, not the other way round.

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator
Highlighted

ah, bummer, I wouldn't want to have to pay for all the DLC's again.  Bit too much being only for having a second place to play.  But yeah, look forward to have a game with ya.  Thanks

Darren_The_Rope

Studios