Could We See These Changes?

Ghosts General Discussion

Could We See These Changes?

The game has been out for a while and I've noticed something's that have not been mentioned in the forums yet. So I'm just curious on if we will be seeing some unofficial changes being made? Here's what I think should be changed/fixed.

The Support Squadmate needs to be nerfed in Hardcore, drastically! They require an entire clip to put down, if not more. While you have to use a lot of ammo to drop them, they drop you in one shot. Not only is it in one shot, but they shoot you before they even have their pistol out. Even from a distance they can kill you in one shot. There was a final killcam of a Support Squadmate shooting someone from the railroads (Aplha side) to the third store window (Charlie). That far away takes us a few rounds, but for him, one round. That's a little over powered.

Secondly, the Blast Shield needs to be toned down as well. Two grenades to kill someone using it, sure. But three to four grenades in Hardcore is too much. This one is simple.

This one is kind of up in the air, but if I'm running with Incog, off the grid, blind eye, and dead silence then the guard dog shouldn't instantly know where I am. Not just when I'm sniping, it's even running around. I'll be running up some stairs only to be greeted half way up by the guard dog. That's a little much.

I do only play Hardcore, so I am just going off of that, but one thing that people have been saying for a long time, myself included, is that the noobtubes need to be either blocked from Hardcore or they need to be nerfed badly. There should also be a timer on them as well. So that people can't tube right off the spawn.

Another change I would like to see, is that if I join a lobby by myself, then teams (3 or more to a group) should have something to indicate such. I hate playing against clans when I'm on a team full of random people. Before anyone says, "Well just team up." That's a little hard to do all the time when you live on your own, your hours change from day to day, and your friends are all in a different schedule. I would also love to see Mercenary Core and Hardcore as well. These have all the same game modes, but there are no teams. Games in these lobbies do nothing for clans as well.

Finally, I'd like to suggest that the perk Ping be changed to something that is useful in Hardcore. Originally I thought it was going to be like Recon, but now I'm kind of glad it's not. However, I do think that if I kill someone while using Ping, and someone is within the radius not using incog/off the grid, then there should be a sound or something that let's your team know someone is around them. In Hardcore, we only have a radar when it's called in, so the perks that rely on the radar are pretty much pointless in Hardcore.

That's all I have right now. If anything else comes up, I'll try to update this.

Arcaver
10 REPLIES

Re: Could We See These Changes?

in reply to Arcaver

Support mate... they are easy to take down with armor piercing rounds.

Blast Shield... danger close will kill like they aren't using it.

Dog... it's a bit much with how it will run across the map to bite you. Otherwise... meh.

Tubes... there's no problem with them. Very much disagree.

Parties... sorry, but you really do just need to make friends for gaming. COD is best experienced with a team. Merc modes for lonewolfs have been tried and barely played. Have a mic... chat it up... and you will meet good folks to game with.

Ping... yeah... totally worthless in HC. But I find it worthless in core, too.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Their BV is equal to about 3 or 4 Support Package BVs. I'm all for making Poinstreaks worthwhile but anymore with the number of Dogs and Squadmates that I see you almost required to use them. Being AI they can kill you whenever the want, especially in HC where nearly every gun is a 1-2 shot kill.

I think a possible solution is having a timer on their armor. After 1 minute they lose it and receive 100 health. Dogs particularly because they're so damn hard to spot on super tight maps like Flooded or Termor make them incredibly useful. You have at most a second to react. Once Riley is within range to engage you're insta-killed. If you get a bullet or two off it doesn't even matter. He's still got enough health to survive 4 or 5 more attacks.

Ghamorra Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

The Guard Dog has about as much health as a player with Ballistic Vest. Whenever I use the dog I get no more then 2 kills with it if I'm lucky. Once, just once, I had one guard dog go ham & kill about 10 people but I think that was because the other team were either high, drunk, retarded or a combination of the 3.

Now I believe the Guard Dog should instantly die if it gets knifed. Numerous times I knifed the dog right as it bit me only to die & it live. Makes for a funny killcam.

Spoil-t2

in reply to Spoil-t2

Spoil-t wrote:

The Guard Dog has about as much health as a player with Ballistic Vest.

It has way more than that. I run FMJ on my SR and pistol both and it takes on round from my L115 and about 5 more with my pistol. By my math that's roughly 200 (much more but I'm low balling) damage and whatever added effect the FMJ gives. From my experiences I'd wager that a BV protects you from no more than one single round, so give or take 30 health.

