Smoke em if you got em

Ghosts General Discussion

Smoke em if you got em

I Don't get it. I kill people inside my own smoke all the time but it still says 0/20. Anybody know how to do it fast and easy?...

Mammas_flicka_
8 REPLIES

Re: Smoke em if you got em

in reply to Mammas_flicka_

I am having the same problem, I have killed literally hundreds that were inside my smoke and while I am in my own smoke. My setup for this challenge has been 2 x smokes with a tracker sight on domination games.

Sch4effer
Highlighted

I had the same operation a little while ago, but never got progress.  Any idea whether it has to be a certain situation?  You in the smoke and the enemy outside of it, or you outside and the enemy inside? (seems strange to do it that way, though)  I would figure having both players inside would be a sure credit though...

OP, maybe change your thread title to reference the specific info you're looking for (how to progress the operation), some may misinterpret what the thread is discussing.

Balmung03

in reply to Balmung03

are we talking about playing stoned?

obadagibidan

in reply to obadagibidan

Ohhh that's the problem! I just blew the smoke on the television and thought it would recognize it! Lol.

Mammas_flicka_

in reply to Balmung03

I've done all scenarios, no luck.

Me inside, killing someone outside.
Me outside, killing someone inside.

Both inside, killing him.

I just decided to drop the challenge. It's f***ed up.

Mammas_flicka_

There may be a glitch that needs to be fixed. If you're trying to kill opponents inside your smoke on TDM, forget it.

In Dom, drop a C4 on the flag. I mean right there on it touching the very center of the flag. Then drop your smoke right there with it. May take a little practice to get the smoke nade to bounce just a tad. Then ... OMG ... camp and wait for someone to try capping the flag. Double X and there you go.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
nuttin2say

in reply to nuttin2say

Double square* Yeah thanks I will try this. Maybe I can get it to work.

Mammas_flicka_

It's so late in the game (4 years already), i was thinking nobody really cares any more, but i can confirm that the ENEMY has to be inside YOUR smoke.

My operation was Tier II 39/40, and praying for this last victim for my patch, and when the pop-up message showed on my screen, i was so happy and excited i wanted to share this moment with anyone still interested.

FYI, my perks included [Reflex] + [Incog] + [Extra Tact] to aid with faster throw and an extra chance per life. I used Maverick with thermal, that's just my preference over tracker.

Going into more details, imagine you are chasing right behind a poor victim. You throw a smoke grenade with perfect distance, in a manner which when the grenade makes a "bang" sound (not the hissing sound), the poor victim would step right on that grenade. Since you are chasing right behind the victim, you empty the whole magazine of your mighty Maverick onto that victim, thus successfully "smoking" the victim (pun intended here). Follow this scenario just once in a match, check your operations after the match, and confirm it yourself whether it was counted or not.

Just for the record, my exact scenario was, this poor victim was running perpendicular from me, in other words, running from my right side to the left side of my screen. I threw my smoke grenade, and when it made the "bang" sound, the victim was running just behind the grenade. Using my quick wit, i was able to knock this victim out as soon as the foot passed the grenade.

I don't think the smoke even came out when i knocked the victim out. Maybe it was right when the smoke was starting to come out, i'm not too sure. The most important points to remember, (1) i was NOT inside my smoke grenade area and (2) the enemy was INSIDE my smoke grenade area.

Some have suggested you have to kill the enemy before the hissing sound stops. If you give it a try and works okay, please reply your confirmation. Hope i helped some Patch-Hunters today Smiley Very Happy

BluddyChrispy6139

Studios