My poc coop high score is glitched.

Ghosts Extinction

I hve been called out as being a glitcher...which I am.  I used the GT glitch on POC.  I had no idea what I was doing or how it was cheating when I did it but ignorance is never an excuse.  Apologies to all those with legit hs ...my bad. I have never lay claim to be some great player in this forum or to anyone..I only claim to love the game...never said look at my score...look how great I am...but have still managed to piss people off I guess..  So I'm just another cheater?  Guess so.  Apologies again to those of you I have offended by using this glitch and best of luck to all of you.

Was a fun ride....very fun indeed.

H2Oslider24
15 REPLIES 15

To be honest, I've ignored the POC leaderboard for about half the year. I do frown upon players using the GT glitch to increase their escape score, but it should have been patched a long time ago. If you're attempting to beat the 'high score', you have to do it now sadly. If I were running support for anyone and the score runner demanded we did it, I would have a problem with that. Just for the record, I don't think any less of you as a human being for choosing to do this in a video game! I admit to carrying a GT and Sentry together on solo runs, and that is a glitch in itself. Sounds somewhat hypocritical, however one glitch is one of convenience and the other alters your final score considerably.

RetroDaddio

Your guys are both pathetic excuses for score runners. If you are going to complain about that then might as well just stop playing this game.

If you guys even remotely played POC long enough, you would know that even with this "glitch" at the end, the scores come out to be the same as long as your end score is high enough.

It is not like the scores alter EVERY time you do the glitch. If on POC regular you end 2 games at 555k and 555,216. You can bet your last dollar the scores will be 794k and 794.216. But you guys dont know this bcuz youre not score runners.

So stay in your lane and keep your 2 cents, bcuz thats all theyre worth.

Profound61904

Geesh, such hatred, what a jerk.  They are just making fun because your searching for gratification from everyone by posting what an awesome score you were able to achieve, and now your mad cause noone gives a crap.  No one really cares, that's the point.  If your proud of your score, awesome, but don't expect everyone in the world to be proud.  95% of the extinction players couldn't care less about score or the leaderboards since they are all cheaters and glitchers.  Your right in one thing, in order to compete on the leaderboards you have to cheat and use the glitches, so awesome job!   Your great, I don't care.  But it is fun to watch others get your riled up about how good you think you are!  It's a video game dude, much more important things in life than being good at cheating at a game, or being the best cheater.

Darren_The_Rope

still possible top 100 legit though c: some score runners actually care about highest 10 relic run, or 9 relics but no glitches! people care for different things. since on the 360 there are like 50 hackers already... people still compete while using the glitch. because score matters so much to them than being legit.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

RetroDaddio

LMFAO 10/10

Richi_UK

Retro- thanks for the reply as I have always valued your input and opinion and good to know my human being status in still intact..lol..  I have to admit I'm still "on the fence" about this whole glitching thing and have been thinking about it way more than I should.  On one hand I have all the people from the forum I most respect telling everyone how horribly wrong it is to use these glitches.  On the other is Profound, someone who, although usually entertaining, I have rarely seen eye-to-eye with on anything and pretty much would consider a forum troll, so the easy thing to do would be to just side with all my friends and bash Profound some more, which is what I did at 1st, but I honestly disagree- at least to a point.  Carrying the GT and sentry together is not a convenience on solo, it is a must.  Trying to move them separately would at the very least the game much harder and probably nearly impossible to get the same score.  I think to bash Profound for using the GT glitch on the run back unfair.  They are playing for score and simply use every advantage they know to achieve it. Their game play and teamwork was impressive whether they used glitches or not.  A LOT of people use these same glitches, but I have not seen any other team touch their score.  More impressive would be for them to record another run glitch free game and show the difference in scores between the 2...would be educational and good for the game.  Did they cheat?  Yes.  Did they manipulate the game to get a better score? Yes. Is Profound self-absorbed and self-promoting?  Yes.  But he didn't come on here claiming his score was glitch free..he came with a video, showing the glitches they used and how they did it.  There was no tricky editing (like I have seen elsewhere) with them cutting out the parts where they glitch and trying to claim it as legit.  They were just showing what is attainable if you choose to do so.  ALL glitches give an advantage, including the feral glitch Profound.  Yah..it's nothing to throw feral the whole game, but it's one more thing to do, it's a few more seconds off the GT to pick it up, so it is also an advantage, even if only a small one.  IF anyone is to blame, it would be the dev's for not patching this as soon as it was discovered.

Sorry this is soo long..like I said, I've been thinking about this way more than I should. I am not trying to change anyone pov...just express my own- at least for today...tomorrow I might feel different...it's tough balancing on this fence...and pointy..ouch.

One more thing- to all my friends in here who I deleted Sunday night in my drunken stupor- I hope you will accept my FR when they come...the morning after is never pretty.  Apologies.

H2Oslider24

i think our main issue isnt glitches in general. but the factor on how one can change or determine score as an end result! turrets are carried in-between hives. where as feral is still in play throughout, the money at the start helps teamwork etc early on. now, thats also a changing factor relating to score but the main issue is the escape which gives a 40k difference in hardcore. 32k regular. but its the escape that matters most! glitching to get more score. now im not falling out with you slider or anything but i disagree with anyone who ideals or initiates the glitch for score. because so many players had thought it'll be okay. it got up to this point. if people keep letting them go easy then they wont change. this'll happen in the next extinction! if everybody can just grow a pair and stop glitching and wanting that upper hand, then we wouldnt have been where we are today!

legit players need to voice out that we dislike how things have gotten with those willing to glitch. i dont blame you for your run. jon had suggested it to you. i just thought you reached a weak point at that moment and went along with it.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

Just to be clear...Jon did not suggest I do it...he explained what it was and gave me the option to do it or not...if I remember correctly ...Jon told me he did not do the glitch but that many score runners did and he had no quams one way or the other....my decision only.  Like I said before...I'm still on the fence ...I'm not sure if I regret doing it or nor and not sure if I wouldn't do it again...just being honest Vulture. I have great respect for you and all that you have contributed to the game and this forum...you have contributed more than anyone imo...I'm just not sure if its some great moral issue to use a glitch on a video game...if you try and claim you didn't...but you really did that's one thing....but that is not the case here.

H2Oslider24

Studios