Ghamorra Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Ballistic Vests add 150 non-recoverable armour to your 100 health. Using Armour-Piercing Rounds will completely ignore the ballistic vests.

Armour-Piercing Rounds do nothing special to Guard Dogs, they act like normal bullets. Guard Dog has 250 health.

Gambitual

in reply to Arcaver

Just a couple of thoughts.

You do realize dogs have an acute sense of smell, right?  There isn't a perk in the game that covers up your scent.  I realize it's a video game, but it's a reason they should still be able to tell where you are.

I don't like Ping anyway, HC or not.  I thought it would work well with Hardline since you get rewarded for assists, but I never noticed people reacting to it in time for me to get the assist.  Dropped it and never looked back.

Peace

COTIARA

in reply to COTIARA

So since you're wanting to bring the dog's sense of smell into the factor, let's also bring in another realistic factor. Like when we shoot the dog in the face, or anywhere there's not a vest. Honestly it should be a one shot kill when it comes to that. However, yes I do believe that if I'm running a stealth class regardless if I'm running or sniping, the dog shouldn't know where we are unless we start shooting at it. After we kill the person that called it in, that's fine.

As for the Support Squadmate, it's not that easy in Hardcore when the guy is walking towards you with his shield in front of him. Even with armor piercing, it should only be a couple of shots. Just like anyone else who is running with Ballistic Vest. Couple of shots, and that's it. His weapon usage though, does need to be needed. He's bashing people 10 feet away with the shield, and shooting people before he even gets his gun out, and killing them with one shot. That's overpowered. I use the Support Squadmate in Domination, so I'm not just hating on them. They speed up flag captures when you're on a team full of retards who just wanna play team death match in domination. But even when I use them, I know they're overpowered.

I use Ping when I'm sniping and sometimes it does help, so it has it uses. However, the uses stop when the radar goes back down. I think there should be something in Hardcore for this Perk instead of keeping it almost as useless as ICU or Takedown in Hardcore. Just have it tell the player who is in range of the ping, "Check those corners!", or "Enemy in your AoO (Area of Operation)!" This would be very useful in objective game modes when people have everyone muted.

I would like to see a better call out system than what's in place. "Enemy's by the red brick building!" Seriously? There's like 4 red brick buildings. Or how about the, "Enemy in the open!" That tells me nothing. There's a lot of "open". Why not, "Enemy at you 9" or something so we know which way to look in the "open".

As for Blast Shield, that's not a valid answer. Danger Close takes up for points to Blast Shields 2. If that's supposed to be the answer to it, then either increase Blast Shields point requirement, or reduce Danger Close's point requirement. However, in Hardcore, Blast Shield shouldn't require me to hit someone with 4 Semtex grenades to kill them. It should just be two and done. I was stuck in B on Strike zone while an entire clan had riot shields on their backs, blast shields, and lmgs. I got 3 hits with a Semtex, two with Thermobaric, and then finally killed the guy with a 4th Semtex. Unacceptable. Each one I threw hit him with the blast and it wasn't until the forth Semtex until he finally died from all of it.

As for the parties, who  I supposed to "chat it up" with? The guy I have to mute because he wants to play his garbage music, the 13 year old microphone tough guy, or the other guy who mutes everyone? I remember the Merc lobbies, but that was all before they really started pushing these Clan Wars and stuff like that. Have you ever joined a lobby and watched what happens when a clan or team of six joins in? It takes FOREVER for the game to start because everyone backs out so they don't have to deal with it. I'm not against parties, but maybe it should just be Parties vs Parties. That way people aren't forced on a team full of randoms versus a team that's organized. I've tried chatting it up, sometimes it goes pretty easy, but most of the time not so much. People just wanna try to be tough or try to talk trash without their voices cracking. I just want a team that is going to play like a team and not like it's their first time ever at playing Call of Duty.

Sorry for the edit, I have to reply back from my phone. I don't own a computer.

Arcaver

in reply to Arcaver

arcaver wrote:

So since you're wanting to bring the dog's sense of smell into the factor, let's also bring in another realistic factor. Like when we shoot the dog in the face, or anywhere there's not a vest. Honestly it should be a one shot kill when it comes to that. However, yes I do believe that if I'm running a stealth class regardless if I'm running or sniping, the dog shouldn't know where we are unless we start shooting at it. After we kill the person that called it in, that's fine.

