Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II

Ghosts PlayStation 3

Yeah man the packet loss is data not getting to you so the lack of animation makes sense. You should never have that much Packet Loss. Sounds like you are at the mercy of your ISP.

Schlokey

Its encouraging to hear that, im probably on the right path to fixing this situation. Thanks for the reply dude.

Warlord-Chojin1

Schlokey

Good Stuff. Thanks for the post.

BrilliantBus

I'd like to add what i discovered recently, or forgot about, is hardware 'lag'.
I was playing offline against bots with maximum players and i noticed stuttering everytime a few bots spawned at once and it got worse when killstreaks were running. I dropped the player count to maximum 8 and this resolved the issue. This probably means that the PS3 (Slim) is reaching its max. Its something to consider online.
I've cleaned out the PS3 manually and added a cooling pad for it to sit on, considering the 'motherboard' and components sit on the base of the PS3. Even after long sessions it now stays cool. I've tried various PS3 optimisation guides, tweaked my monitor settings and in all i have noticed an improvement regarding frames and stuttering.
Oviously, i still have the packet loss issue but this helped to smooth things out a teeny bit.

Warlord-Chojin1

YEA! that is so cool that there is so much going on that my playstation just can't keep but that does not happen very often online. OK one time it was cool my character got wacked but it was cool.

RepublicSoldier

Yes it sounds like Video Lag. CoD has always been 1080 and the newer version push the limit of the ps3 video card and processor. In this case the CPU is working hard because of the amount of bots in the server.

Schlokey

I'd just like to post an update since i now have my new ISP connected and running.

Well, the connection is fantastic, however, this has made things WORSE !!
I am now dieing even faster than before !! Im talking about being 1 shot in the toe by a 5 yr old with a Honey Badger. I am talking about guys aiming to the left and right of me and dropping me faster than i can blink, while my machine like accurate twitch aim (lol) is not even registering.
If you don't believe me, for the past week i have had an overlap between the two ISPs and have been able to test both connections back and forth at different times of the day. The original connection is actually starting to play better since it has been getting even worse technically and noticeable while browsing. Then switching to the new ISP FTTC and im dropping rapido. Under closer scrutiny im back to the same problem of just appearing at players not firing, but worse.

I have tried throttling my connection but so far its no help. I can kiss my 4. kdr and 3.3 w/l goodbye. I am dead meat.

Oh just in case it might help somebody, my original broadband was Virgin and my new FTTC is Plusnet.

If theres any change i will update. Thanks.

Warlord-Chojin1

Look for a FIOS ISP in your area. Also try using an ethernet cable instead of wireless. Hope it gets better.

Schlokey

I think FIOS is FTTP which has only started pilot testing in some areas of the UK. The FTTC im using now has the least packet loss and jitter in the UK (as far as the ISPs equipment) its a really nice connection. Previously i was using Virgin broadband which uses a hybrid fibre optic cable and the Eurodocsis which begins to strain with high usage since its shared. I was getting lots of packet loss.
Honestly from what i've experienced here i wouldn't want to upgrade to FTTP.. i want to downgrade ! lol

I definitely use a cat6 shielded cable and i've experimented with a zillion different tweaks and configs. Its has only ever shown a minor difference which is short lived.
My last hope is going back to experimenting with a WAN emulator and see if i can find the right mix of latency, jitter and packet loss on my line to give me a fair game.

Playing last night was just impossible. I was being stomped by anyone and everyone. One dude was just so immune to my bullets i had to ask him his ISP.. it was Virgin lol.

I appreciate the help though Schlokey. Thanks !

Warlord-Chojin1

Studios