Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II

Ghosts PlayStation 3

Of course there is a match making system.  If it just lumped you in with whoever was next on the list, the game would run terrible.  Do you mean skill based match making?

Highwayman0226

Who told you there is no matchmaking system? So they pay Demonware for what?

ChestSplittah

Where are all the players with crappy connections that are complaining about this? There is a  very distinct and noticeable pattern of people with high-speed internet complaining about connection issues, but you rarely see those with poor service complaining. The missed boat in the second post says a lot.

Poster A- "Hey, I think my internet is too good because my game plays horrible"

Poster B- "Hey, my connection is the WORST and my game runs GREAT! Check your connection."

So much missing the point the OP is making...while at the same time inadvertently proving the OP's point. LOL   

theroc23

OP did not make a point. He cried about connectivity. I also claimed that he was likely to have been making it up to bash Ghosts. You die extremely fast in this game (most guns at close-quarters kill in 3 to 4 bullets). There's no way that he unloaded a magazine with constant hit markers and did not win a gunfight. Either was up against a juggernaut, or he's lying.

There's no missed boat. There's obviously a lack of truth in his first post. Ghosts searches for best connectivity (regardless of player skill), and puts you in a match. If you're put into a laggy match with a decent Internet connection, it's very likely that you were just put into the best available match AT THAT TIME. Just leave and search for a new match. I do this all of the time. He also complained about dedicated servers. There can only be so many dedicated servers. Don't be crazy. Sometimes you just get put into a shitty match. Sometimes I get matched with French players. It sounds like France French, so that means the host I'm connected to is overseas. I just leave, and search again.

Gunnerman677

Yeah I am making this all up to bash the game.  Don't be ridiculous.  What I am saying is it hasn't changed.  Once again we as the general public fall for what is suppose to be the next best thing.  I also said I love Call of duty game play.  It is too fast of play for P2P match making.  The dedicated servers would iron some but not all of the problems out.  You do die fast on Ghosts.  You die fast on all CODs that is the issue.  The system can not keep up with this.  The post is correct.  The lower internet speed connections are barely making a peep about their game play.  You do hear some just not many.  You do get some "lag" kills with faster internet speed.  I don't know the ratio but my guess would be the "slower" is ahead.  No way am I starting a war with this.  It is not something new.  Everyone knows it is happening.  I was voicing my experiences I am still to this day having on the game.  I believe I had better connections and less crap with the same internet connection on Black Ops II.  We will not know what will change until the dedicated servers happen.  I really don't think they will.  That is my opinion.  There will be another COD this year or the next.  I will not purchase it unless a dedicated server is added.

BrilliantBus

There ARE dedicated servers. They never said every single player will be on a dedicated server. Also, did you actually play Black Ops 2? Die fast on all CODs? My ass. Slower Internet connections are not an advantage. That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. To assume that your Internet is "too fast" for an online game is absolutely ridiculous. Your character doesn't move in a faster time than everybody else's. Is that some sort of polar opposite to lag? Time travel? Sorry, but that's not how connection to a host or server goes. You can't receive information faster than it's given. That's actually completely impossible. What you're more than likely experiencing is poor reflexes, or being unfamiliar with the game dynamics. In both cases, just keep playing to get better. If you still stand by your Internet Time Travel theory, good on you.

Gunnerman677

Yeah you are correct....all the people saying what I am saying need to get better at the game.  It is obvious you didn't understand anything I was saying. No one mentioned time travel and my reflexes are fine. Go find a video about lag compensation. I am sure there is one out there to show you my point.  You think I am the only one saying this through out the COD community?  Once again, I am not bashing Ghosts, Black Ops II, MW3, or any of them.  I like the game play.  The online connection in multiplayer has a lot to be desired. 

BrilliantBus

The majority of this community doesn't understand the way the Internet works. Compensation isn't magic. I'm not going to argue with you, man. You're set in your ways. That's fine. I don't really care. If you get into poor lobbies, leave. Simple.

Gunnerman677

You are not hearing what he is saying, try to listen and comprehend what he is trying to say , he may not be telling you in a clear and concise manner but he is saying it the best way he can. This is what I understand, Lag compensation is necessary, it is necessary because there is a large disparity of connection types in regards to speed and location. I will include an example here... Player A has a connection of 50 down and 10 UP... Player B has a connection of 3 down and 1 up... Now logic tells us that Player A will dominate Player B because his connection is faster i.e. his ping to the server or P2P is quicker. Now The developers have added an algorithm in the game called Lag compensation which will try to even out the playing field per say. Lag compensation will drag Player A so Player B is on a more level playing field with Player A. It is a well known fact that Lag Compensation is not an exact science and does and will fail because of the mere fact that there is 12 players in a given lobby and trying to match all of thos said player in a fair lobby is a difficult thing to do even with lag compensation. So when he is saying his internet is too fast what he is trying to tell you is he is getting lagged by the lag compensation algorithm already present in the game.   

Astraeuss

That would is true BUT not all the servers are Hosted server. As a matter of fact most are dedicated servers. It depends on the best connection you have. The servers for Ghosts are a HYBRID of both types. Dedicated servers do not need the LCA as it goes off connection as the Hosted servers would need the LCA to make it far.

Here is the official statement from IW in regards to servers:

"I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online."

Schlokey

Studios