As for the Support Squadmate, it's not that easy in Hardcore when the guy is walking towards you with his shield in front of him. Even with armor piercing, it should only be a couple of shots. Just like anyone else who is running with Ballistic Vest. Couple of shots, and that's it. His weapon usage though, does need to be needed. He's bashing people 10 feet away with the shield, and shooting people before he even gets his gun out, and killing them with one shot. That's overpowered. I use the Support Squadmate in Domination, so I'm not just hating on them. They speed up flag captures when you're on a team full of retards who just wanna play team death match in domination. But even when I use them, I know they're overpowered.

I use Ping when I'm sniping and sometimes it does help, so it has it uses. However, the uses stop when the radar goes back down. I think there should be something in Hardcore for this Perk instead of keeping it almost as useless as ICU or Takedown in Hardcore. Just have it tell the player who is in range of the ping, "Check those corners!", or "Enemy in your AoO (Area of Operation)!" This would be very useful in objective game modes when people have everyone muted.

I would like to see a better call out system than what's in place. "Enemy's by the red brick building!" Seriously? There's like 4 red brick buildings. Or how about the, "Enemy in the open!" That tells me nothing. There's a lot of "open". Why not, "Enemy at you 9" or something so we know which way to look in the "open".

As for Blast Shield, that's not a valid answer. Danger Close takes up for points to Blast Shields 2. If that's supposed to be the answer to it, then either increase Blast Shields point requirement, or reduce Danger Close's point requirement. However, in Hardcore, Blast Shield shouldn't require me to hit someone with 4 Semtex grenades to kill them. It should just be two and done. I was stuck in B on Strike zone while an entire clan had riot shields on their backs, blast shields, and lmgs. I got 3 hits with a Semtex, two with Thermobaric, and then finally killed the guy with a 4th Semtex. Unacceptable. Each one I threw hit him with the blast and it wasn't until the forth Semtex until he finally died from all of it.

As for the parties, who  I supposed to "chat it up" with? The guy I have to mute because he wants to play his garbage music, the 13 year old microphone tough guy, or the other guy who mutes everyone? I remember the Merc lobbies, but that was all before they really started pushing these Clan Wars and stuff like that. Have you ever joined a lobby and watched what happens when a clan or team of six joins in? It takes FOREVER for the game to start because everyone backs out so they don't have to deal with it. I'm not against parties, but maybe it should just be Parties vs Parties. That way people aren't forced on a team full of randoms versus a team that's organized. I've tried chatting it up, sometimes it goes pretty easy, but most of the time not so much. People just wanna try to be tough or try to talk trash without their voices cracking. I just want a team that is going to play like a team and not like it's their first time ever at playing Call of Duty.

Sorry for the edit, I have to reply back from my phone. I don't own a computer.

The minion isn't OP. I use it a llot. Sometimes it's a holy terror... sometimes it's killed in 2.35 seconds. That's not OP.

Blast shield is working as intended... I have issues wih it but not because it works. It should diiminish over time. You can't tell by sight if someone is using. But it's great to hit them with DC and listen to the whine "WTF... I've got blast shield... this is BS!!!" Blast shield doesn't stop bullets... you just have to shoot them.

There are a lot of BK's in the community.... and just as many good ones. I'm on the squad that is a full crew from a clan and I see the lobbies take forever to load sometimes. Is what it is. But sometimes we have a random on our team... sometimes they have a mic and work with the team. And have fun. Because we calll things out... and laugh at stupid crap.

The in game call outs are very effectiive and specific. You need to discern location of the player relative to you and you can have a really good idea where the enemy was seen. Even wih "Enemy iin the open". But you have to know where you are, where your mates are, and the map layout.

And yes.... all of these comments are in relation to the HC experience. It's all I play when there isn't a clan war.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

in reply to Arcaver

I don't know if the Support Squadmate has adjusted health for HC, but it should. Than again, it honestly isn't a big deal if he has normal health and a ballistic vest. As for the shooting problem, that is just de-sync issues with the shield. You should give your Squadmate an Ammo Crate for added fun.

I believe the Guard Dog could do with some weapon and/or body multipliers. For example, snipers do more than the set 98 damage by default just because it is a more powerful round. As for body multipliers, maybe give increases to the head and decreases to the vest. However, I really don't have a problem with the Guard Dog.

So a perk is useless in HC? I don't mean to be mean, but get over it. As you said, ICU is useless. So is Focus. It is the name of the game. Just take off Ping and put Hardline on.

Blast Shield needs to be buffed and/or Danger Close needs to be nerfed or removed if anything. I honestly believe you are over-exaggerating your Semtex count. If it bothers you so much, just play HC with Extra Tactical Thermobarics.

Gambitual

Studios