And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids and that damn dog

Ghosts General Discussion

This game is a huge change of pace, not just in game speed but how it actually functions. Pointstreaks are relatively ineffective which forces gun v gun combat. I love this about Ghosts and it bring a whole new level of intensity. Players just are sitting around for a few hundred points then riding ultra powerful airsupport to the finish.

That being said there is one Pointstreak that is owning me, Riley. He takes about as much damage as a player, I suspect more because so far Riley is the only living creature to survive a round from the Lynx (most powerful SR). He also keeps a fairly low profile and can launch a surprise attack from the most oblivious of locations and (I find this to be a huge flaw in the game) kill you from 5-10 feet out before he even touches you. It's because of this range that I'm finding it impossible to take him down and his owner.

The scariest thing is when each enemy player has a Riley. As I said before, they keep a low profile hiding in small corners and behind rumble normally looked over. Maps like Whiteout and Chasm are where Riley is most lethal. The constant changes in elevation allow him to easily move around undetectable. Playing modes like Domination are tough as you have to sit and wait out in the open. A smart player will suppress the aggressor while Riley flanks. A full team using Guard Dogs is basically a team of 12 as the dog is an equal threat if not more dangerous than the player.

Ghamorra Level 75
37 REPLIES 37

the thing takes more damage than a player, is harder to hit than a player ( thats not OP ?) 

only 5 kills to unlock it letting teams have multiple dogs at once is seriously OP , you should need 20 kills to unlock the dog , then it would be fine as most people would choose something else .

Krobolus

The dog can take at least three hits in the face with the most powerfull sniper rifle.

ATLW

The dog is hands down the worse killsteak ever put in a CoD game. It cant kill anyone, is easy to kill and gives away your position.  I was so happy once I took this POS off my bar and replaced it with IMS.  If your dying to the dog I don't know what to tell you man, why bother when the players have guns. If you cant kill an ungodly easy to kill dog you dont stand a chance in this game. By all means keep using this, I love the free 100xp I get for ending your killstreak because you picked a worthless one. 

ImOld6reg

agreed with ImOld6reg. I get killed the odd time with the dog, but most of the time he's a free 100 points. When I get the dog, he might get a kill about 30 percent of the time. The predator missile back in mw2 (was it 2?) was a lot better for a 5 kill streak.

However, I'm thrilled that killstreaks aren't OP.

DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko wrote:

agreed with ImOld6reg. I get killed the odd time with the dog, but most of the time he's a free 100 points. When I get the dog, he might get a kill about 30 percent of the time. The predator missile back in mw2 (was it 2?) was a lot better for a 5 kill streak.

However, I'm thrilled that killstreaks aren't OP.

Disagree. The dog takes almost an entire clip to kill most of the time. And the last time I was killed by a dog it was 20 feet away, then instantly was taking me down for the kill. Sorry, as much as I like calling the dog for myself, it is OP at the moment. But, then again, its not helped by the fact that we still have horrible lag. Worse then any day of lag on BO2, which I thought I'd never hear myself saying.

But, I am giving the devs a chance. I keep playing, hoping to start the game one day to find a patch ready to download that 1) either connects me to dedicated servers, or 2) adjusts the lag comp.

RunAndGun1

gives away your position ? that's all everything in this game does,

loud foot steps

to sat coms  ( and hitting start button to pull up map to see exactly where targets are )

to sonar pings when you kill an enemy

to oracle and see through walls,

to explosions that paint the target on the map

to amplify that voids dead silence ,

to the sound of gun fire

etc etc, there are proably another 3 or 4 things i am forgetting on ways this game gives away your position lol

Krobolus

The lunge can also be dodged with a sidestep. Just hipfire while strafing and that's fast enough to dodge Riley's jump attack in most situations. If you do it while ADS'd, chances are you're going to get bitten. All this happen in a split seconds so if you fail to kill the player then you will most likely fail.

I love Riley. He's my companion whenever I camp. I feels like it's my duty to protect him and whenever I get killed, I always hope that the dog survives. I don't even care about the Martyr Dog, all I care is he comes back to me when I respawn. IW succeeded in forming a bond between the player and their dog.

Run_N_Gunning_C

I agree, there's a bond made with Riley, however, he can take a ton of damage.

Ghamorra Level 75

I honestly feel that they already toned down Riley. I was playing before the release and back then, it felt like Riley can take more punishment.

Run_N_Gunning_C

Studios