Ghosts Extinction

The craziest thing happened to me last night on Nightfall - we were fighting the breeder, and we got her down to 50% health or whatever where she goes and climbs up the building.  Well, I guess she stepped on me, which immediately downed me (and may have pushed me out of bounds?!?).

I then find myself at spawn, where I begin running back.  I then notice an on-screen message: "Hold X to revive player".  Still completely puzzled by everything that just happened, I stop to do that, and I guess I revived myself!!

Finally get back to the breeder with an army of cryptids on my tail, we defeat those, the breeder, match ends.  Three of us with 0 downs/0 revives, then there's me with 1 down/1 revive.  Either of those events ever happen to any of you before?

Footnote: I may just need to avoid Graedad and his hacked lobbies

maddBomber
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
in reply to maddBomber
Solution

I remember this bug. It's happened too many times. Only ever once too me specifically, usually it happens to other people in the lobby. It used to happen the most when NF first came out, and had the "fall under map bug". Where, enemies would fall under the map in a specific spot, so you could easily manipulate and cheat the rhino's, making them fall down there if you were not so great at killing them. However, also if you went down into last stand near that whole, you too would fall under, and no one would be able to revive. You could walk and run over the "whole" fine, but as soon as you went into last stand, BAM... haha

Stinky666
2 REPLIES 2

Was definitely weird man... with all the NF escapes all of us have between us (must be going on 2,000) this was definitely a new one.

Although I have seen medics revive themselves with the ability upgrade on more than one map, this was not that. It's almost like the game forgot you were there and instead of forcing you to "join team mates" for the final breeder fight it got confused and plunked you down at the tunnel spawn.

Fortunately it didn't disconnect you and you got the escape...

Graedad
Highlighted
in reply to maddBomber
Solution

I remember this bug. It's happened too many times. Only ever once too me specifically, usually it happens to other people in the lobby. It used to happen the most when NF first came out, and had the "fall under map bug". Where, enemies would fall under the map in a specific spot, so you could easily manipulate and cheat the rhino's, making them fall down there if you were not so great at killing them. However, also if you went down into last stand near that whole, you too would fall under, and no one would be able to revive. You could walk and run over the "whole" fine, but as soon as you went into last stand, BAM... haha

Stinky666

Studios