"Severe Weather"

SOLVED

Ghosts Extinction

in reply to Clartikus1
Solution

extinction has a storyline?!?!?! Well, slap me silly and call be betsy!

I thought we were all just searching for tooths.

View solution in original post

NoOneIs_Safe

what are these teeths you speak of?

famousaj

I get so many tooth every games.

Killwire

Well observed.

I've pretty much given up trying to follow most game plot lines - although the writing is earnest and well intentioned, they all seem incomprehensible and over-reaching. No offense intended, but it's too bad game writers are paid on the same scale as movie and TV screenwriters.

Thanks for not sugar coating it...

Graedad

A+ for effort, however what's happened here is you've applied sensible human logic to a video game plot writer. I had issues with Dr. Cross having Phantom-esque abilities at the end of Exodus. Like, seriously?! Yes, yes ok, she was brainwashed by the Ancestors as a sleeper agent blah blah blah.. Since when did she gain the ability to teleport! Mind you, if the Extinction storyline gives you headaches, have you played Destiny?! Sample dialogue:

"I don't have time to explain, why I don't have time to explain."

Yes. Someone actually wrote that sh*t. I'd feel sorry for Peter Dinklage, but he's probably rolling in it by now.

RetroDaddio
Highlighted

The other lines that get me (both from Exodus) are:

• "What is she playing AT?" (apparently no one told the writer not to dangle a participle); and
  • "... Ancestor WARLORDS..." (warlords? is it just me or, doesn't that seem totally incongruous?)
Graedad

You would have to define incongruous first, before I can answer that!!  LOL

Screw the story lines, just give us more wacky maps to run around shoot wacky looking aliens!!  No need for any dialogue at all, Ha

Darren_The_Rope
  • "What is she playing AT?" (apparently no one told the writer not to dangle a participle);

"prepositions are never good to end sentences with"

roblair

I never understood the chopper leaving at the beginning in PoC. I mean, why can't the helicopter just drop us off at the nuke hive and be done with it? I know the dude says fuel is an issue, but he comes back twice?! It's seems like a pretty short distance anyways. If you're flying a chopper, you wouldn't get that close to being empty anyways...which leads me to this question. How far did he have to go to fuel up? Couldn't have been much farther than the nuke hive I presume? and last but not least, why have an extraction point so far away and back through the bloody mess we just created?

I know, I know....I'm just sayin...it's all fun! lol

famousaj

Also, why do we have to pay the attack helicopter? 

"I know you guys are saving the world, and we have this attack helicopter sitting around doing nothing, but your going to have to cover the gas and ammo out of pocket if you want the help".

Killwire

Studios