It's been over a week...

Ghosts General Discussion

It's been over a week...

...since I've complained about the spawns and they still haven't gotten any better. I know these things can't happen overnight but I want to make sure that those who are capable of doing so are aware that it's still a huge issue. Ghosts would be damn near perfect if the spawns weren't so bad. As others suggested in my last thread I've started to searching for the player I kill in the immediate area that I killed them. It works a lot more than I would like it too.

Some things I've noticed, and it's not really anything new, is that the spawns are not flipping or flipping too soon. I'm not sure why it's so unbalanced on both extremes but it is. As I've said before, map design is a big reason but after seeing the new DLC maps I've concluded that the developers of the game don't feel the same. Ruins is probably the worst designed map I've seen. Playing a few FFA matches I can't say there's even close to a reasonable spawn point. Every spawn is middle of a long open path or right at the corner of a three way split. Pick your poison.

I hope that they at least experiment with spawn logic and it's relationship with map design. I'm certain they'll find interesting results between maps with designed spawns and maps with random spawns.

Ghamorra Level 75
13 REPLIES

Re: It's been over a week...

in reply to Ghamorra

It's interesting how the spawns in this game have amplified other major topics/issues in the game.  Many people complain about the camping in this game being out of control.  Want to know why people are camping?  They are downright terrified to move from their spot!  I know that sounds silly and obvious, but thinking back to how many of my deaths are from getting shot in the back out of an enemy players spawn point, it makes sense that people seek to prevent it in this way.

Something that has become a tactic for me recently is that I will spawn and stand there for three seconds (yes, I count it out in my head), and this will literally net me at least one kill in every almost every game I play.  I collected a little data from playing on the new maps this morning...

Tactic: Three second wait period post respawn

Games Played: 23

Games Where one kill was earned: 18

Games Where two kills were earned: 4

Games Where 3+ kills were earned: 1

My biggest hope is that the spawn issues are dealt with in the big May or June update, but until then, we'll just have to make do with what we are given.

gramthenOOb

in reply to gramthenOOb

I did this today. I was spawn killed 3 times each from a different spawn point. It was like no matter where I spawned I was in danger. So I stopped waited and though I didn't kill the guy immediately I did see someone run past me into a building. Inside the building I killed him.

Ghamorra Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Nice! Yeah, it's a game of adaptation.  I've adapted my strategy to fit the current state of the game.  6 months from now, when COD AW releases, I'll adapt my strategy again.  Although it can be frustrating, I'm afraid we're at the mercy of the game logic.  Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way though.

gramthenOOb

in reply to Ghamorra

The only logic to the spawns in this game is that there is no logic...

I had a few suspect spawns in the FFA games we were playing last night and some of you guys spawned not to far away from my sight line

You can't cure stupid, but you can sedate it.
Blood, Sweat and Beers.
gambit1969 Level 71

in reply to gambit1969

The game on Ruins was stupid. Several times I didn't move before someone ran in front of me. Had I moved they could have knifed me in the back.

A couple of pub matches we played I would start out great then go on some really bad deathstreaks. Nothing like being +10 in kills to even in less than a minute.

Ghamorra Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I absolutely find this to be a big problem for me as well.  I'll be going 8-2, but then will suffer through five or more spawn kills in the span of a minute.  I think the most frustrating thing is that 5 minutes of hard work can be erased completely in a fraction of the time by something that is out of our control. 

I think my greatest pet peeve is those kills where you spawn while the enemy is looking at you.  It literally leaves you with no time to react, and no preventative measures can be taken.  If nothing else, these should be prevented.

Just today, I was on the delivering end of one of these cases (Map was unearthed).  The enemy player literally appeared about shotgun range in front of me with his back turned.  I killed him, obviously, but made a point of apologizing after the game.  I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THAT. 

I think the issue is amplified on the new maps.  Less data has been collected on how to improve the spawn points on these maps.  That being said, you would think that the beta testers at IW would test their maps and see the problem.

gramthenOOb

in reply to gramthenOOb

I don't think it has a lot to do with data rather it's just common sense that's lacking. Why, I any shape, way, or form, is a possible spawn point in the middle of path where there's no way to go other than down a long line of sight? If you think about it, it's really no different than spawning in the middle of an open room. Or why are there spawn points that place you in the center of a maze?

They build these maps so that every inch has a high level of playability. Instead they should design parts of the map for spawning. So what if it's a good camping spot, that means it's also a good spawn point.

Ghamorra Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I agree.  I don't know why they had such a big issue doing so though (siege, whiteout, overlord, etc).  Plenty of space on many of the maps (Siege could literally be two maps), yet they choose to have players respawn in the same 30 meter circle.  Why? I have no idea.

gramthenOOb

in reply to Ghamorra

I posted a topic the other week about the spawn system,

not sure why but it seems to have gotten alot worse the last couple of weeks, so bad in fact that i just played a couple of games in the TDM/KC playlist on the new maps (PS4) where both times (2 different maps, Dome and the excavator one) our team was being spawn trapped.... Since when has spawn trapping been possible in TDM?

No matter what happened we were constantly being spawned into a.) enemy fire or b.) enemy IMS' and Sentry Guns.

The first game i didnt really pay too much attention because i joined halfway through but the second game i played from the start and within roughly 30 seconds of the game starting i noticed IMS' at virtually every spawn point.

Surely it cant be that hard with the maps the size that they are in this game and it only being 6v6 (for the most part) to design a system where it can spawn you into a safe area.

I got killed in another game earlier tonight, was then respawned knifing distance from the guy that had just killed me, another game i got spawned right into the middle of two enemies, needless to say that life didnt last very long. Even had a spawn where my gun wasnt even ready and i was knifed.

Not sure what the problem is, it was fine(ish) when the game first came out on PS4, i switched over to XBOX ONE around february time and it seemed fine over there, switched back to PS4 3 or so weeks ago and the spawns have been terrible, more offen than not its making the game not worth playing.

Unfortunatly i cant see much improvement being made with this game now, we might get a few tweaks here and there but i very much doubt with 5 months until the new game launches they'll bother designing a new system.

Best im hoping for is a completely new system for AW, mind you from what ive seen so far thats not really interesting me much either at the moment.

Its a shame, i like ghosts for the most part but the way the spawns are at the moment to me at least its not even worth bothering with it.

ITS_SURRIDGE

Studios