How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?

Ghosts General Discussion

Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming...

in reply to Dracodarkcross

I think either guns included in the map packs or gun packs would be better then selling them by themselves it would be cool if they released gun packs from all the previous CoDs what a laugh it would be to see all the op guns going against each other. On a serious note gun dlc is a huge money maker and possibility in my book they have to apply it right to make it work though.

Adam1234567893

in reply to Adam1234567893

If they sell you a traditional UAV, would you buy it?

Run_N_Gunning_C

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Something like that sure if it was included in a map pack lol.

Adam1234567893

I would definitely buy it in a heartbeat. I hope they put it on the microtransaction market.

Run_N_Gunning_C

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Hopefully they have something as epic as putting all the old equipment and weapons and killstreaks back in if they did it all in one massive pack or split them up and put them in a map pack I would get it.

Adam1234567893

How about instead of bitching like idiots, we can agree to include them with the season pass/map packs.

And if you look at bf3's dlc weapons, the only truly good weapon was the FAMAS. The rest were pretty shitty if you ask me.

StopTheMadness1

In all honesty I don't like weapon DLC even though I buy all the packs.

To me it support "Pay to Win".

Now before someone bites my head off, even if it is not giving a massive advantage its still a weapon others can't use and it does feel like an unfair advantage, sure I can kill them with blah weapon but they have blah weapon which I don't have it. It isn't fair and does grant an advantage.

I mean in HC most people love the PK as its basically an Assault Rife but with SMG stats. I remember playing without the DLC for a week while sorting out errors with my bank and it was horrible not having a weapon everyone else has access too.

In my opinion gun DLC in a game like CoD isn't necessary and I really wouldn't like it to make an appearance.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

Pay to win isn't having something someone doesn't have it's having something stronger then what people have access to if they keep weapon DLC balanced I see no problem with weapon DLC.

Adam1234567893

@Adam1234567893

The problem  is it only takes one slip up and you've got an OP gun, we've seen it before. Weapon DLC does grant an unfair advantage by the simple fact that some people won't be able to use that weapon, ever.

Weapon DLC should either be free or not included at all.

Even if a weapon is balanced, simply not having access too it can grant an advantage, even if it slight.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

How is having something someone else doesn't have an unfair advantage? So what you are saying is if they put a weapon in the game that was a 7 hit kill had to much recoil and had a 3 second weapon reload time and I bought it and you were using a accurate 2 hit kill gun that I would have the advantage? It's not a problem if they put weapon DLC in a map pack cause the people who didn't buy the map pack wouldn't be playing with the people who bought it so it doesn't have to be free. I can agree that if they put the gun as a micro transaction then yes it should be free if the gun was already in a previous CoD then yes it should be free as well if they do it right by either making it free or putting it in the map packs then I see no problem with weapon DLC because the fact it makes more options and it keeps things interesting.

Adam1234567893

Studios