Many people are leaving the game on the Wii U, the player today are the half than the first week, I've heard many oalyers are getting bored on the PS3 too
This the first time that it happens to me, it feels like I've wasted 70€
These are the problems:
1) Few game modes (less than any other Call of Duty from MWR to BO2) --> only on wii u of course
2) Wonderful big maps ruined by only 12 players why no 18 players as BO2??
3) The game gives everything it got immediately, so after few matches you have already seen everything. No surprises after a couple of weeks
4) There's no reason to prestige, you don't get anything useful with the prestige
5) Extremely easy quickscoping and knifing make this a game for noobs -.-'
6) Few statistics (I love the way treyarch cares about statistics and options, i never liked the way Infinity ward neglects this things)
7) Stupid and very annoying respawn points that invites you to turn off the console -.- People are tired to be killed by an enemy that respawns at your back, ruining their series, same for the people that dies a second after the respawn because they respawn in front of an enemy. I know you made this because maps are enormous and players are only 6 for every team, so if they respawn next to an enemy they don't have to run for a long time before they can find an enemy, but you made a mistake making respawns so next to each other.
8) No diamonds, no reason to prestige the weapon
9) No reason to up your level, you can unlock the weapons simply using the tokens, same for the equipments and perks
10) Bullet damage too high, impossible to escape when you are under fire
I hope the guys of Treyarch read this and don't make the same mistakes with the next call of duty.
I think i will drop this game before christmas, many friends of mine have already dropped it
I feel you. I too am frustrated by Ghosts. I also believe the spawns were made the way they are because of the larger maps. But, the fact is that matches aren't improved from the spawns and the matches are fine with the large maps. Its only when people start camping do the matches seem to slow down. The maps are fine.
My personal beliefs on weapons is that the weapons are not so much over-powered as they seem. It's the lag that makes them seem over powered because you don't see all the bullets being shot at you. In the killcam, you see that you were actually shot at with several bullets, but the lag "hides" this fact. That's my view on this topic. When we see COD played solely on dedicated servers, I'm betting that lag will no longer be an issue.
I'm prestige 2 level 10 and I think I'm on a dedicated server since I never had even one host migration. I'm still dying in what seems to be a one shot on my screen but the killcam shows him spraying. I know the killcams are inaccurate but even up against bots in a Local match, I'm still dying just as fast. These weapons are what would be considered as very OP in BO2.
The lack of host migrations does not indicate Dedicated servers in my opinion, I was playing the other night with a friend, the connection was horrible, choppy,laggy etc. To my surprise the host did not migrate whereas in the past it would've.
I just think these games are not meant to migrate too often, after all they don't show us any ping or give us any idea who is host?
I'm pretty sure I'm not on ded' servers as I live in the middle of nowhere
But at least it's picturesque
When people are reporting host migrations left and right and I'm not getting any for two prestiges in Ghosts, it suggest that my connection is different. When they were testing out the servers in BO2 on XBOX, I never had host migrations, too. When they were done testing, I was getting 2-3 host migrations on a good day. On a bad day, I was getting more.
The host migrations aren't caused by the server, they're caused by the player who's chosen as host who decides to leave the match. Causing the server to look for a "new" host. The server isn't dedicated. The server is connecting all the players together, and chooses one player - supposedly with the best connection - to "act" as the host of the match.
When I'm playing and I see a host migration under way, I usually leave because 9 times out of 10 I am chosen as the new host of that match because I have a good connection. That's why I get pissed when I hear people suggest that my connection is the cause of lag and my crappy experience. Bring in dedicated servers and we will all have a better experience.
Two new systems just came out with lots of new games. I for one play cod more than i should, but even i have taken a break to play some new stuff on my PS4. In reality cod on Ps4, other than some tweaks feels about the same, I really wish IW would have blow our minds, but then when have they ever?
Don't fret little man the players will return once they stretch their legs. Its supply and demand and right now there is alot of supply for gaming. Seriously, who in there right mind would play contrast unless it was new on a new system.
There is clearly no pleasing all players if all those issues are ruining your experience, or feel wasted your best answer is to stop playing.
And the same was said about BO2 by some other guy, to me its just a choice to continue or not.